Kanye West Appreciation Thread

Mjkop4ever

Proud Member
Okay, I open a thread for this man 'cause I really like his music!
Hope you like him too!

Here are some of my favorite songs!

Enjoy! :)

As far as Kanye's music goes, I agree he is one of the best around right now. I'm not big into rap these days, but he is one of the few I listen to. Talented guy.

Is there already a thread about PAPOOSE PAP-POOSE !

Definitely only like 808 and Heartbreak so far. Nothing else ever appealed to me about him except maybe for a few singles like Good Life and Jesus Walks.

College Droput is a classic album. Late Registration just falls short I think but DAMN! Those first two albums are GOOD.
Also, hes one of the best producers out right now. Hes up there with Premo.

He's one of the only rappers i listen to nowadays. Love his albums, even 808 and Heartbreak (i think it deserves a bit more credit). and I like his production skills too, even with the females, one being I Want You from Janet's album, Damita Jo.

Yeah, I definitely rate Kanye as a rapper and producer. I was shocked by how lazily put together and unimaginative the BJ remix was on T25, because I was sure it would be great. It's a pity he didn't get around to releasing something else with Mike.

I never thought i'd see the day where Kayne West and Appreciation are in the same sentence lol

I can't separate the egotistical man from his music so you won't get any appreciation from me. He's so undeservedly vain. I don't think his music is innovative or any better than any other hip-hop/rapper out there. Same ol' same ol'.

I can't separate the egotistical man from his music so you won't get any appreciation from me. He's so undeservedly vain.

Agreed.
He slips in Michael's name into a few his songs and suddenly thinks that he's at the King of Pop's standards. HELL to the NO.

Im bumping this and I hope I get a few people posting in this thread with there thoughts. Guna post a few videos. Because at the moment I think Kanye is gettin alot of heat that is undeserved. His music gets hated on because of somethings that hes done. Hes an artist that doesnt go on and have feuds with other rappers personally to gain an advantage for himself. I think hes real under rated at the moment and I feel today in music as a whole we need him. Hes been quiet as of late taking some time out. Its real great being at one of his concerts if anyones ever been? I really appreciate him being in todays music.

Heres some videos anyways...

Diamonds From Sierra Leone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dckKYf5oUQk

Heartless & Pinnochio Story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYBC9G5_YSY

Amazing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP_ciAN5rnc&feature=related

would of embedded em but dunno how lol

I love Kanyes stuff hes so different, hes getting way too much stick atm but I'm not bothered about the whole taylor swift thing.. I went to see him twice in concert and it was amazing and so are his albums but not really lovin 808s as much as the rest, he needs to bring out a new one though...sooon!

Last edited:
Kanye's cool! I like him...

At first, I thought he was being mean but now I realize he was only telling the truth.

His music is probably the most innovative in hip hop right now. I respect that!

Keep on doing your thing, Kanye! Let the haters hate...and watch your money pile up! :p

Im bumping this and I hope I get a few people posting in this thread with there thoughts. Guna post a few videos. Because at the moment I think Kanye is gettin alot of heat that is undeserved. His music gets hated on because of somethings that hes done. Hes an artist that doesnt go on and have feuds with other rappers personally to gain an advantage for himself. I think hes real under rated at the moment and I feel today in music as a whole we need him. Hes been quiet as of late taking some time out. Its real great being at one of his concerts if anyones ever been? I really appreciate him being in todays music.

Heres some videos anyways...

Diamonds From Sierra Leone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dckKYf5oUQk

Heartless & Pinnochio Story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYBC9G5_YSY

Amazing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP_ciAN5rnc&feature=related

would of embedded em but dunno how lol

Not a big fan of 'hip-hop' so by extension not a big fan of him. His antics are amusing though, and he's a spiffy dresser.

I saw him open for the Rolling Stones at Giants Stadium in 2005 or so. He actually seemed humble, and made a speech about how it was an honor to open for the stones, and that he realized most of the audience wasn't into his type of music, but he loved the challenge of playing to a new audience. He also talked about his rise from Chicago, to Newark, to opening for "the biggest band in the world." I respected what he was saying and liked his energy, but just not my type of music so I couldn't get into it.

"Pinocchio Story" is an incredible song - and IMO beyond most of his stuff.
"Welcome To Heartbreak" is another one of those.

I enjoy Kanye when he puts his ego aside and speak from a victim's point of view - it's easier to connect with his lyrics when they're more humble.

808's & HeartBreak was definitely not overrated.

"There is no Gucci I can buy
There is no Louis Vuitton to put on
There is no YSL that they could sell
To get my heart out of this hell
And my mind out of this jail"

"It's funny, Pinocchio lied and that's what kept him from it,
I tell the truth and I keep running.
It's like I'm looking for something out there, trying to find something.
I turn on the TV and see me, and see nothing..."

Last edited:
I love me some Kanye West. His lyrics are great. You can tell that he strives to do a great album by the quality of his songs.

Wuhayyyy
Someone on here who probably doesnt believe he said he was the new King Of Pop.

He didn't say that. He made a comment already saying he didn't. You may mean it sarcastically. I am sorry. Sometimes I am a little slow.

Yeah I meant to be sarcastic lol

Glad to see the positive comments on here. Didnt expect em though because of the rumour that the media created about Ye sayin he was the new King Of Pop. Its easy to believe that because of the picture the media has painted of him. Shame really. Definitely recommend watchin the "Amazing" performance I posted earlier as he goes on about being labeled by the media after making such positive music.

Even though I dislike Kanye's personality, I think he is the most talented artist out today. All 4 of his albums are MASTERPIECES, especially his first 3!! He is like the best producer and the best rapper out right now. I love his artistry and I think he's a genius!!

He can't be all that bad...

Rapper Kanye West got into the Christmas spirit by making a surprise appearance at the Los Angeles Mission Saturday (Dec. 26). The Grammy winner, alongside longtime girlfriend Amber Rose, joined other volunteers and served lunch to the homeless, who greeted the Chicago native and took pictures. "It's just important [to give back] when you're very blessed," West told TheBoomBox.

West showed up ready to work. He went straight for the kitchen, put on a apron and got on serving duty. "[It's nice] to spread your blessings and take time out, especially during the holidays to appreciate people who never get that appreciation. It makes me feel really good to come out here, [with] my family, and I just thank ya'll [the Los Angeles Mission] for allowing us to be apart of this."

The Los Angeles Mission is a nonprofit organization that has been serving the homeless for more than 70 years. Located in L.A.'s downtown Skid Row district, the organization offers employment, transitional services and rehabilitation to those struggling with substance abuse.

Yeah I meant to be sarcastic lol

Glad to see the positive comments on here. Didnt expect em though because of the rumour that the media created about Ye sayin he was the new King Of Pop. Its easy to believe that because of the picture the media has painted of him. Shame really. Definitely recommend watchin the "Amazing" performance I posted earlier as he goes on about being labeled by the media after making such positive music.

I think even Kanye sees something wrong with that. He himself said in the reply to that story that he needed to reexamine himself. He said it has to be something messed up going on, if the world thinks he would do something so wack as to say that about a someone who was a man with a family and he just died.

I agree you have to be emitting something pretty potent for that story to be told and no one to even question it. And, I am glad he is using this time to mature.

That being said, I really like his music. And he is some of the only rap I will even listen to, at all.

Back