December 17th, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Ok, this is my 3rd time trying to create this thread. Hopes computer behaves long enough to get the news on here...

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sony BMG ties up with ibibo[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE] Indiantelevision.com Team(17 December 2008 1:00 pm)
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MUMBAI: Sony BMG has partnered with online social network ibibo.com to roll out the first ever community voted compilation of the best of ‘Michael Jackson King Of Pop.'[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]music [COLOR=blue! important]album[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] that will be in stores by January will be a special selection of Michael Jackson songs collectively voted by community members of ibibo.com. The community members with the most voted tracks will win prizes and get recognition on the website.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Ibibo.com community will be able to listen and vote for over 100 smash hits of Jackson. The community can join the fan club and also watch MJ’s [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]videos[/COLOR][/COLOR] and photos. The tracks will be from MJ’s popular albums like Thriller, Dangerous, Off the Wall, History, Bad etc. Based on the most voted for Jackson tracks, Sony BMG will release into the market a double CD collection called Michael Jackson-The King of Pop. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The company says that this essentially leads to the democratisation of [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]music [COLOR=blue! important]production[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] where audiences choose the tracks based on popularity.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As a part of celebrating the cult of MJ on ibibo.com, the social networking site has also launched “Moon walk Like Michael” contest. The best moon walkers will be selected by Ibibo community along with Sony BMG and will get to win laptops and [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]iPods[/COLOR][/COLOR].[/FONT]

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k8/dec/dec172.php
At Big Party, Kids Remake Jackson All-Star Tribute With the Locals

...Eventually, everyone was corralled from the makeshift smoking lounge into the recording space to film the video, a spoof of Michael Jackson's 1985 "We Are The World" extravaganza (sample lyric: "We're giving cash to all the trust fund kids this year"). It was not exactly a humble self-acknowledgment to line up local New York popular kids as though they were Michael Jackson's all-star cast: there was ubiquitous society truffle-pig Moby, comedian Seth Herzog, LCD Soundsystem's Nancy Whang, Battles guitarist Ian Williams, members of the band Cheeseburger, Seth Herzog, Okkervil River's Will Sheff, Vice founder Gavin McInnes (whose level of vociferousness seemed rise whenever he put on his white, reflective wayfarers), and Fred Armisen (who ducked out before we could coax him into further insulting the governor)--on a set of bleachers, giving the scene the look of a yearbook photoshoot where the nerdy had been intentionally misdirected to the wrong place. Mr. Harrington--who, at some point, changed into an outfit consisting of a pair of bright red briefs, yellow knee-socks, a white T-shirt, and rainbow striped gloves--acted as the conductor, engaging in some Mick Jagger-style stomping and issuing directives related to the functioning of recording equipment. After a brief battle with the headphones ("Who's hearing nothing?...That's everybody!"), an impending crowd mutiny was quelled with pizza and crates of Bud Light delivered by studio employees, proving that N.Y.U. students might not have been so far out of place after all...
http://www.observer.com/2008/o2/tim-harrington

Alesha Dixon takes inspiration from Beyoncé in raunchy new video clip
[SIZE=-1]Daily Mail, UK - 30 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Alesha recorded the song at the Quincy Jones’ legendary Westlake Studios where Michael Jackson's Thriller album was made. ...[/SIZE]

Akon side-steps controversy
[SIZE=-1]Courier Mail, Australia - 46 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"There's so many misconceptions around Michael Jackson but when you meet him he's the most humble, coolest, down-to-earth person," Akon says. ...[/SIZE]

LOL Today is one of those rare days when there are no MJ History notes :lol: He took Dec. 17th off :D

love this video..and appreciate the cause
Dancing policeman becomes internet hit

A moonwalking traffic policeman has become a YouTube hit.

