Interesting facts ive discovered about Michael jackson...

**Tink**

Proud Member
I remember reading in a record book that Michael Jackson is the most photographed person in history followed by Princess Diana so she is indeed the most photographed women ever. Pretty amazing yeah?

Also Michael Jackson is a brand, just like Pepsi and Mc Donald’s. He is one of the top 3 recognizable brands in history yet he is a person, he is REAL, crazy isn't it? Michael Jackson is also the most famous person on earth, a survey in the late 90's revealed this as well as the Guinness world record presenter at the 2006 World Music Awards. I don't know where he stands as the most famous person in history but I imagine it's pretty high, probably in the top 3. There was a poll that made it on a UK T.V programme that the public voted Michael Jackson as the #1 most famous person in history.

It wouldn't surprise me as another interesting fact is that the Guinness world records also awarded Michael Jackson as the most successful entertainer in history. Michael Jackson as an entertainer has reached the most remote countries more so than the Beatles ever could.

Record sales is a tad confusing, it has been declared by several music channels that Michael Jackson is the biggest selling artist in history. We know as a fact he is the biggest selling solo artist ever. It is a fact that no one sells albums like Michael Jackson. The Beatles nor Elvis go on selling 30+ million, 100+ million per album but overall sales I'm not sure if the Beatles have sold more than Michael.

My question is; is there any other person who is a brand besides Michael Jackson?

Thats amazing!

But The Beatles sold approximativly 150 millions album more than Mike... but Mike is the best selling ARTIST of all-time. (Beatles best selling group)

Donald Trump

Elvis, of course...despite what anyone thinks of him, he is definitely a brand

The Hiltons, regardless of how ppl feel about Paris and Nicky. We've all been in their beds at one time or another...or will be one day in the future. ;)

I'm sure there's more but they're mainly old money and not as "current" (i.e. Rockefeller, etc.)

(Oprah, Martha Stewart are up there....and I'm not sure yet if this is a good thing or bad thing yet but I think Obama will become a brand next, barring a major scandal. America's first commercialized/superstar President...I have the ceramic plates and t-shirts to prove it's only a matter of time. :lol: I can't wait for his and Michelle's album to come out. :p )

Last edited:
pretty sure JFK and Reagan, and Clinton fall into that category already?

Oh yeah...the Kennedys are definitely a brand. How could I have forgotten them? I think I put them in the category of old money, that's why. Clinton...maybe. He was extremely popular and still is ( I love me some Billy LOL) but I don't remember t-shirts and hats with his face on it being sold practically everywhere. But I would definitely add him to the list. :yes:

Reagan, on the other hand....I dunno....I can't remember anyone I know or knew who owned anything Reagan. :worried: May his soul rest in peace.

Edit: Another one just came to me. DISNEY! :minnie:

I picked up a branding book the other day (I do graphic design at uni) and in the opening paragraph it mentioned that MJ was a brand as much as McD's and Coca Cola. MJ is the most famous person alive, for sure. Yet he is such a normal person, too. I love him :wub:

I picked up a branding book the other day (I do graphic design at uni) and in the opening paragraph it mentioned that MJ was a brand as much as McD's and Coca Cola. MJ is the most famous person alive, for sure. Yet he is such a normal person, too. I love him :wub:
^ Yes that is true! Ive read that! It's CocaCola, Mc Donalds, Michael Jackson are the top three! Disney and Nike are very well known too.

Aww I'm gonna study graphic design next year! Can I PM you some questions some time? :)

Lots of people are brands. Are they Michael Jackson-level brands? No...

But Beyonce and Jay-Z pulled in some ridiculous amount of money last year. Something like over $150 million combined. In one year. That's because they do albums, movies, TV shows, product endorsements, they have proteges, etc. It's ridiculous.

Many other artists are into similar ventures where they branch out and have tons of these connected to their name, all pulling in money for them.

Back