ANNOUNCEMENT: Rescheduling of The 'This Is It' Opening shows

MJJC Moderator

Guests
This thread is for information purposes only. No comments will be allowed!

On Wednesday, 20 May 2009, Ticketmaster UK announced that the Michael Jackson 'This Is It' opening night (and a few following dates) will be rescheduled.

Here is what MJJC knows right now:

Dear Customer

This afternoon Michael Jackson show producers will be announcing the rescheduling and change of the opening shows in order to meet the challenges presented by such a large and technically complex concert.

Please allow us to apologise. It was not an easy decision to change the schedule but in the end we wanted to ensure that all of Michael's fans attending the concerts get the same quality in staging and level of entertainment. It is AEG Live's sincere hope that those lucky enough to have purchased tickets will have enough time to change their personal schedules and travel plans if they are coming from outside of London. We do not want anyone to miss this once-in-a-lifetime experience.

We are writing to let you know that the 8th July concert that you purchased tickets for at the O2 arena is now scheduled for 13th July. The tickets you receive will be printed with the rescheduled date and you will have the same seat you originally purchased. You do not have to do anything as you will be automatically allocated the same seats and moved to the revised date.

We understand the inconvenience this may have caused and for this reason we have secured some excellent hotel deals for Michael Jackson fans traveling to London on these rescheduled dates. Please contact our official travel package provider Thomsonexperience at customerservice@thomsonexperience.com or call on +44 (0)20 74621563 for discounted deals on hotel beds in London. We can offer a 10% discount on all hotel bookings. Quote 'Michael Jackson rescheduled dates' in order to claim the offer.

If you cannot attend the revised date please contact us no later than the 19th June 2009 to obtain a full refund at Michaeljackson@Ticketmaster.co.uk or via the Michael Jackson Customer Support line on 0844 277 9982.

Please note due to the timeline involved in rescheduling this show your tickets will now be dispatched after the 19th of June.

Thanks for your understanding. Michael, who is directly involved with all aspects of the styling/choreography/band selection and rehearsals, is working around the clock to ensure this is the show to end all shows! We look forward to seeing you on 13 July.

Regards
Ticketmaster - sent on behalf of AEG Live
-----------------------

Breaking News - Reschedule of MJ Concert Dates Announced
Rescheduling Information

Due to the sheer magnitude of the “This Is It” concerts at the O2 Arena promoters and producers AEG Live and Kenny Ortega, Michael’s directorial partner and creative collaborator have elected to move back a few of the opening shows in order to meet the challenges presented by such a massive and technically complex show.
Organisers are determined that all Michael’s legions of fans attending the opening nights get the same quality of staging and level of entertainment. Only the four shows listed here are affected:

· 8th July will take place on 13th July 2009
· 10th July will be moved to 1st March 2010
· 12th July will be moved to 3rd March 2010
· 14th July will be moved to 6th March 2010

“Kenny and Michael are, at the same time, both creative pioneers and perfectionists. This show has grown in size and scope, thereby, necessitating more lead time for manufacture of the set, programming the content for the massive video elements, and, most importantly, more time for full production and dress rehearsals in the world’s busiest arena, the O2. As much as we agonized over this change in the original schedule, we are sure the fans will understand when they experience the level of entertainment Michael Jackson intends to deliver while also ensuring the safety of the musicians, cast and crew and the crisp execution of the production. It is AEG Live’s sincere hope that those lucky enough to have purchased tickets will have enough time to change their personal schedules and travel plans if they are coming from outside of London. We do not want anyone to miss this once-in-a-lifetime experience.”
-----------------

From Ticketmaster Help pages...

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I have a refund or exchange my tickets?
A: Yes, anybody who cannot make the rescheduled dates for any reason will get a full refund of the ticket and booking fee. Customers who booked with Ticketmaster will be contacted directly and offered an exchange to the new shows or a refund

Q: I will attend the new rescheduled event date. Is my seat location still valid?
A: You will have the same seat originally purchased.

