Heal The World Foundation (merged topics here)

Emjay

Proud Member
Good Morning,

I haven't posted for a few years now but I have noticed that the Heal The World Foundation web site is back and there is mention of Michael Jackson and the charity work he has done.

Does any one know if he is involved with this re-launch?

Thanks

www.healtheworldfoundation.org

Re: Heal The World Foundation

I have no time looking it up now, but I'm excited about this since I haven't heard anything for a long time. :)

This info is nice:

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Honorary Founding Member[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Michael Jackson[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
michael_a_ring.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Mr. Jackson officially founded HTWF in 1991, forming the nonprofit, however, the heart of this charity, healing the world, one person at a time, was Mr. Jackson's life long mission and daily focus, even before​

Last edited:

It looks like it's not run by Michael- but by another organization who have several different charities. He is listed as an "honorary founding member" on the site. :)

Last edited:

"Let it be noted, HTWF was fully restructure with new directors and a refined direction, in part, due to the affect of Mr. Jackson's trial and the attacks on his character and credibility with his charitable work and children. HTWF was also slowed and delayed, but never destroyed."

Does that mean Michael Jackson isn't involved with the Charity anymore? :unsure:
It's cool how the page says "Michael's Army" hehe. Cool to see it back up and still going though :).

Wonderful! Thanks for reminding me, I visited this page before. No one should have to suffer.

so wonderful to see this positivity that is Michael. it can never be stopped.

For as far as I can see on the website, Michael is no longer involved with the foundation, apart from being an honorary member. So... what you see on the website was once started by Michael, but has been inactive for years and years and years. I don't know what the 'comeback' means, but it looks like Michael is NOT involved (I purely derive that from the information on the site itself).

The website and the foundation has nothing to do with the original initiative launched by Michael Jackson.

^ are u sure? is he really not involved anymore?
i think he is, i mean, not only he started it, but he's a charity man, isnt he doing any charity apart from the auction that will take place in april??
i dont believe he would stop being involved in HTWF....

I just took a quiz there, about my character and all and the 1st question is "how long have u been a fan oj MJ?" which i found interesting...

The HTW foundation isn't active any more.

That site looks more than fishy to me. I'd recommend everyone to stay away from it and don't submit any personal details, let alone donate money. It looks like it's part of some sect or something.

Last edited:

I agree with LesleyMJHu and last unicorn's posts. I don't think the site is connected with the original HTW Foundation. The site doesn't look well-done. Looks dodgy to me.

Hi guys,
maybe u don't know me because this is my first post on this forum, but I'm a fan from Italy.
Anyway, I've discovered the website few months ago, and I thoughts the same thing:"is Mike behind that?", so, I decided to write an email to the staff with this question, and Melissa(the President) answered me back.
She told me that yes, htw and the army, all of it is Mike's, but they are not ready for the public to know about it or the site,and there will be a press release when they are ready(for example: like u can see, the web site still needs a lot of work ).
So, it is HIS charity, but please don't spread the news (for now only MJ's fan can know about it), and I can tell you that Melissa will post here asap.

That's what she told me by emails.

It looks very unprofessional and dodgy to me. Maybe someone is using MJ's name again.
The president's photo looks like a cut out from other photo and the jesus-like MJ image is very badly photoshopped.

The HTW foundation isn't active any more.

That site looks more than fishy to me. I'd recommend everyone to stay away from it and don't submit any personal details, let alone donate money. It looks like it's part of some sect or something.
I agree. It looks rather amateuristic and fake to me. I hope I am wrong, though :)

The original "Heal The World Foundation" has been dissolved back in 2002 (and still is). This is a fact.

Melissa Johnson is a "strange" fan of MJ. She bought virtually all the domain names MJ ever owned, including the HTW ones. Furthermore she registered her HTW foundation this March for her own private address and name.

I admire Melissa's efforts, but just to make it clear: this is NOT the same HTW foundation MJ was ever involved with, but a fan project.

if there's a web designer who can help them with the site, he/she can send them and email.
(don't be angry with me, I'm only reporting )

Oh, I was excited when I saw this thread. I thought Mike was traveling the world again and giving to charity through the foundation

Hi all,

Warmly,
Melissa Johnson

Last edited:

Melissa, can you answer these questions please:

1. I just checked the original HTW's trademark papers with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, but your name can NOT be found anywhere. The original registration has been cancelled back in 1996.
You have registered a VERY different HTW trademark then the original one (not the globe held by a human hand, but simple standard characters).
If MJ would have been involved with your campaign, why wouldn't you or his people reopen the original trademark registration?

2. The same happened with the domain name and with the foundation papers. None of them has been reopened, but you registered new domains and foundations for your own name and address.

3. The trademark registrations clearly says that your HTW is a DBA (Doing Business As) name of you.

4. Why did you register all the domain names MJ ever owned if you are not a fan of him?

5. Any sign of MJ's involvement ever?

I still appreicate your efforts, but I'm kinda irritated to see that you misled other fans for whatever menthal reasons.

