Official Celebrity Statements Thread

the floacist

Proud Member
There's going to be several, so we should all just post them here. I'll try and include all the sources. :(

I can't stop crying over the sad news," Madonna says. "I have always admired Michael Jackson. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever! My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless."

Lisa Marie Presley, who was briefly married to Jackson in the mid-1990s, says, "I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible. I am heartbroken for his children, who I know were everything to him, and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me."

"My heart is overcome with sadness for the devastating loss of my true friend Michael," adds Brooke Shields, who raised eyebrows when she briefly dated Jackson. "He was an extraordinary friend, artist and contributor to the world. I join his family and his fans in celebrating his incredible life and mourning his untimely passing."

Elizabeth Taylor, one of Jackson's closest and longstanding friends, was "too devastated" to issue a statement, her rep says, while Quincy Jones, who produced Jackson's biggest hits, says, "I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news. For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don't have the words."

Neil Portnow, president of the Recording Academy, which honored Jackson with 13 Grammys, says, "Rarely has the world received a gift with the magnitude of artistry, talent, and vision as Michael Jackson. He was a true musical icon."
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20287803,00.html

Essence.com Exclusive! Marlon Jackson speaks to Roland S. Martin about the death of his brother, Michael Jackson

Essence.com blogger Roland S. Martin talks with Marlon Jackson, brother of Michael Jackson and a member of the Jackson 5, about the death of his younger brother, the King of Pop.

Marlon, how did you find out about Michael’s death?

“I Talked to Frank Dileo, Michael’s manager. Frank told me that Michael last night was complaining about not feeling well. He called to tell him he wasn’t feeling well.

“Michael’s doctor went over to see him, and Frank said, ‘Marlon, from last night to this morning, I don’t know what happened.’ When they got to him this morning, he wasn’t breathing. They rushed him to the hospital and couldn’t bring him around. That’s what happened. They don’t know what happened.”

When was the last time you saw Michael?

“It was May 14 at a family gathering. I had just gotten back from Africa. Michael looked great. He was looking well. He was getting ready to go into rehearsals for his tour. I don’t know what happened.”

There were some reports he wasn’t feeling well and was in a wheelchair.

“He wasn’t in a wheelchair. He was walking around with his kids. When we saw him he wasn’t in a wheelchair. We all talked. He was doing great.”
Was that the last time you spoke with him?

“May 14 was the last time I spoke with him. The last time I saw him.”

Have you talked to any of your other family members about his death?
“I’ve been trying to get a hold of my mom. I talked to Jackie. I talked to Tito. They feel the same way. A piece of our heart, a piece of us went with him. It was a shock to them, too. I talked to my brother, Jackie, and he said, ‘Marlon, is it true?’ I said, ‘I’m calling them right now to see if its true. That when I called Frank Dileo and I couldn’t get to my mom. I talked to him the first tiem and he was at the house and my mom was in the background crying, and was just upset.”

Was Michael still at the house?

“Michael had passed. Frank told me, ‘We lost him.’

And you said a doctor saw him last night, but he didn’t see a need to take him to the hospital?

“He didn’t take him to the hospital. This morning he wasn’t breathing and they rushed him to the hospital. He was going to be 51 in August. Gone too soon.”

Marlon, it’s amazing to look at the reaction from all over the world. People are at the hospital, at the Jackson family home in Gary, Indiana, at his star on the Wall of Fame.

“I never knew the effect the Jackson 5 had on people until I began traveling with (Major Broadcasting) network, and people would say our songs were the reason for them getting married. Me and my brothers did what we did because we loved it. That’s the way we thought. I’m happy that we did get a chance to just bring happiness to everybody, and Michael took it to another level to bring people happiness. He cared about people a lot.

“Michael was known all over the world, and that’s why people care, and it’s nice to see that people care. Not only did they grow up with my brother, but they grew up with the Jackson 5. They care, they care. He’s going to be missed. He’s definitely going to be missed. We are always going to remember him. We cannot forget him.”

