December 18, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Good morning everyone. My computer is actually working. Didn't realize just how much I would not like switching to Vista :p

Ok, let me find some MJ news that hopefully won't be tabloid crap...brb

Today in History - Dec. 18

By The Associated Press – 8 hours ago
Today is Thursday, Dec. 18, the 353rd day of 2008. There are 13 days left in the year.
Today's Highlight in History:
...Five years ago: Two federal appeals courts ruled the U.S. military could not indefinitely hold prisoners without access to lawyers or American courts. A jury in Chesapeake, Va., convicted teenager Lee Boyd Malvo of two counts of capital murder in the Washington-area sniper shootings (he was later sentenced to life in prison without parole). A judge in Seattle sentenced confessed Green River Killer Gary Ridgway to 48 consecutive life terms. Michael Jackson was formally charged with molesting a cancer-stricken boy at his Neverland Ranch; Jackson was acquitted at trial...
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jhZfSZI4djl_MxnRykC5lZzlBMYQD954TK6G0

Michael Jackson's 'personal invitation' to Shilpa Shetty

It was a poignant moment for Shilpa Shetty when she received a personal invitation from the King of Pop, Michael Jackson... What was the invitation all about? Well, it was for his brother, Jermaine Jackson's birthday bash, a bash that Michael himself was planning.

Jackson's brother was one of the contestants of Big Brother along with Shilpa Shetty and Jade Goody. Besides Shilpa, Jackson has also sent an invite to Jade. We're told both these foes-turned-friends had been specially invited as 'Chief Guests' for Jermaine's birthday. Can you 'beat it'?

Needless to say, Shilpa was very excited to get a personal invitation from the King of Pop himself. But the big question is: Is she going?
http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3852394.cms

SirPaul.jpeg

The McCartney Years (DVD)
Paul McCartney
Long before he was awarded a title that officially made him a member of musical royalty this former mop top from Liverpool was considered royalty to many fans. The he was Paul of John, Paul, George, and Ringo – the bass player who also helped to write many of the band’s hits. Knighted by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in 1997 today he is Sir Paul and at 60 plus he is still making music for old fans and new.
“The McCartney Years” is a three disc DVD that chronicles the musical career of Sir Paul using videos, interviews, monologues, and live concert footage from over 35 years of music. Each of the three discs also includes some extras for over six hours of Sir Paul singing and playing as a part of his band Wings and as a solo artist..
The first two Discs contain videos from some of Sir Paul’s hit songs. Included in the videos on the first disc are “Say Say Say” with Michael Jackson and “Ebony and Ivory” with Stevie Wonder. The extras include Sir Paul talking about writing, how he met fellow band mates George and John, and scenes from Abbey Road. The videos display Sir Paul’s proficiency in a variety of musical styles from classical to pop and rock.
The third disc in the collection are live performances from a concert with Wings in Seattle, a complete set from Glastonberry, and an acoustic set in which Sir Paul includes songs from his days with the Beatles and a rendition of the first song he ever wrote at the age of 14; a song Sir Paul wrote after the death of his mother from cancer. The extras on the third disc is Sir Paul’s performance at Live Aid along with a commentary about the performance and Sir Paul’s complete performance at the Super Bowl.
During his live performances and the sections where he is talking on the DVD Sir Paul displays his easy going manner that is far from pompous and arrogant. During the live portions of the DVD Sir Paul displays an easy rapport with the audiences that is missing among many of the younger artists today.
Born James Paul McCartney in Liverpool, England Sir Paul was introduced to music at a very early age; his father played piano in a band of his own. Sir Paul is the only member of the Beatles to have had any classical music training. He later opened a school of performing arts in his home town of Liverpool. Since forming the Beatles, Sir Paul has achieved success seldom seen in the music world. He is listed in the Guiness Book of World Records with 60 gold records (100,000 copies sold of singles and 500,000 for albums) and over 100 million copies in album sales. Sir Paul has amassed 29 number one singles in the United States alone and 34 albums to chart on the Billboard top 200 album chart with 12 of them reaching the number one spot. He is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in America and the British Rock Hall of Fame. Sir Paul is a multi Grammy Award winner, a Brit Award winner, and the only Beatle to receive an Oscar nomination. Along with all of his accomplishments he is the first musician to have his music heard in outer space when in 2005 a concert performance in California was beamed up to the astronauts in the Space Shuttle Discovery.
“The McCartney Years” is a must have for any true Sir Paul fan. The DVD cover is simply a reproduction of Sir Paul’s autograph with a drawing of an eye in blue on a white background. Whether you are a casual fan or a true follower “The McCartney Years” is worth the over six hours to view the entire set.
http://www.examiner.com/x-746-NY-Music-Examiner~y2008m12d17-The-McCartney-Years

