I still don't get "Blood on the Dancefloor"?

MJJFan123

Proud Member
The lyrics are very weird. Apparently the storyline takes place on a dancefloor, where a woman named Susie decides to stab a man with a knife, and the cut is 7 inches deep. And he bleeds on the knife and on the dancefloor. I still don't get why she would decide to do something like this. Is it because she bore his baby & he left her? And anyway, wouldn't somebody notice & call the cops so they can haul her ass to jail? LOL! :wink:

i love this song... it's imagery to tell a story that's not being told? one can only make assumptions, it's best to just enjoy it. LOVE the video!

The lyrics are very weird. Apparently the storyline takes place on a dancefloor, where a woman named Susie decides to stab a man with a knife, and the cut is 7 inches deep. And he bleeds on the knife and on the dancefloor. I still don't get why she would decide to do something like this. Is it because she bore his baby & he left her? And anyway, wouldn't somebody notice & call the cops so they can haul her ass to jail? LOL! :wink:

I dunno myself. Maybe the woman had some severe PMS going, and he was available?? Who knows? LOL! :bugeyed

I always thought it was about men getting with women they just met at a club or somewhere and they TAKE A CHANCE, have sex, she gets pregnant, SHE GOT YOUR BABY, IT HAPPENED FAST, and now he has to take care of that girl and baby because of one night of passion.

lmao, i figured it being about 1 night stands. the "dancefloor" is just the metaphor he uses. come on think, 7inches in...she got yo baby, it happened fast...,erasing the past come on its in ur face lol.

Last edited:
It was just an excuse for Michael to talk about sex and tell us something we didn't know.

^_^

It's the mystery of the song that appeals to me. You can relate it to just about anything.

I remember going on a rampage wondering what and who was he talking about.. trying to figure out, is it Susie Akins (sp) that he's talking about or what?????

Like I did research of stuff trying to see if there is a true story that matches it.. lol!

LMAO@Linda, yeah that PMS can do a man in. I know there are times when I want to choke some ppl.. I agree, I think it's just a way for MJ to talk about sex without actually saying "he banged her, she got preggers, and then he left".lol...
Hell I wish artist would go back to using metaphors because then kids won't be walking around singing such inappropriate songs..

while the review is great, it's like most things regarding MJ..the reviewer isn't absolutely sure, but has an idea. a little mystery, yet again. lol

I dunno myself. Maybe the woman had some severe PMS going, and he was available?? Who knows? LOL! :bugeyed

Sometimes you really crack me up...Giggles~~~

I never understood women and, or men that are psycho B*tches, D*cks...I would be dog gone... if I "ever" go flipo over a man no mattter who he was/is...thats just messed up,scary, not to mention...just plain creepy..!

My motto..
One cannot give something to someone if that someone does not want it; Therefore, If their not worthy their simply not worth the precious time and aggravation...:punk:

Last edited:
I always thought it was about men getting with women they just met at a club or somewhere and they TAKE A CHANCE, have sex, she gets pregnant, SHE GOT YOUR BABY, IT HAPPENED FAST, and now he has to take care of that girl and baby because of one night of passion.
Oh yea. That's basically what happened.
michaelsson said:
lmao, i figured it being about 1 night stands. the "dancefloor" is just the metaphor he uses. come on think, 7inches in...she got yo baby, it happened fast...,erasing the past come on its in ur face lol.
Never thought about the dance floor just being metaphor. Then, it matches another metaphor "that simple dance" in "I got to enjoy that simple dance" for body movements in having sex. So, "dance floor" means the bed where the one-night stand happened.

Last edited:
Oh yea. That's basically what happened.

Never thought about the dance floor just being metaphor. Then, it matches another metaphor "that simple dance" in "I got to enjoy that simple dance" for body movements in having sex. So, "dance floor" means the bed where the one-night stand happened.
Exactly ;)

and the part "7 inch in" is a sexual metaphore. This song is a lyric game it's awesome one of my faves

Circa 1997, we were informed that Blood on the Dance Floor is a metaphor of having unprotected sex, which can lead to a big risk (HIV). So to sum it up, the song tells you be careful when you are planning to have sex and related to that subject.

I don't remember neither the source nor the way I was informed (newspaper/magazine/mjifc chatroom etc.).

'We' as in more than just one person was informed.

Is it valid? I don't know.

is this like "do a dance, on the floor, in the round"??? Another "dancing" metaphor?? LOL

I don't know about this though.........

Back