The Official U2 thread

I'm a big U2 fan, and I'm really excited about hearing their new album. I've already marked March 2nd on my calendar. From Bono and The Edge's descriptions, this is going to be one of their best albums.

Anyway, any other fans here? What are your thoughts on the new album? What are your favorite albums (mine are The Joshua Tree, Boy, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, The Unforgettable Fire, and All That You Can't Leave Behind.)

I'm really excited about the new album, it's been a while.

No Line should be out in Europe, where I live, on February 27. The new single will debut on Radio on Monday. Can't wait for the tour. I've seen them live various times and they're still one of the greatest live bands. What I like about U2 is that they keep evolving and keep being innovative. I also admire their longevity. They're still together in the original cast after all these years.

I'm really excited about the new album, it's been a while.

No Line should be out in Europe, where I live, on February 27. The new single will debut on Radio on Monday. Can't wait for the tour. I've seen them live various times and they're still one of the greatest live bands. What I like about U2 is that they keep evolving and keep being innovative. I also admire their longevity. They're still together in the original cast after all these years.

That's what I like about them, too. Each album has their original sound, but also sounds different from all their other albums. And all their albums are good (even the album they released as Passengers is excellent.)

Have you seen that U2 are going to have their new album available to preorder from Itunes on Tuesday?

I LOVE U2! havent seen them live but my friend did and said they were amazing, I've become such a huge fan over the last few months, even got a Gold Disc of the Joshua Tree Framed on my wall, 1 of 500, a truly treasured item! :D

I liked his alter ego from the ZooTV Tour Mr Macphisto lol

Have you seen that U2 are going to have their new album available to preorder from Itunes on Tuesday?

Yes, the album will come out on March 3. There are two bonus tracks for the album on iTunes. Tomorrow the new single will hit radio stations around the world. Cannot wait to hear their new sound.

I don't have any of their albums and I'm not a huuuge fan but I do like most of their songs. Maybe I could buy a greatest hits -album :D

I also saw them yesterday at the Obama's inauguration concert, it was cool.
Bono is a good man :)

Any news on the Tour? I don't wanna miss these guys this year.

no dates announced as of yet guys, I dont want to miss it either, but I think the dates will be announced pretty soon. :D

Get on your boots rocks big time!

Seems like, sound-wise, the new album may be a departure once again.

U2 will perform their new single on the Brit Awards in London on February 18.

There will be a tour in Summer, starting in Europe, but dates aren't confirmed yet.

U2 Live is always an amazing experience.

WOW I like the new sound of U2 always evolving! and with their tour it will be massive hearing these new tunes mixed with some the BEST U2 Songs ever! Be the night of my life!

Definitely getting tickets!

U2 album cover called "rip-off"

U2 have been accused of stealing the cover image for their new album No Line On The Horizon.
US musician Taylor Deupree has claimed that the background image on U2's new record, a photograph by Hiroshi Sugimoto, is the same as the one on his 2006 release Specification. Fifteen.
Writing on his site 12kblog, Deupree said: "U2's forthcoming album No Line On The Horizon is nearly an exact rip-off of mine and Richard Chartier's Specification. Fifteen, which came out a couple of years ago."
U2's sleeve artwork features two solid grey lines either side of the horizon, while Deupree's has just the sea and sky.
Deupree added that he is unlikely to take the argument to his lawyers because he does not think he can win.
"This minor ordeal has become more a question of a project that was small, intimate and experimental (and the chance of a lifetime for a small artist) versus the massive pop culture machine," he said.
"In the end, we all know who wins."

Source: DigitalSpy.co.uk

Seems like a PR stunt for this guy to me, I mean does he own the copyright to taking pictures of the horizon involving both the sea and sky now?

Apparently, U2 are friends with Japanese artist Hiroshi Sugimoto and he gave them the rights to use that picture. There is some nobody trying to stirr up things. Of course it's a little embarrassing if the picture had really been used before on an album cover, but the artist himself should make sure this isn't the case before he gives someone the rights to use it. I saw the album artwork, it's very simple and beautiful. There will also be a movie directed by Anton Corbijn featuring new music by U2, it will come with the album in a box set edition.

Just got back from a Jam-Packed 88,000-Record Wembley Crowd :)

Awesome Day. The Band ROCKED! :cool:

I LOVE u2 there one of my fave bands :) i didn't see them on the 360 tour but i did see them in Oxford Circus in London when they done that BBC Rooftop Concert very weird environment for a gig but it was still awesome right in the center of London :D

[youtube]4hrPKJlxi-Y[/youtube]
[youtube]PXBKaOkmQhw&fmt=18[/youtube]

I'm not really wild about their music, but my friend told me that I should see them live just once so I saw the last Saturday. Even if I wasn't crazy about their sound on their albums, they really are an amazing live band. Instantly I was dragged along to the band's energy and I was screaming and singing along with everyone else. The band played well, the atmosphere at the stadium was brilliant, and Bono was really funny with his comments in between songs. It was raining a bit, so the guys finished the concert with Singing in the rain, with 53 000 people singing along. :D

I wasnt a big fan until i saw them for the first time in 2015 and was instantly hooked. One of the best shows ive ever been to!

Achtung Baby and Zooropa and my jams. Much prefer the experimental stuff. Hope to nab a ticket for the croke park gig in dublin later in the year

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I never could get into their music, although I tried to "get the hype" at a time. I remember owning Zooropa on a cassette tape.
You should give Love Is Blindness a go on Spotify. Its a gorgeous song.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The Joshua Tree, Rattle & Hum and Achtung Baby for me.

Mary's version of One beats the original though

I'm on and off with them. Bono annoys me but they've got some albums that I love.

Running To Stand Still (Tribute To Chris Cornell - May 20, 2017)

I saw U2 live in 1997 (during their PopMart Tour) when they came to Greece for the very first time. It was too big an event in Greece to miss it.

They performed in Thessaloniki, which was at the time (1997) the Cultural Capital of Europe. That, of course, played a role in their decision to perform in that city. Also, the ticket price was very cheap because the largest part of it was actually subsidized by Europe.

Before coming to Greece there were some serious concerns regarding Bono’s voice. I mean, he was suffering a sore throat, which hampered his live, vocal abilities. For example, he had a really hard time singing during the previous concert that took place in Sarajevo (like the beginning of ‘Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me’).

U2, when they came to Greece, they stayed in Elounda (Crete) & in one of the most luxurious Greek hotels of that island. Bono was also treated there for his sore throat by Greek doctors.

Later during the concert (& while on stage) he even thanked these doctors!

Before leaving Greece (in 1997), Bono stated publicly at the airport that the Greek audience was the most amazing audience (from U2’s entire career up to that point). Not to sound arrogant, I think Bono was probably right about that.

But, despite being to that concert, I did not become a fan of the band. So, when they performed in Greece again in 2010, I did not attend that concert.

As for their music itself, I do like several songs from them. The thematically lugubrious but vocally amazing ‘Lemon’, the really great ‘Staring At The Sun’, the melodically nightmarish ‘Numb’, the lyrically chilling ‘Seconds’, the oriental-infused ‘Mysterious Ways’, the musically very powerful ‘Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me’, among others.

It is one of the bands that I personally respect a lot. I even admire them for voicing concerns (through their music) about the sad, permanent political situation of their country (this is particularly evidenced by their songs in their first albums). Needless to say, ‘Sunday Bloody Sunday’ is, in my opinion, an exceptional song that effectively reminds us of the atrocities of civil wars.

Anyone else going to see them? Have a ticket for Twickenham next Sunday and for Croke Park. They put on one of the best shows Ive ever seen in 2015. Cannot Wait.

Back