Advocate talent ‘a gift from God’

12/18/2008

It’s always an amazing and pleasurable experience to see the talent coming from the staff at the Advocate Publishers (2000) Inc. Annual Christmas Party and Talent Show.

There are the ones who truly surprised the staff with a side that no-one thought they had and with a talent that is really inspire the words “a gift from God”.

There are also those who have a sense of humour, have the ability to laugh at themselves and do not mind others laughing at them.

Other good news was that there were a lot of new faces amongst the midst, therefore bringing a fresh new vibe to the show.

More good news is that after years of wandering around in the desert. Ricky McConney finally did something the other wanderers didn’t. He reached the Promised Land. He won!

The other top place finishers included Legal Consultant, Nadia Alleyne who placed 2nd with a untitled poem about recent events and Heat employee, Nadia Brancker, who came 3rd with a dance.
Sports editor, Corey Greaves in a Karate demonstration; the Heat Staff performing a dramatic piece entitled “A Typical Day at Heat;” Alison Ramsay with a dramatic piece about her ineligibility to become a member of the fashion police; Photographer, Ricardo Leacock performing a Gospel song entitled “Redemption Draweth Nigh” and Heat Editor, Ryan Broome trying to dance like Michael Jackson rounded out the 4th to 8th place rankings.http://www.barbadosadvocate.com/newsitem.asp?more=lifestyle&NewsID=946

wth?Uri is something else...

Uri Geller and Jackson trance track
PA Entertainment

A31081261229600559A.jpg
Uri Geller and Michael Jackson want to beat the credit crisis

Uri Geller apparently hopes to save the world from the credit crisis with Michael Jackson.
The spoon-bending psychic plans to release an "uplifting" subliminal message he has recorded with his friend, the King of Pop, according to The Sun, in a bid to make people think positively.
A source claimed: "Uri is convinced the power of positive thought can lift us out of economic gloom.
"Him and ***** recorded a spoken-word message and want to put it behind the track so it can penetrate people's subconscious."
The pair hope to release the subliminal message on selected chart singles to reach as many people as possible.
Uri allegedly approached The X Factor's Simon Cowell and offered to have the track recorded on the winner's single which is now Alexandra Burke's recording of Hallelujah, the UK's fastest selling download single.
The source said: "His offer was politely declined. But he's not deterred. He's vowed to succeed and is determining which releases to target."
Thu 18 Dec
http://musicnews.virginmedia.com/en...008/12/18/uri_geller_and_jackson_trance_track

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1996 - Michael Jackson's "Dangerous - The Short Films" was certified 2 times Platinum.

2003 - In Santa Maria, CA, Michael Jackson was charged with seven counts of molesting a child under 14 and two counts of supplying the child with "an intoxicating agent." Jackson's lawyer denounced the allegations and said they were driven by money and revenge.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting.

WTF? Regarding the Uri Guller article. I do not believe the story. I am sorry. However, if the story is true, why is he releasing it now? Is he trying to make a profit from it? And I am glad that the people from the "X Factor" show reclined his offer. Good on them.

As for the article of the UK Celebrity Big Brother former contestants coming to this suppose MJ planned Jermaine b-day party (say that three times fast): errrrrrr, Jerm's b-day was last week and I do not know if the story is true. So, I am not gonna fully believe this story until it comes from a more "credible" source.

Oh yes, I nearly forgot - People magazine has this special collector's issue out in stores that is dedicated to the 1980s and yes our Mickey (my nickname for Mike. Yeah, you guys have nicknames for him as well. Don't front.) is on the cover and featured in the magazine. It is a two page picture of Mike surrounded by police officers. You know, back in the day when MJ would go on tour and before he went on the stage, he was accompained by police officers? Yeah, the pic was like that. It was pretty awesome. I want my sister to buy the collector's edition tommorrow (hopefully). You guys should try to get it, esp. if you were either born at that time or grew up in that time. It looks really good.