I hear the comparisons to Elvis Presley and people looking to him a generation later. I know it’s very soon after the death of Michael, but should something like Graceland be established so the next generation is aware of Michael’s impact?

“He’s going to live on. He has left a legacy and it’s going to be forever, and I really feel that in my heart. I want people to concentrate on those things that he did for people. He did a lot of positive things. He’s going to live forever. I’m going to miss him. The memories, all the great things he has done, and my family is going to miss him. It’s hard. It’s really hard for us right now.”

For the world he was the King of Pop. But for you, he was your younger brother.

"And that’s the way we saw him, as a younger brother. It’s like when anyone else loses their family member. It hurts. It hurts right now. It really hurts.”

http://essence.typepad.com/news/2009/06/es...er-michael.html

Wyclef Jean
: "Michael Jackson was my musical god. He made me believe that all things are possible, and through real and positive music, he can live forever! I love Michael Jackson. God bless him."

Gloria Estefan
: "The two great losses that we have felt today can only be balanced by the beautiful things that they left behind in our world. Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson will live forever in my heart as unforgettable and eternal."

Dick Clark, television and radio personality: "I knew Michael as a child and watched him grow over the years. Of all the thousands of entertainers I have worked with, Michael was THE most outstanding. Many have tried and will try to copy him, but his talent will never be matched. He was truly one-of-a-kind."

John Landis: "I was lucky enough to know and work with Michael Jackson in his prime. Michael was an
extraordinary talent and a truly great international star. He had a troubled and complicated life and
despite his gifts, remains a tragic figure. My wife Deborah and I will always have great affection for him."

Russell Simmons, pioneering hip-hop artist: "Michael Jackson was my generation's most iconic cultural hero. Courageous, unique and incredibly talented. He'll be missed greatly."

Lisa Marie Presley, musician and Jackson's ex-wife: "I am completely shocked and saddened by Michael's death. My heart goes out to his children and his family."

Priscilla Presley
: "I'm in shock, as I know everyone must be. What a tragic loss. My heartfelt thoughts are with his family at this very difficult time."

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2009/06/presley_on_jackson_im_in_shock.php

Celine Dion
:

"I am so devastated by this terrible news," Celine says. "From the beginning of my career, he was my idol in show business. He was a genius and an incredible artist!!

"I remember when I was growing up and watching him on TV, and all his videos... I had his poster on my wall...he was so amazing...his singing, his writing, his dancing.

"We had the same record company, and they knew I was a huge fan, so when things started to happen for me, they arranged for us to meet. I was so nervous, and so excited at the same time, and Michael was so nice. He autographed one of his hats for me.... I was so thrilled.

"Years later, he came to see my Las Vegas show and we spent some time together....and we were really looking forward to seeing his show in London. It's unbelievable that he's no longer with us. It still hasn't sunk in.

"I guess we're just finding out what happened, but all I can say is that he must have been under an enormous amount of pressure... to do the shows, and to keep on top of everything, plus this was going to be his big comeback. This is a lot of pressure and it can be overwhelming for anyone. I'm sure it was just too much to handle.

"Right now, along millions and millions of others I am so sad....and I just want to send my prayers and love to Michael's family. I can't imagine how difficult this is for them....to lose someone so special. And it's the same for everyone in the world who loses a loved one. It just keeps reminding us of how precious life is, and that we never know when it's our time. God Bless his soul."

Liza Minnelli
: "He was a kind, genuine, and wonderful man. He was also one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived. I loved him very much and I will miss him every remaining day of my life."

Donny Osmond:
"I've known Michael since we both were about 13 years old. He once told me that because we went
through similar experiences as teenagers, I was the only person who ever understood him. Words can't
express the sadness I feel right now. My prayers go out to his family and his children," Donny says.