Last Updated: 8:08PM GMT 16 Dec 2008

var InSkinParams = new Array(); InSkinParams['srv_SectionID'] = '123377'; InSkinParams['srv_SectionIDPlay'] = '123367'; InSkinParams['srv_Keywords'] = ''; InSkinParams['srv_Categories'] = ''; InSkinParams['skn_videotitle'] = 'Video Title'; InSkinParams['plr_PrerollURL'] = ''; InSkinParams['plr_InSkinID'] = 'myInSkin'; InSkinParams['plr_ContentID'] = 'myExperience'; InSkinParams['plr_ContentW'] = 424; InSkinParams['plr_ContentH'] = 293; InSkinParams['plr_InSkinW'] = 460; InSkinParams['plr_InSkinH'] = 372; InSkinParams['plr_ContentType'] = 'BC3'; InSkinParams['srv_PlayerType'] = 'BC3'; InSkinParams['keyword'] = 'news/newstopics/howaboutthat'; InSkinParams['srv_UseSAS'] = 'onplay'; InSkinParams['sas_PlayAdTag'] = '%3Cscript+type%3D%22text%2Fjavascript%22+language%3D%22javascript%22+src%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fads.telegraph.co.uk%2Fjs.ng%2Fsite%3Dnews%26amp%3Bsection%3Dnews%2Fnewstopics%2Fhowaboutthat%26amp%3Bpt%3Dst1%26amp%3Bpg%3D%2Fnews%2Fnewstopics%2Fhowaboutthat%2F3794632%2FDancing-policeman-becomes-internet-hit.html%26amp%3Bspaceid%3Dinskin%26amp%3Bsz%3D1x1%26amp%3Bls%3Df%26amp%3Bbcstyle%3Dst%26amp%3BtransactionID%3D0812171623520387%22%3E%3C%2Fscript%3E%0D%0A%0D%0A%09%09%3Cnoscript%3E%3Ca+href%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fads.telegraph.co.uk%2Fclick.ng%2Fsite%3Dnews%26amp%3Bsection%3Dnews%2Fnewstopics%2Fhowaboutthat%26amp%3Bpt%3Dst1%26amp%3Bpg%3D%2Fnews%2Fnewstopics%2Fhowaboutthat%2F3794632%2FDancing-policeman-becomes-internet-hit.html%26amp%3Bspaceid%3Dinskin%26amp%3Bsz%3D1x1%26amp%3Bls%3Df%26amp%3Bbcstyle%3Dst%26amp%3BtransactionID%3D0812171623520387%22+target%3D%22_blank%22%3E%3Cimg+src%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fads.telegraph.co.uk%2Fimage.ng%2Fsite%3Dnews%26amp%3Bsection%3Dnews%2Fnewstopics%2Fhowaboutthat%26amp%3Bpt%3Dst1%26amp%3Bpg%3D%2Fnews%2Fnewstopics%2Fhowaboutthat%2F3794632%2FDancing-policeman-becomes-internet-hit.html%26amp%3Bspaceid%3Dinskin%26amp%3Bsz%3D1x1%26amp%3Bls%3Df%26amp%3Bbcstyle%3Dst%26amp%3BtransactionID%3D0812171623520387%22+alt%3D%22Advertisement%22+border%3D%220%22%2F%3E%3C%2Fa%3E%3C%2Fnoscript%3E'; InSkinParams['sas_FrameURL'] = 'http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/template/utils/inskin/SASFrame.html'; InSkinParams['sas_FrameDomain'] = 'telegraph.co.uk'; var myInSkin = new InSkin(InSkinParams); myInSkin.init(); // required code for Brightcove integration // - if you already use onTemplateLoaded function, please rename your // instance and manually add a call to your function below. function onTemplateLoaded() { // Used to set player volume escenicOnTemplateLoaded(); InSkinContent_BC3_onTemplateLoaded(myInSkin); }

Video: http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid4464161001/bctid4919060001 var modVP; function escenicOnTemplateLoaded() { bcExp = brightcove.getExperience('myExperience'); modVP = bcExp.getModule(APIModules.VIDEO_PLAYER); modVP.setVolume(0.0); }

The Palestinian officer has been entertaining Ramallah residents with his Michael Jackson-esque moves outside the Stars and Bucks café in the busy city centre.

The dancing policeman has become the face of a new force trained in Jordan with American and European support, in an attempt to establish law and order in the West Bank, according to The Times.
Palestine's new uniformed cops are part of plans to build a new Palestinian state "from the bottom up".
And the policeman at the centre of the YouTube video seems at least to be enjoying his job and his performs Michael Jackson dance moves between directing traffic and allowing residents to cross the busy streets safely.

Meanwhile, Palestinian President Mahmud Abbas said on Tuesday he will "very soon" schedule Palestinian elections in the absence of reconciliation with the Hamas rulers of the Gaza Strip.
"We will very soon call presidential and legislative elections within the Palestinian Authority here in the West Bank and in Gaza," Mr Abbas told journalists.

The Western-backed Palestinian president had earlier given the Islamist Hamas movement until the end of the year to accept reconciliation talks, warning he would otherwise call snap elections.
Hamas, which dominates the current parliament insists legislative elections are not due until 2010, but that presidential elections should be held in the coming weeks.
The Islamists say Abbas's mandate ends on January 8, 2009, a claim the president's secular Fatah faction rejects.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...2/Dancing-policeman-becomes-internet-hit.html

Last edited:
Ok, this is my 3rd time trying to create this thread. Hopes computer behaves long enough to get the news on here...