Last edited:
Uri Geller seriously needs to drop the name dropping. It's obvious for years and Geller also confirmed that he and Michael are no longer in touch. He keeps trying to get his name in the press over Michaels back. Maybe Michael should indeed record a subliminal message, for Uri, saying: try to make it on your own, stop using my name... try to make it on your own, stop using my name... try to make it on your own, stop using my name... ;)

Uri seriously needs to shut up, Michael doesn't want to know you FOOL, get the message

Here's a little mention I got from hitsdailydouble today.

They are wrapping up the "Year In Music" and regarding publishing this is what they had to say:

"And without making a lot of noise, the music publishers CONTINUE to be the most consistent revenue producers in the industry."

They also add:

"PUBLISHING: This part of the business continued to be the MOST PROFITABLE part of the biz as the same players......"

I tell you that dang Michael Jackson hit the motherload, when he went into the publishing business, because it seems even when the rest of the music business is not doing so well, he STILL manages to come out on top. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

Interesting about the Jermaine B-day thing. Hmm....

Uri Geller seriously needs to drop the name dropping. It's obvious for years and Geller also confirmed that he and Michael are no longer in touch. He keeps trying to get his name in the press over Michaels back. Maybe Michael should indeed record a subliminal message, for Uri, saying: try to make it on your own, stop using my name... try to make it on your own, stop using my name... try to make it on your own, stop using my name... ;)

:lol: My thoughts exactly. Other than attention-seeking, I can't imagine WHY he'd even bother with this now??!! He just claimed he understood why MJ would want nothing to do with him. If that's the case, WHY would he start desperately working on a project that has ANYTHING to do with Michael Jackson?! Keep it moving. On top of that there's the issue of copyrights. Has Michael given Uri permission and/or rights to shop a project like this around containing his voice? Doesn't make sense...unless Uri is looking for legal trouble (which makes him either stupid or plain annoying)...ORRRR...........I'm afraid to even type the possibility. :unsure: :ph34r:

Thanks Bee for the mention about the People magazine and thanks to all for the news and mentionings. :flowers:

I agree. Enough is enough. Uri spent, approximately, a year and a half to two years trashing Michael. After all of that, why is he suddenly trying to get back into Michael's good graces? This is the second time in a month he's done this. Michael has made it quite clear that he doesn't want anything to do with Uri. This is ridiculous. Uri needs to cut it out and go on with his life.

I tell you that dang Michael Jackson hit the motherload, when he went into the publishing business, because it seems even when the rest of the music business is not doing so well, he STILL manages to come out on top. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

You are not lying. Man, that publishing business is something else.

It is a damn shame that this Uri character is using Mike's name to still try to make a name for himself. He is nothing more than a media loving fraud.

Thank you for posting that sweet comment from Q. I am glad that they still keep in touch. And it is direct quotes as well.

A quick update it's cute even though you gotta wade through a lil comment...

One Stage Packed With Nutty Soul Greatness: Prince and Michael Jackson Join James Brown

12/18/08, 1:45 pm EST
Word has it Prince’s latest rock will debut on Indie 103.1 FM in Los Angeles today (stay tuned for a full report). What better excuse than that to show you this amazing clip sent to me by Rolling Stone research guru Coco McPherson: James Brown, live circa 1983, calling on both Michael Jackson AND Prince to join him onstage. I mean, seriously? I didn’t know the universe was capable of handling this much soul/crazy on one stage without breaking apart forever.
First comes Michael, still looking 87 percent normal, who ad-libs an “oh baby I love you” slow jam. The band kicks into the “There Was a Time” vamp and Jackson busts some physics-defying James Brown moves. Ridiculous.
But then Brown calls Prince out of the crowd. And gradually Prince materializes! On piggyback! He picks up a guitar and does some minimalist funk noodling. But clearly his clothes are holding him back, so, naturally, he whips off his shirt and begins making sweet, purple love to everyone in the audience. Lord almighty. I need a kind soul to surface an entire copy of this concert.