Arnold Schwarzenegger: We lost a great entertainer and a pop icon. My thoughts and prayers go out to Michael Jackson's family, friends and fans.

Diddy: Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to
life!! He made me believe in magic. I will miss him!

Samantha Ronson: His music is just as relevant now as it was the day they pressed record, I'm sure it
will remain so for generations to come.R.I.P.Mr Jackson.

Dane Cook: I'm dedicating my show 2night to Michael Jackson. THRILLER got me laid. Well... At least thats what I told my friends.

Heidi Montag: the world has suffered a GREAT loss today Michael Jackson my thoughts and prayers are
with his family, friends, and fans God bless.

Ice T: Rest In Peace Mike. People can say what they want but you were 100% original. WE will always love, miss & remember your GREATNESS.

John Mayer: Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ. I think we'll
mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player.

Star Jones: Death comes to all. But great achievements build a monument." He IS and WAS the
greatest entertainer of all times...Peace to you brother.

Lindsay Lohan: NO OMG ... sending my love and prayers out to Michael and his family ... i feel sick..

Marlon Wayans: My prayers, my love, my heart goes out to michael jackson and the entire jackson
family. I pray so hard for them. I'm crushed! Please pray.

Pete Wentz: Prayers and thoughts with michael jackson ... I haven't hope in so long that news
isn't true.

Kim Kardashian: Wow I am truly in shock that Michael Jackson has passed away! I love u Jackson family, my prayers are with the whole family!

Ashley Tisdale: So sad. Saying a prayer for Michael Jackson.

Miley Cyrus: Michael Jackson was my inspiration. love and blessings

Ashton Kutcher
: Rip Sending love and light to family and friend but especially his kids.

Shanna Moakler
: The hard thing about getting older is watching all those who inspired you pass, love to
the jackson family..

Rachelle Lefevre: Rest in peace Farrah Fawcett &
Michael Jackson. Condolences to their families

Ludacris: If it were not for Micheal Jackson I would not be where or who I am today.His Music and Legacy will live on Forever. Prayers to the fam R.I.P.

MC Hammer: I have no words.. I loved Michael Jackson.. RIP..

Kelly Rowland: Michael you left such a legacy on this earth, have touched SO MANY!!! We thank you for such a driving inspiration in music & our lives!! This has got to be one of the saddest days in music
history!! Michael Rest In Peace! WE miss you!

Tito Jackson said he so regrets not having spoken with Michael Jackson "in a while."

Elton John's was in the middle of his annual "White Tie and Tiara Ball" when he was rocked by the news
of Michael Jackson's death. We're told Elton is singing right now at the event and he's dedicated his song "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" to Michael.Liz Hurley, Hugh Grant, Lily Allen, and Kelly Osbourne were at the party -- however several of the guests left once they heard about the news.

Last edited:
Justin Timberlake:

I can't find the words right now to express how deeply sadden [sic] I am by Michael's passing. We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only Pop music, but of all music. He has been an inspiration to multiple generations and I will always cherish the moments I shared with him on stage and all of the things I learned about music from him and the time we spent together. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

http://www.tmz.com/

Eddie Van Halen:

"I am really shocked; as I'm sure the world is, to hear the news. I had the pleasure of working with Michael on 'Beat It' back in '83 -- one of my fondest memories in my career.

Michael will be missed and may he rest in peace."

-Eddie Van Halen

Corey Feldman:

"I come to you today with great sadness, acknowledging the loss of the greatest entertainer in the history of mankind. For me he was more than that, he was my idol, he was a role model, he was someone to cry to when my childhood was unbearable, he was a brother, he was a dear friend."

Last edited:
Amanda Somerville, Facebook status:

"Whoa. Was working on a new song w/ Sander via Skype when it was announced that Michael Jackson was confirmed dead. Sad, sad news. "Thriller" defined my childhood. RIP MJ!"

Wade Robson and family

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/8...kson-devastated

An Australian family who met Michael Jackson more than 20 years ago and became lifelong friends was devastated by the pop star's surprise death.

