Letoya Luckett

jaXXXon

Proud Member
Im loving all her leaked tracks. Lazy is my JAM! I love her new single NOT ANYMORE - aannnnddd she has a track (you can find it on youtube) called She Aint Got $#it On Me" - that I have played on repeat for Daaaayyyzzz....get into it.

I haven't heard the new songs. Her voice is pretty good, but she's needs to dump the "I'm ghetto and hard" songs. I mostly liked the 'straight' songs from her 1st album, not the 'hood' ones. Supposedly LaTavia Roberson is supposed to be recording an album. Out of all of DC, Michelle Williams has the most interesting voice. Kelly sounds like a Beyonce' clone, a lot of the time I didn't realize she was singing lead unless I saw the video, lol. Tamar Davis (who was in the group when they were called Girlz Town or whatever) is ok. She sang on Prince's "Musicology" album.

Her voice is cute - nothing ridiculously amazing - but I love her material and delivery. Im a fan of very big voices but I also appreciate the smaller voices too, such as LeToya. Some of the more hood songs on the first album are definately just that, more hood - but that's her thing so Im not going to tell her to stop just to fit into more of a pop catagory - but like you, I did gravitate to more of the less hard-core type songs - like her first single. But she's reppin H-town so if thats her angle I dont see anything wrong with her being her. It's interesting to me to hear her singing at all, given that Beyonce said in VIBE that LeToya was tone deaf. In any event I'm anxious to hear her new album in its entirety.

LaTavia has been working on her album Forver and a DAY. Im guessing maybe her voice isnt all that spectacular. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Kelly does sound a hell of a lot like Beyonce, although I can differentiate between the two. I liked her first album better than her second.

Tamar Davis sounds familiar - I have the Musicolody CD - Ill have to check her out. If she's anything like Prince's usual - she has an "exotic look" but average voice - unless she's more of the Rosie Gains type, i.e. less to look at, more to hear. The Tamar I love is Tamar Braxton - she can sing.

Michelle Williams does have an interesting voice. It's nice. Theres another singer that somewhat sounds like Michelle - her name escapes me right now - but anyway, Michelles voice is Okay - I prefer the pre-recorded representation of her voice over the live vocal.

LaTavia has a sort of deep low voice like T-Boz, Toni Braxton, Anita Pointer, or Lalah Hathaway. Lastly there's Farrah Franklin, she sounds more like LaToya Jackson or Stacy Q, lol.

LaTavia has a sort of deep low voice like T-Boz, Toni Braxton, Anita Pointer, or Lalah Hathaway. Lastly there's Farrah Franklin, she sounds more like LaToya Jackson or Stacy Q, lol.

LOL! You did not just put TBoz in the same category as Toni, Anita and Lalah (outrun the sky is my SH!T!) T-Boz WISHES! I would say she's definately raspy, but not in the same league as the others mentioned.

Farrah - SIT DOWN! You shall not pass go! LOL

oh no you di int just brang out the Stacey Q throw back, Lawd ... Hopefully I am thinking of the same stacey Q :lol: I lurved me some stacey !!

wait, you was dawging Stacey wasn't you ?? TAKE IT BACK, NOW !! :rofl: she was mah gyrl !!

T-Boz has a low voice, I didn't say she sings as well as the others. If you listen to Pointer Sisters songs that Anita sings lead on, a lot of times she sounds exactly like a guy.

Tamar Davis sounds familiar - I have the Musicolody CD - Ill have to check her out. If she's anything like Prince's usual - she has an "exotic look" but average voice - unless she's more of the Rosie Gains type, i.e. less to look at, more to hear. The Tamar I love is Tamar Braxton - she can sing.
Tamar D is no Apollonia/Vanity/Mayte/Taja Seville/etc, but she's not exactly Rosie Gaines, Jill Jones, or Bonnie Boyer either. She just has a nice pop R&B voice. Prince did Tamar's album, but it was never released.

Last edited:
LOL @ ChiChi. I never listened to Stacey Q....not on purpose at least...what was her biggest hit?

I saw Prince's new album in Target yesterday - that man loves him some high-yella...I'll say that much - whats up with the new femael singer he's got featured on there? She any good? You seem to be a Prince buff so I thought I'd ask. Im sure I've heard of Tamar Davis - Im gunna youtube her. Taja Seville - wow thats an obscure one! I beleive she was doing radio for a little while. I was rooting for her but it never picked up for her.

Tonight, youre a star......and im the big dipper - Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah -- ughh!

Open Book is one of my favorite unreleased Prince tracks.

LOL @ ChiChi. I never listened to Stacey Q....not on purpose at least...what was her biggest hit?

I saw Prince's new album in Target yesterday - that man loves him some high-yella...I'll say that much - whats up with the new femael singer he's got featured on there? She any good? You seem to be a Prince buff so I thought I'd ask. Im sure I've heard of Tamar Davis - Im gunna youtube her. Taja Seville - wow thats an obscure one! I beleive she was doing radio for a little while. I was rooting for her but it never picked up for her.

Tonight, youre a star......and im the big dipper - Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah -- ughh!

Open Book is one of my favorite unreleased Prince tracks.
Ms. Q had a hit called "2 Of Hearts" around 1986, she was also a circus acrobat or something. The singer on Prince's new album is named Bria. I didn't really listen to her CD, she sounds like the usual Prince protege. I wonder why he went back to the Vanity 6 style "singer", a lot of the female singers on his more recent albums have stronger voices like Shelby J.

I still haven't heard any track from her, but her background dancers and background singers "the twinz" are very sweet and nice, they are also michael fans and danced in the tii auditions.

but anywaaaay... is there any song you can recommend?

I still haven't heard any track from her, but her background dancers and background singers "the twinz" are very sweet and nice, they are also michael fans and danced in the tii auditions.

but anywaaaay... is there any song you can recommend?
I know Prince has dancers called "the Twinz", who are sisters, but I don't know what they have to do with LeToya.

I loved her previous single with Ludacris "Regret" nice slow smooth jam, also 'she aint got it' was alright, she's currently working on her third studio album now with Darkchild

This is a radio interview done after the recent BET awards.
[youtube]oOwSCCMMT30[/youtube]

She has a nice voice. Nothing to spectacular. I havent listened to a whole lot of her though.

Dionne Warwick movie

It seems there's going to be a biopic about Dionne Warwick and LeToya is playing her

Back