Kanye West use's Michael's Lyrics for the Remix of his new Single Love Lockdown

seany

Proud Member
Okay, I am a MASSIVE Kanye West fan and have his new album 808’s & Heartbreak. Anyway, there is a remix version of his latest single (Love Lockdown), called Love Lockdown Electro remix . Halfway through the song it becomes blatant that it rips off Michael’s BAD track, well the end segment anyway. You know the part at the end of the video.... “I’m telling you, you’re doing wrong, gonna lock you up before I’m gone....” Well he sings that part in the remix...

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. I haven't heard this yet but I'll be sure to give it a listen at some point. I'm not a huge fan of Kanye West though. The guy is cocky, arrogant, and he's not as talented as he thinks he is.

i like that song, will check youtube for the remix. thanks for the heads up.

*waits for this thread to be moved* because it seems like everything in this forum ends up getting moved.

Okay, I am a MASSIVE Kanye West fan and have his new album 808’s & Heartbreak. Anyway, there is a remix version of his latest single (Love Lockdown), called Love Lockdown Electro remix . Halfway through the song it becomes blatant that it rips off Michael’s BAD track, well the end segment anyway. You know the part at the end of the video.... “I’m telling you, you’re doing wrong, gonna lock you up before I’m gone....” Well he sings that part in the remix...

Has anyone else heard this version? It is ace by the way. I guess I take back the part about ripping it off, but he has deffo sampled it that’s for sure. If anyone can upload it for all to hear please do as I’ve no idea how to do it...

Seány.

lol...i don't know how to upload it, either, but yes, i've heard it.

Speaking of, have ya heard Coldplay and Jay Z in "Lost":

Aha, I gotcha, uh...
With the same sword they knight you, they gon' good night you with
Shit, that's only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, see Malcolm
See Biggie, see Pac, see success and its outcome
See Jesus, see Judas
See Caesar, see Brutus, see success is like suicide
Suicide, it's a suicide
If you succeed, prepare to be crucified
Media meddles, niggaz sue you, you settle
Every step you take, they remind you you're ghetto
So it's tough being Bobby Brown
To be Bobby then, you have to be Bobby now
And the question is, "Is to have had and lost
Better than not having at all?"
Because I'm...

Oh and I, just waiting ‘til the shine wears off
Oh and I, just waiting ‘til the shine wears off
:D:punk:

There was a song recently by a rapper that used someone put your hand out's melody

T pain and ludacris
one more drink

yep..that song is big on the top nine at nine on kiis fm, the most popular station in los angeles. so, MJ is getting PAID! ahah!!

i think the kanye part is done in tribute, it's pretty blatant. and the t-pain-in-the-ass one is called sampling. sampling is used in 90% of hip hop and he does have to pay royalties for the sample.

i think the kanye part is done in tribute, it's pretty blatant. and the t-pain-in-the-ass one is called sampling. sampling is used in 90% of hip hop and he does have to pay royalties for the sample.

not just that, but tpain and kanye work on the atv roster, as well.

Wow, you know I never thought of that. That Ludacris song does kind of sample "Someone Put Your Hand Out". Did they credit MIchael for the sample? Just curious...

Back