Joy Robson, mother of choreographer Wade Robson, said her family could not come to terms with the news the King of Pop was dead.

"We are all in shock right now," Ms Robson, sobbing heavily, told AAP.

"We're devastated."

A Los Angeles County Coroner's office spokesman confirmed on Thursday Jackson had died.

Lieutenant Fred Corral told CNN Jackson, 50, was pronounced dead at 2:26pm (0726 AEST) local time after reportedly suffering a cardiac arrest.

The Robsons, formerly of Brisbane, befriended Jackson when Wade, at the age of five, won a dance competition in Australia where first prize was a meeting with the star.

When Jackson toured Australia in 1987 the pop star invited Wade to perform at his Brisbane concert.

Two years later, with the help of Jackson, the Robsons moved to the US so Wade could pursue his dancing career.

Wade appeared in three of Jackson's music videos, Black or White, Jam and Heal the World and today, at the age of 26, is one of the world's most renowned choreographers, hosting his own MTV series The Wade Robson Project, working with Britney Spears and N'SYNC and winning two Emmy Awards.

Wade, Ms Robson and her daughter, Chantal, were called as witnesses at Jackson's 2005 molestation trial in California.

Jackson was eventually acquitted.

The Robsons spent many nights at Jackson's Neverland Ranch.

After Jackson's acquittal in 2005, the Robsons were again in tears, but back then it was tears of happiness.

"I've never questioned Michael," Ms Robson told AAP in 2005.

"That's the bottom line. I've never ever had a second of a concern.

"I don't care what people say of me.

"You have to know Michael to understand.

"I've always said to Michael I wished the world could know the Michael we do.

"He's not what the media makes him out to be."

Jackson, aged 50, died in Los Angeles Thursday, although a cause of death is yet to be officially announced.

Jackson was not breathing when Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics responded to a call at Jackson's $US100,000 ($A124,378.11) a month rented mansion in the exclusive LA suburb of Holmby Hills, just after midday.

He was taken to the nearby UCLA Medical Centre but was pronounced dead.

In the wake of Michael Jackson's death, stars took to their Twitter pages to remember the late King of Pop.

"He was a wonderful man and will be greatly missed."
-- Britney Spears
"Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life! He made me believe in magic. I will miss him."
-- Sean "Diddy" Combs
"Oh man. Can't believe it. RIP Michael Jackson."
-- "Weird Al" Yankovic, who parodied Michael's "Beat It" and "Bad"
"Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ"
-- John Mayer
"I will be mourning my friend, brother, mentor and inspiration. He gave me and my family hope. I would never have been me without him."
-- MC Hammer
"Music will never be the same."
-- Kim Kardashian
"I can't believe. The most amazing entertainer of all Time just left. I just can't understand. We Will always love you Michael."
-- Gilles Marini
"The Jackson Five was the soundtrack of my youth and Michael sang me through my twenties and thirties. He was troubled but what great music!"
-- Katie Couric
"Remember the first time you saw him moonwalk? RIP Michael Jackson."
-- Alyssa Milano
"Official. Michael Jackson dies at 50. Speechless."
-- Rob Thomas
"We just cued up 'Wanna Be Starting Something' in the office. What a great song."
-- Diablo Cody
"Michael Jackson was my inspiration. Love and blessings."
-- Miley Cyrus
"The world has lost an amazing man. A man that cared, and loved and gave everything he had for others. Michael I love you!"
-- David Blaine
"Omg I'm bawling right now. Michael…"
-- Jordin Sparks
"Very sad about king of pop. I feel weird."
-- Carson Daly
"No f***ing way."
--Lily Allen
"Praying for the Jackson family."
-- Nicky Hilton
"NO OMG… Sending my love and prayers out to Michael and his family."
-- Lindsay Lohan
"RIP, sending love and light to family and friend but especially his kids… I plea to the press to respect his wishes of maintaining the anonymity of his children."
--Ashton Kutcher
"This is a sad day."
-- Joel Madden
"RIP Michael Jackson. I'm in shock."
-- Nile Rodgers