You know shit is crazy when Michael Jackson appears to be the least insane person onstage. Someone needs to come clean up my cube because my head just exploded all over it.
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...-prince-and-michael-jackson-join-james-brown/

I remember watching that.

Just a mention.

I am currently studying in London and I went to Russell Square station on Tuesday. As I emerged from the undergrond I could hear Michael's DTSYGE blasting! I have also seen quite a few posters promoting Thriller Live.

Michael Jackson's 'personal invitation' to Shilpa Shetty

It was a poignant moment for Shilpa Shetty when she received a personal invitation from the King of Pop, Michael Jackson... What was the invitation all about? Well, it was for his brother, Jermaine Jackson's birthday bash, a bash that Michael himself was planning.

Jackson's brother was one of the contestants of Big Brother along with Shilpa Shetty and Jade Goody. Besides Shilpa, Jackson has also sent an invite to Jade. We're told both these foes-turned-friends had been specially invited as 'Chief Guests' for Jermaine's birthday. Can you 'beat it'?

Needless to say, Shilpa was very excited to get a personal invitation from the King of Pop himself. But the big question is: Is she going?
http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3852394.cms

SirPaul.jpeg

Her along with many people at the Big Brother UK house constantly kept asking jermaine about him so if she really is interested she'll go.

You are not lying. Man, that publishing business is something else.

It is a damn shame that this Uri character is using Mike's name to still try to make a name for himself. He is nothing more than a media loving fraud.

Thank you for posting that sweet comment from Q. I am glad that they still keep in touch. And it is direct quotes as well.

It seems Uri needs money that's why he is juicing Michael's name. If he does this recording I hope Michael sues him.

It seems Uri needs money that's why he is juicing Michael's name. If he does this recording I hope Michael sues him

I hope that MJ sues the living crap out of him.

OK, I have an update: Tommorrow on Access Hollywood -

I was watching Access Hollywood literally 40 minutes ago and they showed a clip of Michael. They are going to "investigate" what happened to Michael's money. I was watching this nonsense and saw that evil monster Diane Demon on there. I was like, "what the f--- is that heifer on here for?" I was livid because this is the same crap show that did that interview of him way back in 2006 when MJ was in Ireland with Will.i.am all kissing his rear and things of that nature. That heifer, Demon, was basically stating that MJ is clearly broke and this trashy show wanna do some kind of an investigation on it. I really hope that MJ's side is shown because even though right now, Access Hollywood is starting to get on my damn nerves, they are fair. I can give them that....right now. However, knowing how frickle this trash media is, I have zero faith in them. So, I just want you guys to look out for it. I am fuming mad about this but what can you or me do, really? These people KNOW that Mike is coming back and they are doing everything that they can to ruin it. All I have to say is that it is not gonna work.

they r doing "an investigation" on mike money!!!!!
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Havent they got anything 2 do with their time? Well it shows just how pathetic and obessed they really are bout mike!

Oh and as for uri.......CAN SOMONE B**CH SLAP THAT GUY PLEASE!

Man that woman is beating the hell out of a dead horse.. Someone needs to investigate her and see what creditials she has that allow her to call herself a journalist. Sweet Mary and Joseph she is annoying and I guess since she is probably broke due to that horrible book she wrote not selling, now she wants to bring Michael down with her.. Like my grandmother always told me "Misery loves Company"..

I feel you guys pain in this. I mean, I was like, "are these people effing serious? I mean, why is she in my FACE? Get out and live the negro alone." I mean, I watched that show since I was 12 years old and this is the nastiest they have done to Mike. Their coverage of the trial was tame, but this is lame. For real. *Sigh* However, we will see. I am just hoping I see Londell McMillian throwing down the knowledge on the segment tommorrow. I thought that AH was the last good entertainment show. However, it is just a cheap version of ET. Blah. These shows suck. At times, I wonder why I watch these shows. I could be reading a book than watching their nonsense.

Something legally needs to be done about these people. I never see them treating other celebrities like this. It's stupid and uncalled for for them to be in Michael's business like that. I'm angry as all get out. All I know is that this has to stop. Flat out. It's insane.

Back