Q: How can I speak to someone at Ticketmaster regarding my order?
A: Please call Ticketmaster’s Customer Support Team on 0844 277 9982. The lines are open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 8.00pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10.00am to 4.00pm. International Customers please call +44 (0)161 385 2111.

Q: My event date is affected. Will my ticket have the newly rescheduled date on it?
A: Fans that are able to attend the rescheduled dates will be issued tickets with the new date printed on it.

Q: Can tickets be sent to a different address?
A: Unfortunately, for security reasons Ticketmaster will only dispatch tickets to the billing address of the card used to pay for the tickets. This procedure is in place as credit/debit card fraud is on the increase with telephone and internet bookings and is there to protect the card holder. All policies relating to the collection of tickets is agreed between Ticketmaster and the venue/promoter to reduce incidence of credit/debit card fraud.

Q: How can I check the confirmation of my Ticketmaster booking?
A: You can check the details of your booking by:
1. Viewing “My Account” on line* at Ticketmaster
2. By calling the Ticketmaster 24hr order confirmation telephone line on 0870 242 4442
(*Please note this facility is only available for online bookings).
You will need your booking reference number or the credit card number used at the time of purchase.

Q: Can I go to any of the other dates earlier than March 2010?

A: At this time all dates are sold out other than for a few remaining Hospitality packages.

Q: Why has the first night been rescheduled 5 days later and we have to wait until March 2010?

A: This is due to technical reasons and to ensure that all fans get to experience the same level of quality and entertainment.

Q: Will any other shows be affected?
A: We are confident that these will be the only changes to the shows.

Q: My travel plans have been disrupted. Will I be compensated for loss transportation bookings and hotel?
A: Unfortunately Ticketmaster is not responsible for accommodation and transportation reimbursement.

Q: When will I receive my tickets?
A: Tickets may not be dispatched until closer to the event. Ticketmaster aims to dispatch tickets as soon as possible. We are not able to be specific with exact dates of dispatch. Please allow as much time as possible for your tickets to arrive.
If your tickets have not arrived five days before the show or, if you are travelling, five days before you leave, please contact Ticketmaster directly using the "Ask a Question" facility at Ticketmaster. Please include your reference number and the name and postcode the booking is under. Ticketmaster only posts tickets to the billing address of a credit card. If the address in your booking does not correspond to that held by your credit card company, we may cancel your tickets.

Michael, who is directly involved with all aspects of the styling/choreography/band selection and rehearsals, is working around the clock to ensure this is the show to end all shows!
Kenny Ortega, Michael’s directorial partner and creative collaborator said, “After directing the Dangerous and HIStory tours, I know what the fans expect and myself and the team want to deliver a flawless production. We apologise to all disappointed Michael Jackson fans and remain extremely dedicated and focused on creating an exceptional live music experience.”

FULL LIST OF DATES:
· 13TH JULY 2009*
· 16TH JULY 2009
· 18TH JULY 2009
· 22ND JULY 2009
· 24TH JULY 2009
· 26TH JULY 2009
· 28TH JULY 2009
· 30TH JULY 2009
· 1ST AUGUST 2009
· 3RD AUGUST 2009
· 10TH AUGUST 2009
· 12TH AUGUST 2009
· 17TH AUGUST 2009
· 19TH AUGUST 2009
· 24TH AUGUST 2009
· 26TH AUGUST 2009
· 28TH AUGUST 2009
· 30TH AUGUST 2009
· 1ST SEPTEMBER 2009
· 3RD SEPTEMBER 2009
· 6TH SEPTEMBER 2009
· 8TH SEPTEMBER 2009
· 10TH SEPTEMBER 2009
· 21ST SEPTEMBER 2009
· 23RD SEPTEMBER 2009
· 27TH SEPTEMBER 2009
· 29TH SEPTEMBER 2009
· 7TH JANUARY 2010
· 9TH JANUARY 2010
· 12TH JANUARY 2010
· 14TH JANUARY 2010
· 16TH JANUARY 2010
· 18TH JANUARY 2010
· 23RD JANUARY 2010
· 25TH JANUARY 2010
· 27TH JANUARY 2010
· 29TH JANUARY 2010
· 1ST FEBRUARY 2010
· 3RD FEBRUARY 2010
· 8TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 10TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 12TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 16TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 18TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 20TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 22ND FEBRUARY 2010
· 24TH FEBRUARY 2010
· 1ST MARCH 2010*
· 3RD MARCH 2010*
· 6TH MARCH 2010*

Jackson delays opening tour dates
Pop star Michael Jackson has delayed the opening four nights of his This Is It UK tour at London's O2 arena.

