December 25, 2008 - merry christmas!!!!!!!

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Good Morning everyone - Merry Christmas :santa:

Lots more coverage on Michael not being ill - which is good

But this one caught my attention...

Michael Jackson death hoax upsets fans
michael_jackson.jpg

Michael Jackson
An Albuquerque radio station jokingly reported that the King of Pop, Michael Jackson died from an overdose. Now, some people are speaking out against the radio station, saying the hoax was in bad taste.
"Its not really funny to play around with things like that, someone's life or if they are deceased or not," said a Michael Jackson fan that heard the hoax on the radio.
A disc jockey at 97.7 The Wild, an R&B station, went on the air Tuesday saying Jackson had died.
The joke didn't sit well with some.
“I think it’s pretty cold if its not true if they are just spreading that as a rumor,” said a frequent listener of the station.
The Eyewitness News 4 newsroom even received calls from listeners to confirm the pop star’s death. The disc jockey with the station has reportedly been reprimanded for the stunt.
http://kob.com/article/stories/S719592.shtml?cat=519

What a butthole - ugh :mello:

Amy Winehouse tops ‘Celebrity Trainwrecks of 2008’ list

Washington Amy Winehouse has topped 'Hollyscoop.com’s' new list of ‘Celebrity Trainwrecks of 2008’.

Winehouse's long list of problems – drug use, run-ins with the law and a dramatic marriage – seemingly multiplied this year after she won five Grammys for her 2006 album ‘Back to Black.’
Concerns about her health grew as the 25-year-old Brit checked in and out of a London hospital, most recently for an allergic reaction to prescribed medication.
Second on the list is Lindsay Lohan. Her only career move in 2008 was a few episodes of "Ugly Betty" and the rest of her year consisted of making headlines for her relationship with DJ Samantha Ronson.
Tara Reid came third while Britney Spears landed the fourth spot.
King of Pop Michael Jackson did absolutely nothing in 2008 except for stepping out in pajamas and facemasks. He also faced lawsuits. Apparently, that was enough to earn him a spot in the Top 5.
The Top Ten Celebrity Trainwrecks of 2008 are:
1. Amy Winehouse
2. Lindsay Lohan
3. Tara Reid
4. Britney Spears
5. Michael Jackson
6. Gary Busey
7. Janet Jackson
8. Pamela Anderson
9. Heather Locklear
10. Lily Allen.
http://www.expressindia.com/latest-...--Celebrity-Trainwrecks-of-2008--list/402814/

Another butthead - you'd think they'd have something better to do for Christmas.

A swan song for hip-hop artist Cola Zone?

Emma Downs

The Journal Gazette

Cola Zone’s forthcoming album – the 13-track “Immortality Skeems” – is bound to be a local hip-hop classic, further proof of the rapper’s masterful flow and grasp of street aesthetics. But, unfortunately for hip-hop fans, it may also be his last.
“I’ve been doing this for nine years,” he says. “Something needs to happen soon. I want to be part of a movement.”
Cola Zone, also known as Antonio Johnson, is currently recording the final vocals for the album, a selection of fluid street poetry that acts as a base for the intricate loops, imaginative sampling and tough beats found both on his solo efforts and on his collaborations with Konkret Kanvas. But this time, he’s putting everything he has into it, he says.
“I have to go full-fledged with this album,” Johnson says. “I always write for myself. I’m not trying to get everyone to like me. You’d go insane trying to do that. You just have to do you. But I also want to expose people to the diversity of hip-hop. It’s more than what you hear on the radio. And this may be my last album, so I want it to be immortal. I might die, but the music won’t.”
Johnson describes his music as “cinematic hip-hop,” and he regularly drives the point home by peppering his tracks with music from B-horror movies. The effect is intense – nearly foreboding – and when it’s paired with his realist rhymes, the result is rich and thematically dark.
“I’m a very lyrical artist,” he says. “I want to paint a picture. And, just like when you’re watching a movie, you might not catch it all the first time you listen to it. You can find something different every time.”
Johnson further separates himself from current hip-hop trends by adding unusual touches such as live bass lines, obscure samples or discordant piano on his tracks. While everyone else is sampling Michael Jackson or The O’Jays, Johnson is pulling from his vinyl opera collection, he says.
“I want to stick out,” he says. “I want to go left. In five or 10 years, I want to listen to this album and not think it’s trendy. Trends don’t last. Trends die off. The people who have longevity in music are the ones who don’t sound like everyone else. They start the trend.”
edowns@jg.net
http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081225/ENT0201/812250350

Koons wins Versailles court case

Published: Thursday 25 December 2008 06:54 UTC
Last updated: Thursday 25 December 2008 13:53 UTC

US artist Jeff Koons has won a court case brought against a controversial exhibition of his work in the Palace of Versailles near Paris. The works on display include a giant dog with balloons and a porcelain figurine of Michael Jackson.

