Milli Vanilli

CarverShaman

Proud Member
Milli Vanilli has some very good tracks such as "Blame It On The Rain", "Girl I'm Gonna Miss You", "Baby Don't Forget My Number" and of course my favorite "Girl You Know It's True". But i already know it wasn't the two guys Fab Morvan and Rob Pilatus singing on the record. They recorded a 1993 album which featured them singing in their real voices. Fab almost kinda sings like MJ on some tracks from the album.

A biopic about the group will be made. Distrubuted by Universal. Fab Morvan told in an interview that the movie will tell the whole truth. The rise and fall of Milli Vanilli, why Rob & Fab didn't sing on the first record and how it all began.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il5U6gm5bM4

So what do you think of this group?
Were you around in 1990 when the scandal broke?
And what's your favorite songs by Milli Vanilli?

Discuss anything about Milli Vanilli on this thread.

Last edited:
I heard about this movie a few years ago. I guess it's true about Hollywood being really slow, lol.

As far as the lip-syncing thing was concerned, I heard several things as to how that got started and how it finally came out. I've just been curious about what really happened.

Here's the video where the record skips in one of their concerts, if anyone haven't seen it yet:

Yeah, I remember them. They had a lot of hits in a row & when I hear them now, they still sound like good songs. It's unfortunate that they didn't sing them. I always thought the react of people who wanted a refund was an over reaction. Anyway, I'd like to see the film.

BTW, one of them committed suicide within 10 years after the shaming. I think they were blacklisted for years afterwards though they did apologise, & I think the people whose idea it was to lie in the first place were never punished. It was all a shame really.

Girl you know it's
Girl you know it's
Girl you know it's
Girl you know it's
Girl you know it's
Girl you know it's
Girl you know it's
Girl you know it's
Girl you know it's

LOL!!!!

Fabrice Morvan

Here's a Fabrice Morvan interview in 2007
[youtube]il5U6gm5bM4&fmt=18[/youtube]
Performing Girl You Know It's True in 2008.

[youtube]VxmBKSSZqbQ&fmt=18[/youtube]

You know I don't remember them that much, I only remember when In Living Color did a parody which I found funny.

RLMAO someone making fun of their tape jumping rlmao!!!!

These two Cornraggermuffins are the worst. Can't front on them but at the same time disappointed that they lip sing they did try to prove them selves with their secound album but it failed sadly the lightskin member killed him self very painful right there. But other then that they cornballs sorry y'all :popout:

These two Cornraggermuffins are the worst. Can't front on them but at the same time disappointed that they lip sing they did try to prove them selves with their secound album but it failed sadly the lightskin member killed him self very painful right there. But other then that they cornballs sorry y'all :popout:
This wasn't exactly Rob & Fab's fault, but the fault of their producer Frank Farian. He did this same thing with a disco group from the 70s called Boney M. If you watch the interview above, Fabrice tells what happened. There was a couple of other groups around the time of Milli Vannili that did the same thing. One was Black Box, who did dance music. The vocals were by Martha Wash, but the group hired a model to do the videos and the promotional appearances. Martha wasn't a member of Black Box, but a session singer. She sang backgrounds on Rebbie Jackson's "Centipede" and was a part of the group Weather Girls/Two Tons Of Fun. Martha was also a member of C+C Music Factory along with Freedom Williams, Zelma Davis, Robert Clivilles, & David Cole (who is deceased now). Another was Technotronic. They had two rappers (and a couple of musicians/producers), one was a girl Ya Kid K and the other was a guy MC Eric. The group was started by the two house music producers. Anyway in the 1st couple of videos, instead of using Ya Kid K (who was kinda boyish looking), the record company hired a model named Felly, who didn't speak much english to be the "singer" for the videos and TV appearances. Ya Kid K protested and she was was featured in the later videos.

Last edited:
I have to admit, I when I was younger, I thought their songs were great. So it wasn't them singing. They acted like they murdered someone or something. They made a mistake, and though for their trickery they were rightly chastised. I think it was taken too far. their songs were just good pop music. I love the 90's. That was good music.

Uhhhh...I just replayed "Don't forget my number" after not hearing it for many years. It's funny it sounded so ...different when I was younger.

Last edited:
This wasn't exactly Rob & Fab's fault, but the fault of their producer Frank Farian. He did this same thing with a disco group from the 70s called Boney M. If you watch the interview above, Fabrice tells what happened. There was a couple of other groups around the time of Milli Vannili that did the same thing. One was Black Box, who did dance music. The vocals were by Martha Wash, but the group hired a model to do the videos and the promotional appearances. Martha wasn't a member of Black Box, but a session singer. She sang backgrounds on Rebbie Jackson's "Centipede" and was a part of the group Weather Girls/Two Tons Of Fun. Martha was also a member of C+C Music Factory along with Freedom Williams, Zelma Davis, Robert Clivilles, & David Cole (who is deceased now). Another was Technotronic. They had two rappers (and a couple of musicians/producers), one was a girl Ya Kid K and the other was a guy MC Eric. The group was started by the two house music producers. Anyway in the 1st couple of videos, instead of using Ya Kid K (who was kinda boyish looking), the record company hired a model named Felly, who didn't speak much english to be the "singer" for the videos and TV appearances. Ya Kid K protested and she was was featured in the later videos.

I was actually watching some Black Box videos a couple of weeks ago. I know the group was trying to create an image of beauty and style, but when you know what's going on, it's looks just plain ridiculous. Martha's voice doesn't even match well with "Katrin" imo.

I loved Milli Vanilli when I was in my junior high years. I also loved "Everybody Everybody" from Black Box. I didn't much about BB.
But it was pretty messed up about MV.
Nevertheless, the music is still great and I have no problems listening to it today.

Does anyone remember Milli Vanilli?

They are a R&B duo that was huge in the 80s, they had hits like Girl You Know It's True, Girl I'm Gonna Miss You, and Blame it on the Rain. Come to find out, they never sang on the record! The media completely tore them apart and they were humiliated by the public. One of them ended up committing suicide. It's a messed up situation, but with today's standards it's really no big deal. Artists lip sync all the time and let's not forget about auto-tune.

Was anyone around when this happened and what was your reaction?

My take on this is that ...I think they had a rough ride with Fame, i think they were conned, cornered , they were kids .. I think they were used.. they were babies starting out-and i believe racism was involved. so its not a nice story and I can think alot but i will just leave this truth, Fabrice is a very decent bloke. Very humble, very positive , loves Michael. probably one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet.

I donā€™t know what happenedā€¦

its really really a sad story because Rob died,

From His Wiki - Pilatus was found dead from an alcohol and prescription drug overdose in a hotel room at Friedrichsdorf, near Frankfurt. His death was ruled accidental. The album has never been released

rumour is he jumped out a window because of public humiliation. see, so the whole thing is jacked up. i think Duran Duran says this the best.
So... id not rely on that biopic ...although i'm not sure who is directing it.!

.... Fabrice always celebrates Robert's anniversary of his passing. he always remembers his partner in the evil fucking industry. Seems to me, quite frankly The kids (rob was an orphan) were caught in a nasty contract and spat out. Ludicrous..

Edit- so when people joke about - it all gets my back up.

@filmandmusic EDIT -
Documentary is approved by Fabrice. so , you are all good to watch. But this is a brutal example or one, of how that fucking industry is.

Last edited:
I read the wikipedia page, I get an idea now of what happened. I had no idea the Boney guy M was also behind Milli Vanilli.

Back