Concert promoters AEG Live said the delay was necessary because the singer needed more time for dress rehearsals.

The first show, on 8 July, has been pushed back by five nights. Three other July dates will not take place until March 2010.

Fans, who were told of the rescheduled dates in an email, have reacted with a mixture of anger and support.

"What difference is a week going to make in the grand scheme of things?" wrote Pam A on a Michael Jackson messageboard.

"I had plane tickets booked from Canada," wrote a fan calling themselves janmic.

"I'm supposed to be returning home on July 9th. I am really not impressed."

The affected dates are as follows:

8 July - moved to 13 July, 2009
10 July - moved to 1 March, 2010
12 July - moved to 3 March, 2010
14 July - moved to 6 March, 2010

President of AEG Live, Randy Phillips, said the delay had been prompted by Jackson and his creative director, Kenny Ortega.

"Kenny and Michael are, at the same time, both creative pioneers and perfectionists," said Phillips in a statement.

Apology

"This show has grown in size and scope, thereby necessitating more lead time for manufacture of the set, programming the content for the massive video elements, and, most importantly, more time for full production and dress rehearsals.

“ We do not want anyone to miss this once-in-a-lifetime experience ”
AEG Live
"As much as we agonised over this change in the original schedule, we are sure the fans will understand when they experience the level of entertainment Michael Jackson intends to deliver."

Ortega, who worked on two of Jackson's previous tours and directed all three High School Musical films, apologised to fans.

"I know what the fans expect and myself and the team want to deliver a flawless production.

"We apologise to all disappointed Michael Jackson fans and remain extremely dedicated and focused on creating an exceptional live music experience."

In an email to fans, Ticketmaster and AEG Live said: "We wanted to ensure that all of Michael's fans attending the concerts get the same quality in staging and level of entertainment."

"It is AEG Live's sincere hope that those lucky enough to have purchased tickets will have enough time to change their personal schedules and travel plans if they are coming from outside of London.

Full refunds are also being offered to those who cannot make the re-arranged concerts.

In March, tickets for Jackson's 50-date residency at the O2 completely sold out.

Hundreds of fans queued at the venue as tickets went on sale to the public and over a quarter of a million people queued online.

Around 750,000 fans have bought tickets to see the veteran pop star.

A selection of your comments may be published, displaying your name and location unless you state otherwise in the box below.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/entertainment/8060282.stm

Capital 95.8FM is saying there is a MJ press conference taking place now & they will give us information after 8:00pm. That's in 30 minutes. Those of you outside the UK can listen online but you will need to put in a London zip code.

www.capitalradio.co.uk

Update:

Michael Jackson Announcement Message VIA Ticketmaster:

Dear Customer

Michael Jackson's producers recently announced the rescheduling and change of the opening shows in order to meet the challenges presented by such a large and technically complex concert.As you may be aware, the first four dates of the tour originally scheduled for 8th, 10th, 12th and 14th July 2009 have been rescheduled to meet these requirements.

We would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that the date you have purchased tickets for is unaffected by these changes and will go ahead as scheduled. Michael, who is directly involved with all aspects of the styling/choreography/band selection and rehearsals, is working around the clock to ensure this is the show to end all shows!

If you require any further assistance, please contact us by emailing MichaelJackson@ticketmaster.co.uk

We're looking forward to seeing you on the night on the show!

Please note, your tickets will be dispatched closer to the event date, please allow up to 5 days before the show for your tickets to arrive, or if you are traveling 5 days before you leave.

Regards

Ticketmaster - sent on behalf of AEG Live

Back