A direct descendent of King Louis the Fourteenth of France, Prince Charles-Emmanuel de Bourbon-Parme, took the artist to court, arguing that the exhibition at the former royal residence was an insult to his forefathers. But the judge threw the case out.

The Jeff Koons exhibition at Versailles has met with considerable criticism but has attracted so many visitors that it has been extended over the holiday period.
http://www.radionetherlands.nl/news/international/6109915/Koons-wins-Versailles-court-case

· FEB. 14- MAY 17 Warhol Live. 9:30 a.m.Ð5:15 p.m. Tue-Thu, Sat-Sun, 9:30 a.m.Ð8:45 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14-May 17 at the de Young Museum, Golden Gate Park, 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, San Francisco. This exhibition brings together a wide variety of works depicting pop music royalty, including Elvis Presley, the Velvet Underground, Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones, Liza Minnelli, Grace Jones, Deborah Harry of Blondie, and Michael Jackson. Major Warhol silkscreen paintings, films and sound recordings, album covers, illustrations, and photographs inspired by music and the performing arts will provide a visual and aural score to Warhol's extraordinary work and life. In addition, Warhol Live recreates some of the high points of the relationship between art and music, such as the world of Warhol's legendary Silver Factory, the multimedia performance spectacle Exploding Plastic Inevitable, the Silver Clouds and more. $16-$20. 415-750-3600, www.deyoungmuseum.org.
http://www.montereyherald.com/entertainment/ci_11308774

NYE Celebration of Power and Truth

featuring Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey, Callupsie and The Doldrums After a mid-summer parking lot run-in, it was decided: A months-old joke about putting together a New Year’s Eve show with the two critically lauded Tulsa music powerhouses (one jazz fusion, one indie rock), featuring cover tunes of Michael Jackson, Prince and Lionel Richie was on. Oh, it was so on.

Indeed, Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey joins Callupsie, along with up-and-coming experimental indie act The Doldrums, for what’s likely to be the coolest New Year’s Eve gala in all of northeastern Oklahoma.

Each band will perform a set of original music before all three join onstage for one enthusiastic set of countdown-worthy party classics. Songs for that supercharged last set include Prince’s “Raspberry Beret,” “Kiss” and “1999”; Lionel Richie’s “You Are” and “Dancing on the Ceiling”; and Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” and “Billie Jean.”

8 p.m. Dec. 31. Tickets $15 in advance, $20 day of show, available at Dwelling Spaces, Under the Mooch, The CoEee House on Cherry Street and Shades of Brown CoEee & Art. 18 to enter. Nonsmoking. Casual to formal. The Blank Slate, 222 E. First St. tulsaworld.com/FirstStreetMusicHall, tulsaworld.com/JFJO, tulsaworld.com/Callupsie, tulsaworld.com/DoldrumsMusic

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1981 - Michael Jackson called Paul McCartney and suggested that they write and record together. The call prompted McCartney to fly to Los Angeles and work on the song "The Girl Is Mine."

1993 - Michael Jackson's single "Gone Too Soon" hit #23 in the U.K.

some people are pure evil indeed. its like they're not humans in the first place. what can i possibly say to describe them ? there are no words to describe how devilish and sick they are. unbelievable. ...and on christmas day :no:

Speaking of someone who did pass away it was 2 years ago today that james brown passed away.

Last edited:
i thought about that this morning Victory. that is very cruel what that dj did. if i'd heard that i'dve panicked. that's not just in bad taste. it's truly cruel. people love this man. people that are listeners of that radio station and expect it to be a source of actual news. now people will want to vet anything really seriously that they put out that they call breaking news, cause now they're not a reliable source. that's bad for that station. i'm so glad the stations in my area have never pulled that stunt. :(

I wonder how he would feel if someone broadcast his wife or child or
mother or brother passed away as a joke >>. the media is getting way
out of control - it has to be more and more sensational and evil to get
attention - the more controversial the better, no matter who its hurts.
Celebrities are no longer recognized as humans _ anything goes
as long as they get the attention to attract the advertisers and make
a buck -- Anything, anything for the money -- :( heartless
bastards ..

Last edited:
i dont mean to be rude or anything but why does this have to be posted here ?

1)to make fans upset ?
2)to make that asshole famous by bringing more attention to his bs ?
3)to let us know that even though its christmas the evil still exists ?
4) all of the above ?

Becuase Roxy :) there was also a positive message to the story
people are getting fed up with the attacks and hate. They are taking action
against those who forget humanity ... The scare about Mj's health last
week I think got people to thinking _ that he is indeed a treasure and
human _ I think in the coming weeks MJ is going to get much more
respect and support from the general public people openly defending him
Not all we will still have TMZ and the satanic people who love to hate their
and on other such sites _ but I belivee MANY love MJ but have been afraid
to speak out for fear of ridicule - but now they are getting ANGRY _ and are
starting to openly stand up against it ...