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/entertainment/Stars_Tweet_Over_Michael_Jackson_Loss.html

Sorry for repeats in advanced

Sony Music Entertainment expresses deep sadness and sorrow at the unexpected passing of Michael Jackson and extends wishes of sympathy and condolences to all of Michael's family, friends and fans around the world.
"I was so excited to see his show in London," Britney Spears said in a statement today. "We were going to be on tour in Europe at the same time and I was going to fly in to see him. He has been an inspiration throughout my entire life and I'm devastated he's gone!"
Eddie Van Halen:
"I am really shocked; as I'm sure the world is, to hear the news. I had the pleasure of working with Michael on 'Beat It' back in '83 -- one of my fondest memories in my career. Michael will be missed and may he rest in peace."

Eddie Van Halen Comments

"I am really shocked; as I'm sure the world is, to hear the news. I had the pleasure of working with Michael on 'Beat It' back in '83 -- one of my fondest memories in my career.

Michael will be missed and may he rest in peace."

-Eddie Van Halen

Pete Wentz on twitter:

I have never felt this before in my life. I could measure my childhood 2 now on an mj growth chart. if this is true. Rip. The last legend.
about 5 hours ago from UberTwitter

I haven't hope in so long that news isn't true.
about 6 hours ago from UberTwitter

Prayers and thoughts with michael jackson.
about 6 hours ago from UberTwitter

He's blasting Perez on there too, but I won't post anything to do with that parasite. If you want to read what he's saying to him http://twitter.com/petewentz

More are pouring in.

CHER, SINGER:
"I'm having a million different reactions I didn't expect I would feel.
"He was a great singer - God gives you certain gifts and this child was just an extraordinary child touched by this ability. He could sing like nobody else and he was able to connect with people."

LISA MARIE PRESLEY, JACKSON'S EX-WIFE:
"I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible. I am heartbroken for his children, who I know were everything to him and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me."

URI GELLER, FRIEND:
Uri Geller says his friend Michael Jackson 'went through hell'
"I'm just devastated, very very sad. I pray that his soul is up there now. I'm still trying to hold on to the glimmer that it is not true. It is too surreal for me to absorb that Michael is no longer with us.

"Michael was in good shape because he was practising, he was training, he was rehearsing for the shows [due to start in London next month]. Michael was careful with what he ate, he was just fine. Last time I know and heard of what he was doing he was in great shape. And this is why I'm so absolutely shocked by this news."

MATT FIDDES, FORMER BODYGUARD:
"He's the most misunderstood man in world. Everyone thought he was this weird freak but when you're with him he's as normal as everyone else. I don't think he felt he was as famous as everyone else thought, he didn't know any different.

"He was a very caring guy who would go out of his way to help the sick. One night in London he wanted to see some homeless people. He sent them loads of pizzas in secret. The guy had a good heart.

"We used to dress him up and sneak out of hotel room and do normal things in shops, people wouldn't know who he was but we wanted to give him a taste of the real life."

STUART WILLIAMS, MUSIC JOURNALIST:
''Michael Jackson was the biggest news story this year in music anyway, you know, a man who has not played live for over a decade, a huge come back, one of the biggest selling artists of all time, 50 sold-out dates, 750,000 tickets at the 02.

"And that was going to be, people thought, the beginning of the next stage of his career, maybe getting back with The Jackson Five, maybe playing in Vegas, it is just utterly flabbergasting."

NILE ROGERS, MUSIC PRODUCER:
"It's devastating to me. I don't quite get it. I just don't understand how a person who is younger than I was and to me still had a lot to give the world, is no longer here. I still haven't really digested it."

Berry Gordy, Motown Records producer and founder:
"I am somewhat numb. I'm shocked at the death of Michael Jackson. It's like a dream, a bad dream. He was so much like a son to me. It's just hard to realize that Michael Jackson is not here.