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sony BMG ties up with ibibo[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Indiantelevision.com Team
(17 December 2008 1:00 pm)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MUMBAI: Sony BMG has partnered with online social network ibibo.com to roll out the first ever community voted compilation of the best of ‘Michael Jackson King Of Pop.'[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]music [COLOR=blue! important]album[/color][/color][/color] that will be in stores by January will be a special selection of Michael Jackson songs collectively voted by community members of ibibo.com. The community members with the most voted tracks will win prizes and get recognition on the website.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Ibibo.com community will be able to listen and vote for over 100 smash hits of Jackson. The community can join the fan club and also watch MJ’s [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]videos[/color][/color] and photos. The tracks will be from MJ’s popular albums like Thriller, Dangerous, Off the Wall, History, Bad etc. Based on the most voted for Jackson tracks, Sony BMG will release into the market a double CD collection called Michael Jackson-The King of Pop. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The company says that this essentially leads to the democratisation of [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]music [COLOR=blue! important]production[/color][/color][/color] where audiences choose the tracks based on popularity.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As a part of celebrating the cult of MJ on ibibo.com, the social networking site has also launched “Moon walk Like Michael” contest. The best moon walkers will be selected by Ibibo community along with Sony BMG and will get to win laptops and [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]iPods[/color][/color].[/FONT]

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k8/dec/dec172.php
At Big Party, Kids Remake Jackson All-Star Tribute With the Locals

...Eventually, everyone was corralled from the makeshift smoking lounge into the recording space to film the video, a spoof of Michael Jackson's 1985 "We Are The World" extravaganza (sample lyric: "We're giving cash to all the trust fund kids this year"). It was not exactly a humble self-acknowledgment to line up local New York popular kids as though they were Michael Jackson's all-star cast: there was ubiquitous society truffle-pig Moby, comedian Seth Herzog, LCD Soundsystem's Nancy Whang, Battles guitarist Ian Williams, members of the band Cheeseburger, Seth Herzog, Okkervil River's Will Sheff, Vice founder Gavin McInnes (whose level of vociferousness seemed rise whenever he put on his white, reflective wayfarers), and Fred Armisen (who ducked out before we could coax him into further insulting the governor)--on a set of bleachers, giving the scene the look of a yearbook photoshoot where the nerdy had been intentionally misdirected to the wrong place. Mr. Harrington--who, at some point, changed into an outfit consisting of a pair of bright red briefs, yellow knee-socks, a white T-shirt, and rainbow striped gloves--acted as the conductor, engaging in some Mick Jagger-style stomping and issuing directives related to the functioning of recording equipment. After a brief battle with the headphones ("Who's hearing nothing?...That's everybody!"), an impending crowd mutiny was quelled with pizza and crates of Bud Light delivered by studio employees, proving that N.Y.U. students might not have been so far out of place after all...
http://www.observer.com/2008/o2/tim-harrington

Alesha Dixon takes inspiration from Beyoncé in raunchy new video clip
[SIZE=-1]Daily Mail, UK - 30 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Alesha recorded the song at the Quincy Jones’ legendary Westlake Studios where Michael Jackson's Thriller album was made. ...[/SIZE]

Akon side-steps controversy
[SIZE=-1]Courier Mail, Australia - 46 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"There's so many misconceptions around Michael Jackson but when you meet him he's the most humble, coolest, down-to-earth person," Akon says. ...[/SIZE]

LOL Today is one of those rare days when there are no MJ History notes :lol: He took Dec. 17th off :D

lol..in that article about kids remaking we are the world, the reporter forgot to mention lionel ritchie. lol. yeaaah we know who the most famous person in the world is, reporter. thanks for reminding us, :lol: :applause:

(no offence lionel, lol. i'm just mentioning it for the intended purpose, but i love ya dude). :D

*dayum..another atv loop bringing in another radio segment, i'm hearing, as i post this*

Once a person is linked to Michael Jackson, everyone from the person who takes out his garbage to a musician automatically gets a full career out of talking about him for their rest of their lives!

I would LOVE to know what Michael himself thinks about all those people making comments about him. I'm sure he have had some good laughs ;)

OMG the way Sony keeps releasing MJ catalog we will never hear any new material from him. It is like they are purposely attempting to block him or ride the coat tails of any new product. WOW You know, if only they had spend some of that marketing/promoting/distribution money on, oh I don't know, maybe on INVINCIBLE. I want to go play, "threatened" and "money" by MJ right now.and I think I will.

Last edited:
u know mjfans4life i wouldnt be surprised if that is what they r doing!
dumb sony

OMG the way Sony keeps releasing MJ catalog we will never hear any new material from him. It is like they are purposely attempting to block him or ride the coat tails of any new product. WOW You know, if only they had spend some of that marketing/promoting/distribution money on, oh I don't know, maybe on INVINCIBLE. I want to go play, "threatened" and "money" by MJ right now.and I think I will.

yeah..i tend to think about that, too.

Probaly Michael himself too okays every release.

Back