Last edited:
i dont mean to be rude or anything but why does this have to be posted here ?

1)to make fans upset ?
2)to make that asshole famous by bringing more attention to his bs ?
3)to let us know that even though its christmas the evil still exists ?
4) all of the above ?

1. Fans will NOT be upset by the knowledge that this was a hoax, in case they happen to run into this stuff. What if a fan heard about this, but did not hear that it was a hoax?

2. The radio personality's NAME was not mentioned.

3. Evil DOES still exist, and we must work harder to counteract it with positivity.

4. All of the above are reasons why it's better to post it, than not.

peace,

Victoria

Gosh what a stupid dj! :scratch:What was he possibly thinking.. :no:

Speaking of someone who did pass away it was 2 years ago today that james brown passed away.
Two years... they've gone so fast.

Merry Christmas to everyone, try to do some good things :)

1. Fans will NOT be upset by the knowledge that this was a hoax, in case they happen to run into this stuff. What if a fan heard about this, but did not hear that it was a hoax?

2. The radio personality's NAME was not mentioned.

3. Evil DOES still exist, and we must work harder to counteract it with positivity.

4. All of the above are reasons why it's better to post it, than not.

peace,

Victoria

sorry, but these are really reasons ? the points u made are correct but that doesnt make them "reasons".
1)when i said that fans might get upset by this i mean upset because it is really sad to see that there are ppl in the world that can do such things. of course we all already know that but its best not to be reminded all the time especially on christmas day that should be all about happy and exciting things. theres no way that a fan can still hear about this as it happened two days ago and its already been said that it was a hoax by that very same radio station. also, fans should know better than getting all panicked when they hear or read such bs. such fake made up stories pop out every single day. i've heard that very same hoax millions of times over the years. i might hear it tomorrow as well. will i freeze and die or just ignore it ? second option sounds more fun.

Becuase Roxy :) there was also a positive message to the story
people are getting fed up with the attacks and hate. They are taking action
against those who forget humanity ... The scare about Mj's health last
week I think got people to thinking _ that he is indeed a treasure and
human _ I think in the coming weeks MJ is going to get much more
respect and support from the general public people openly defending him
Not all we will still have TMZ and the satanic people who love to hate their
and on other such sites _ but I belivee MANY love MJ but have been afraid
to speak out for fear of ridicule - but now they are getting ANGRY _ and are
starting to openly stand up against it ...

trust me nothing will ever change no matter how much action some might take. devilish and sick individuals will always be there to hate on michael same as we will always be there to love and support him. the best thing to do is to ignore them completely. michael has said so himself many times. in what state of mind do u think michael would be if he was getting fed up and angry and upset everytime he heard crappy lies about himself ? not in a very good one i suppose. as for those who as u said "love" michael but have been afraid to support and defend him openly for fear of ridicule should have gotten angry and stood up against it a looooong time ago. later is better than never of course and if they've become good ppl now good for them but they aint making any change. ignore thme of u'll waste a life fighting sth that will never change. its beyond the human powers.
as i said before this type of bs pop out every day. its nothing new. ppl did not start taking action yesterday they've been doing this for ages. nothing changed and nothing will ever do.
also that wasnt really a "scare" since the fans knew all along that it was completely false and similar bs like this have been reported a billion times before.

Last edited:
It might be productive to move on now from this particular convo. It is entirely possible for a fan, maybe a very young one, to have heard this on the radio and to have completely freaked out! So it's a good thing that the radio station addressed it and stopped it.

peace, and moving right along.

Vic

Last edited:
i thought about that this morning Victory. that is very cruel what that dj did. if i'd heard that i'dve panicked. that's not just in bad taste. it's truly cruel. people love this man. people that are listeners of that radio station and expect it to be a source of actual news. now people will want to vet anything really seriously that they put out that they call breaking news, cause now they're not a reliable source. that's bad for that station. i'm so glad the stations in my area have never pulled that stunt. :(

i don't know where you live, but maybe you don't listen to the radio enough.

it happens a lot.

Yes, that was an extremely cruel thing to do. It was as cruel to the fans as it was to Michael. You're right, it's far worse than simply bad taste. The reason it was posted here is because there was a retraction to the "announcement" by the radio station, in case some fans heard about this and panicked.

I guess at least one lesson in this is, don't believe anything you hear about Michael unless there is confirmation?

Please everyone, enjoy the day?

peace,

Vic

It might be productive to move on now from this particular convo. It is entirely possible for a fan, maybe a very young one, to have heard this on the radio and to have completely freaked out! So it's a good thing that the radio station addressed it and stopped it.

peace, and moving right along.