Hi guys,
maybe u don't know me because this is my first post on this forum, but I'm a fan from Italy.
Anyway, I've discovered the website few months ago, and I thoughts the same thing:"is Mike behind that?", so, I decided to write an email to the staff with this question, and Melissa(the President) answered me back.
She told me that yes, htw and the army, all of it is Mike's, but they are not ready for the public to know about it or the site,and there will be a press release when they are ready(for example: like u can see, the web site still needs a lot of work ).
So, it is HIS charity, but please don't spread the news (for now only MJ's fan can know about it), and I can tell you that Melissa will post here asap.

That's what she told me by emails.

interesting...

Why put up a site if the 'public' is not supposed to know about 'it'. That's ridiculous and doesn't sound plausible.

Furthermore:
the organization has stopped donating to charitable causes and has been suspended in California since 2002 for failing to file yearly accounting statements, records show.
source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4601265

And I would like to know the answers to the asked questions, too. This really all does sound fishy. And if it's not, it's only for the better that any misunderstandings are being cleared up.

I say let's wait and find out before we go speculating. We all know MJ's been doing a lot right under our noses for a very long time, and the news becomes official through Michael's own hand controlling certain things. If HTW is still going on and he plans to officially re-present it, he will when he is ready. If it's still going on but he does not have plans to make huge public statements about it, that's his business and we should respect that. If it's a farse then oh well, on to the next untruth that wasn't our business anyway. btw, please, let's be courteous and NOT attack Melissa. Talk to her or ignore her, but don't attack her.

There are lots of things that MJ is taking care of right now, getting wrapped up and set in motion. Sit back and watch the magic unfold.... ;)

I say let's wait and find out before we go speculating. We all know MJ's been doing a lot right under our noses for a very long time, and the news becomes official through Michael's own hand controlling certain things. If HTW is still going on and he plans to officially re-present it, he will when he is ready. If it's still going on but he does not have plans to make huge public statements about it, that's his business and we should respect that. If it's a farse then oh well, on to the next untruth that wasn't our business anyway. btw, please, let's be courteous and NOT attack Melissa. Talk to her or ignore her, but don't attack her.

There are lots of things that MJ is taking care of right now, getting wrapped up and set in motion. Sit back and watch the magic unfold.... ;)

:angel:Impressive...

sounds like another billie jean case to me lol

I agree, let us not conduct ourselves in childish scuffles.

Hi Leslie,
you all will know more when we can tell you more.

Last edited:

Hi Melissa,

first of all I wanted to separate myself from the other Leslie who posted the questions. My name is Leslie, too and several people here know that. So, two different people. :)

Also, I wanted to say that you have explained yourself and the state of the charity, etc. very well. I visited the website last night, and even though it isn't the "official" website, since that is according to you still being constructed, the content, the theories, the ideas, etc. in my opinion is superb. Change starts within ourselves, and once we are willing to first of all admit that, then second do something about it, then we are able to make a positive impact on our world. When people attack Michael, especially people he has trusted, that doesn't do any good for him nor for the world. It makes a huge and frankly sick ripple effect around the world, because Michael is a global figure with huge influence. When his character is attacked, and people believe those things, his ability to effect change is hindered, just as we have seen over the past few years. HTW is like his baby. I don't believe it is something he would ever let go of. That's why it was surprising to me a few months ago when I had read it was no more. And why it was pleasant to hear from you that it was still going, just quietly and getting issues resolved. :)

Keep up the good work, Melissa. Someday Heal The World will be able to make the impact that Michael had envisioned, and if it starts with the character of Michael's fans, we can be part of making a huge difference. Everything a person does has a ripple effect on the people in their lives. Michael tells us to look at the person in the mirror. Is the person I see someone I am pleased with? What kind of person am I? What kind of affect do I have on myself and the people around me? I mean truthfully? If I am disgusted, then I need to "make that change". If I am not pleased but already do some to help out, then I know I could always become better and do more. If I am pleased with what I see, I might want to take a second look, anyway, and do some self-evaluation to make sure I am the best person I can possibly be. I, personally, know that simply doing good acts won't get me to Heaven. It's a change that comes out of realization, and love. There is a certain Realization and Love out there, One of Light, full of Grace and Truth. When that is realized and accepted, change will come out of a love for that Light that shines in the darkness. And the Light that is accepted gets us to Heaven, and the change of character and good works follow as a result. But I do know that even when there are people who do not accept the Light and yet change their character (though it is undoubtedly more difficult to do), the world still can be a better place. That's the idea regarding Heal The World. We ALL must work together to make our earthly home a more pleasant place to live in while he are here. I'm not a believer in global warming, but I do know that God called humankind to take care of their home. That includes wildlife, as well as our brethren who share this earth with us. This place has gone to pot because we haven't obeyed that calling. Heal The World is Michael's exercise to get others to finally work on obeying that. It starts with US.

Ok done rambling. I just happen to firmly believe the ideals that Heal The World is about. Is there any here who would challenge those ideals? If so, first ask yourself why, then make yourself heard. I welcome your thoughts and if I am coming across contrary, myself, in any way, please let me know so I can be aware. And Melissa, welcome to the MJJC. :)

Back