Lady Diana's Funeral?

Dutchie

Guests
I was wondering about something. Back in 1997, when Lady Diana died, I remember Michael doing an interview about it, but did he actually attend the funeral? I am pretty sure he did, but I don't remember seeing footage or pictures of Michael being there.

Hope someone can help me out.

Im not sure he would have felt right doing it. Cos he may not have wanted the media focusing on him at a sad time, im sure he watched it tho, and also sent letters to the princes (i hope). Thing i noticed was that at something commemorating i think lady di's death, the princes said she liked to dance to MJ and they were so respectful when saying so, perhaps they have kept in contact, we shall never know unfortunately.

If I remember right he didn't attend the funeral instead he went to a memorial that was held in the US.

No he didn't attend, i know alot of mj fans went and watched. I was one of them a very sad day

If I remember right he didn't attend the funeral instead he went to a memorial that was held in the US.

Michael attends a memorial service for Princess Diana (September 13, 1997 at St. James Episcopal Church in Los angeles)

Here you have the pictures:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

You're probably thinking of the 20/20 interview with Barbara Walters, when he was talking about grieving for Diana. The interview is from 1997.

He didn't go to the funeral. But he cancelled some HIStory concerts I think - and when he started the tour again he dedicated the concerts to Princes Diana and held a minutes silence for her - I think!

Isn't that corrrect?

He didn't go to the funeral. But he cancelled some HIStory concerts I think - and when he started the tour again he dedicated the concerts to Princes Diana and held a minutes silence for her - I think!

Isn't that corrrect?

As far as I remember, he only reschedule the Ostende show for the next day or 2 days later. We were in Spain waiting for the Barcelona and Valladolid shows and fear a cancellation because of Diana's death but after Ostende everthing seems to be right. Unfortunately, the Barcelona show was cancelled because a fight of promoters just one day before the show. Damm!

By the way, when we where in Valladolid, waiting the loooooooooooooong line to get inside, we hear on the radio that Mother Teresa of Calcutta has died too. We fear again for the concert, but the show go ahead and started with a picture of Lady Di in the screens with the sound of Smile.

As far as I remember, he only reschedule the Ostende show for the next day or 2 days later. We were in Spain waiting for the Barcelona and Valladolid shows and fear a cancellation because of Diana's death but after Ostende everthing seems to be right. Unfortunately, the Barcelona show was cancelled because a fight of promoters just one day before the show. Damm!

By the way, when we where in Valladolid, waiting the loooooooooooooong line to get inside, we hear on the radio that Mother Teresa of Calcutta has died too. We fear again for the concert, but the show go ahead and started with a picture of Lady Di in the screens with the sound of Smile.

OK. Thanks for clearing that up.

Lucky the last show wasn't cancelled!

There's also a "tribute to Diana" cd with Gone Too Soon on it...I always think of her when I listen to it, really reminds me of her...
also in Privacy when he says "one of my friends had to die, to get that message across" and "my friend was chased and confused", he meant her right? She was the first thing that came to my head when I first listened to it...

I loved Princess Diana, she was sooo lovely...such a shame she died! =/

Thanks for your replies, everyone, and Xstarlight thank you for the pictures!!!! I remember seeing footage of that on tv but I wasnt sure if that was the funeral or something else but now I know it was the memorial service!!!

Back