Vic

plz allow me to make my point more clear this last time and i'm out.

i appreciate a lot what u guys do for the fans on this great forum and all of ur wonderful efforts to bring the fans together and report all the real news for us. dont think for a sec that i dont. i know u guys mean well and have the best intentions but my point is that u cant always be there for the fans to protect them. they need to learn how to protect themselves. thats all. moving right along as u said but sometimes its good to listen to what other ppl have to say and give it a thought before moving right along :flowers:
maybe i did make a good point there and a consideration wouldnt hurt anybody.
anyway its u guys that run this forum at the end of the day not me so things like that are totally up to what u want.

merry xmas :heart:

plz allow me to make my point more clear this last time and i'm out.

i appreciate a lot what u guys do for the fans on this great forum and all of ur wonderful efforts to bring the fans together and report all the real news for us. dont think for a sec that i dont. i know u guys mean well and have the best intentions but my point is that u cant always be there for the fans to protect them. they need to learn how to protect themselves. thats all. moving right along as u said but sometimes its good to listen to what other ppl have to say and give it a thought before moving right along :flowers:
maybe i did make a good point there and a consideration wouldnt hurt anybody.
anyway its u guys that run this forum at the end of the day not me so things like that are totally up to what u want.

merry xmas :heart:

That is a very good point. That fans should learn to protect themselves from evil gossip and the slander that is so often directed at Michael. With that said, it's a good thing that the information was posted here, in case some fans were to hear the rumor, but not the retraction.

peace,

Vic

Yeah as if the press coverage of him allegedly dying wasn't slanderous enough, now a DJ goes and makes a distasteful but not like we needed his joke to know how people like that other than the media themselves are scum.

I remember this day 2 years ago. When I got out of my bed I turned the radio on and they reported about James Brown's death. Thinking of you, JB!

The disc jockey with the station has reportedly been reprimanded for the stunt.

The bastard should be fired. End of the damn story. That stunt the bastard did was totally uncalled for. What is wrong with people? Why even do something like that to anyone? What did MJ do to deserve the hatred that he gets? Because he did it better than anyone else that is why he should be "damned"? Those people who hate him will get what is coming to them. Now, I know today is Christmas (Merry Christmas to the people who celebrate the holiday. Not everyone celebrates the holiday) but it angers me that people lower themselves to play a hoax like that on the radio. Sick fools.

As for the list - where are the fools at Wall Street on the list? Or President Bush? Why is MJ and Janet on the list? What did they do to be on the list? Get this trash out of my face. I have no clue why it is even news. Today is Christmas and the last thing that I need to read is a list of nonsense. No one deserves to be in that list because they did not make sure people were lay off of their jobs. They did not take away people's life savings because they were greedy. They did not create rumors about someone's so called "illness". They did not make sure hard working people cannot have a Christmas because they have no money. The list was uncalled for. There are so many people that deserve to be on the list but as always, this hating ass media can't stop hating on the wrong people. Fools.

RIP to the MAN, James Brown. Two years ago today we lost an ultimate performer, entertainer and man. We miss that man like crazy.

The bastard should be fired. End of the damn story. That stunt the bastard did was totally uncalled for. What is wrong with people? Why even do something like that to anyone? What did MJ do to deserve the hatred that he gets? Because he did it better than anyone else that is why he should be "damned"? Those people who hate him will get what is coming to them. Now, I know today is Christmas (Merry Christmas to the people who celebrate the holiday. Not everyone celebrates the holiday) but it angers me that people lower themselves to play a hoax like that on the radio. Sick fools.

As for the list - where are the fools at Wall Street on the list? Or President Bush? Why is MJ and Janet on the list? What did they do to be on the list? Get this trash out of my face. I have no clue why it is even news. Today is Christmas and the last thing that I need to read is a list of nonsense. No one deserves to be in that list because they did not make sure people were lay off of their jobs. They did not take away people's life savings because they were greedy. They did not create rumors about someone's so called "illness". They did not make sure hard working people cannot have a Christmas because they have no money. The list was uncalled for. There are so many people that deserve to be on the list but as always, this hating ass media can't stop hating on the wrong people. Fools.

RIP to the MAN, James Brown. Two years ago today we lost an ultimate performer, entertainer and man. We miss that man like crazy.

exactly, i want his email address so bad lol

How sick is that DJ to find it funny to tell people that someone had died as a 'joke', reprimanding is not good enough, he should be sacked.

ok there something i dont understand with that article
How can listeners ring and "confirm" mike's death? How would they know?

i couldn't agree with you more Bee. :clapping: Thanks for the news Victoria. and RIP James Brown.

ok there something i dont understand with that article
How can listeners ring and "confirm" mike's death? How would they know?

i think that means they just call and ask the radio station if it was true or not.

oh ok
It was just from that article it sounded like they were saying listeners were "confiming" the so called death.

it just makes me laugh how low ppl can go....quite sad actually

Back