Statement on behalf of Jermaine Jackson regarding Brother Michael

mjdove

Proud Member
prw_logo.jpg

All Press Releases for December 26, 2008

Vicki Roberts Sets the Record Straight on Behalf of Jermaine Jackson Regarding Brother Michael Jackson

ermaine Jackson Advises Vicki Roberts that Alleged Comments Attributed to Him Concerning the Health of Michael Jackson are a Complete Fabrication.

Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 26, 2008 -- In response to various reports claiming comments by Jermaine Jackson concerning the health of his brother, music legend Michael Jackson, Jermaine's long time attorney, Vicki Roberts, issues the following statement:

"Contrary to various news and media reports, Jermaine Jackson has advised me that he has made absolutely no comments about the health of his brother, Michael Jackson, and that any comments or statements attributed to him regarding the health of Michael Jackson are a complete and total fabrication," Roberts reports. "Further, nothing is to be construed or concluded from Jermaine's lack of comment because such a conclusion might, in fact, be erroneous."

Vicki Roberts is a well-known attorney and producer who has represented celebrity clients including Gary Busey, Michael Madsen, David Carradine, Armand Assante, Sally Kirkland, and others. For quite a number of years she has been a legal commentator on television. Roberts was probably most recognized for her many recurring appearances on the nationally syndicated television legal show, Celebrity Justice. She has appeared on Access Hollywood, Extra, Issues With Jane Velez-Mitchell on CNN Headline News, and MSNBC's The Abrams Report.

Roberts has also guest starred on a variety of television shows, including appearances on truTV's Disorder in the Court series and on VH1's Celebrity Rehab (the latter as Gary Busey's attorney), and has appeared in and produced motion pictures. She is a leading attorney contributor to the 2007 book, Beyond a Reasonable Doubt Introduced by Larry King, and has been featured and quoted in newspapers and magazines worldwide. In November 2007 Vicki was named Celebrity Ambassador of the spca-LA for her tireless efforts on behalf of animals and animal causes.

Vicki Roberts, an attorney since 1983, recently received her talent agent license and along with her partner, Arthur Andelson, opened the boutique Kismet Talent Agency which caters to high-profile talent in the entertainment industry. For more information about Vicki Roberts, please visit her website, http://www.restmycase.com, and the Internet Movie Data Base (IMDb) at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2399449/. For more information about Kismet Talent Agency, please visit http://www.KismetTalentAgency.com.

###

Kismet Productions
Kismet Productions
310-475-8549
E-mail Information
Trackback URL: http://prweb.com/pingpr.php/SW5zZS1DcmFzLVN1bW0tSGFsZi1Ib3JyLVNpbmctWmVybw==

http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20081226/bs_prweb/prweb1793254_1

erm....cheers...jermaine
Ah he'll I'm just gonna say it, could the last line in the statement be anymore ambiguous or weird? Honestly. How about talking re: when you saw him or spoke last OR that the media need to do their job better OR that's it just b.s!

Cmon. Damn.

erm....cheers...jermaine
Ah he'll I'm just gonna say it, could the last line in the statement be anymore ambiguous or weird? Honestly. How about talking re: when you saw him or spoke last OR that the media need to do their job better OR that's it just b.s!

Cmon. Damn.

because such a conclusion might, in fact, be erroneous
do you mean this. Yes, first I was confused too. The formulation isn't clear enough. Because the wording "might be" could be misinterpreted as only a possibility. But I read it in sense of "as a result of". I'm wrong?

Why is 80% of the press release about Vicki Roberts herself?

But it's good that Jermaine sets the record straight.

It appears this attorney is doing this for Jermaine "Pro Bono" and using the opportunity to publicize herself in return.

Basically what I'm getting from this is that Jermaine didn't say anything, isn't going to say anything, and if his not saying anything is taken as a statement anyway, it will be wrong? Or it will be right? Or. . . . oh, forget it.

Good morning, everyone.

Vic

...maybe Jermaine should just shut the hell up in future? Some of the claims that Michael wasn't doing well came from Jermaine's direction and now he's claiming it's not true.......it's confusing to both fans and media.

tha hell u gon' yell at him if he didn't say anything?:mello:

That's rumors happens cuz Jermaine speak a lot of about Michael.Why the media dont say "Rebbie talks bla bla" or "Randy said bla bla bla"...?Cuz they're dont say nothing!But is not the same with Jermaine.He always spoke about Michael.

That's rumors happens cuz Jermaine speak a lot of about Michael.Why the media dont say "Rebbie talks bla bla" or "Randy said bla bla bla"...?Cuz they're dont say nothing!But is not the same with Jermaine.He always spoke about Michael.

true dat. :closedeyes:

maybe Jermaine should just shut the hell up in future?

Maybe Jermaine did not say anything. Maybe some fans need to relax. His name was bought up into something that was not true about Michael. So, he issued a statement and said what he had to say. I think he should have done it earlier, but what is done is done. He wanted to clear his name as well. Y'all know how Jermaine be. Anyway, it is good that he issued a statement and as usual, some fans will never respect Jermaine.

He waited to get MJ's statement and figured out he was looking dumb for what people were saying he said. Wether he said it or not.

What a weird press release - who's it about again?

This press release is dumb as hell. 90% of it is about Vicki Roberts and Jermaine Jackson knows good and well that he was speaking to different press from around the world about Michael's health. He got caught out there and now he's back tracking. Looks like he needs a new lawyer who's not looking for the spotlight and a new PR company because that company should have made the statement 100% about Jermaine's denial.

Maybe Jermaine did not say anything. Maybe some fans need to relax. His name was bought up into something that was not true about Michael. So, he issued a statement and said what he had to say. I think he should have done it earlier, but what is done is done. He wanted to clear his name as well. Y'all know how Jermaine be. Anyway, it is good that he issued a statement and as usual, some fans will never respect Jermaine.
I agree. If jermaine speak and some reporter want to take it out of context that is the media's fault NOT Jermaine's.

LOL...90% of that statement I skim read because it was about Vicki Roberts and all the trite shows she been on. Thank God they at least put Jermaine's statement at the top or that would quite easily be lost in all that useless info. Whoever, did this statement needs a career switch they SUCK at PR work!

way to take the attention away or dilute the important information.

anyhows, at leats Jermaine attempted to set the record straight.

As usual, some fans will kiss Jermaine's butt even when they know he's wrong. He released statements about Michael before, saying Michael was joining the Jacksons in a reunion tour and all that, which had to be denied by Michael's camp. So its not the first time he's telling tales.

This press release is dumb as hell. 90% of it is about Vicki Roberts and Jermaine Jackson knows good and well that he was speaking to different press from around the world about Michael's health. He got caught out there and now he's back tracking. Looks like he needs a new lawyer who's not looking for the spotlight and a new PR company because that company should have made the statement 100% about Jermaine's denial.

Thank you :) I agree.

well all y'all on his ass, the next time u see him, if u do, i hope u have the juevos to say in person what u say on ur keyboard! lol

and hm.....it could be worse, it could've been from oxman.

well all y'all on his ass, the next time u see him, if u do, i hope u have the juevos to say in person what u say on ur keyboard! lol.

LOL....some of us do :) And I never had anything against Jermaine until he started releasing statements and commenting on Michael's life more than his own ;)

hmmmm he lost me at word to da badd! Lol but anyway, blood runs thicker than water. he just needs a better pr person and shutty w/ his sources

:doh:perhaps this is an ounce of prevention. Jermaine is the family spokesperson. There may have been some media reports WE did not see that were attributed to him. WE, (Michael's fans) may not see everything or hear everything that is said about Michael. God knows we are always looking and listening and we like to share everything we find out but perhaps there may have been something WE missed. If Jermaine did say anything, it would have been on behalf of the Jackson family and we can't fault him for that. I think it is great that he is taking the initiative to stop anything before it starts. :yes:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

i'll come from the perspective that this is Michael's brother. and out of respect for Michael, i'm not gunna throw Jermaine under the bus.

i wouldn't want anyone talking about my sister that way, no matter what.

that would be for me to handle. and coming from that space...

this situation is for Michael to handle.

I don't buy it. One thing the media doesn't do is attribute statements to people unless they really said them.

Jermaine could sue everyone who printed or broadcast the statement for not only slander, but liability as well.

When the media makes up a story they always use "a source close to the pop star."

^^^^ Totally agree. Jermaine made some statements and he waited until MJ put his foot down to try and clean it up. I don't believe Jermaine and his celebrity attorney at all.

Yeah but even IF we give him benefit of the doubt its still a bizzare statement. And he prob was asked out of context about Michael

"Hey Jermaine, any comments about your bros health?"
"It's not a good time right now *walks up to counter to buy head grease*"

Poor guy lol. He should just shut up anyway.

Back