" ... As a kid Michael was always beyond his years, he was an innovator, he was a genius at what he did. He had a knowingness about him. At 9 years old, when I first started working with him, he seemed to me like he had been here before. He was just so knowledgeable about life."

Whitney Houston, singer: "I am full of grief."

Mariah Carey, singer:
"I am heartbroken. My prayers go out to the Jackson family, and my heart goes out to his children. Let us remember him for his unparalleled contribution to the world of music, his generosity of spirit in his quest to heal the world, and the joy he brought to his millions of devoted fans throughout the world. I feel blessed to have performed with him several times and to call him my friend. No artist will ever take his place. His star will shine forever."

John Legend, singer, composer:
"Michael Jackson will always be remembered as one of the greatest performers in the history of popular music. As a child of the '80s, I feel as though his music and his videos have been an inseparable part of my life and that of an entire generation. And the powerful thing about great music is that it will always live on. He was and always will be an icon. My heart goes out to his family, friends and countless fans for their tragic loss."

Sony Comments on the Passing of Michael Jackson

Commenting on his passing, Sir Howard Stringer, Chairman, CEO and President, Sony Corporation, said: "Michael Jackson was a brilliant troubadour for his generation, a genius whose music reflected the passion and creativity of an era. His artistry and magnetism changed the music landscape forever. We have been profoundly affected by his originality, creativity and amazing body of work. The entire Sony family extends our deepest condolences to his family and to the millions of fans around the world who loved him."

Rolf Schmidt-Holtz, CEO, Sony Music Entertainment, said: "Michael Jackson's unsurpassed artistry and beloved music brought joy to every corner of the world. We join today with his millions of fans in expressing our profound sadness and we offer our deepest condolences to his family and loved ones. It was a true privilege for all of us in the Sony Music family to work with one of the most talented superstars in the history of music. We will miss him greatly."

Martin Bandier, Chairman & CEO of Sony/ATV Music Publishing, said: "Michael was the kind of amazing talent that comes along once in a lifetime. He was an incredible recording artist, an insightful businessman, an unmatched performer, and a true icon. To all of us at Sony/ATV Music Publishing, he was also a trusted and passionate partner, who was very proud of our accomplishments. He will be dearly missed. We wish his children and entire family our deepest condolences."

Five of Jackson's solo albums – "Off the Wall," "Thriller," "Bad," "Dangerous" and "HIStory," all with Epic Records, a Sony Music label – are among the top-sellers of all time. During his extraordinary career, he sold an estimated 750 million records worldwide, released 13 No.1 singles and became one of a handful of artists to be inducted twice into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The Guinness Book of World Records recognized Jackson as the Most Successful Entertainer of All Time and "Thriller" as the Biggest Selling Album of All Time. Jackson won 13 Grammy Awards and received the American Music Award's Artist of the Century Award.

Michael Jackson started in the music business at the age of 11 with his brothers as a member of the Jackson 5. In the early 1980s, he defined the art form of music video with such ground-breaking videos as "Billie Jean," "Beat It" and the epic "Thriller." Jackson's sound, style and dance moves inspired subsequent generations of pop, soul, R&B and hip-hop artists.

Re: Sony Comments on the Passing of Michael Jackson

lord,i cant believe this

Can the Sony/ATV catalog somehow pass to his children? Lol, just thought i'd ask.

"Peace to the King. He was one of my childhood idols. I salute you King of Pop. You made the whole world moonwalk together." ~ LL Cool J

"I am very sad. No one will be able to replace him. But I know that the light that he emanated from the stage will live on with all of us who saw him for what he was and always will be — a great teacher, pure musical inspiration." ~ Ricky Martin

"We have lost an icon in our industry and my heartfelt condolences go out to his family and children in this hour of sorrow that they are now going through. He will live on in my memory and most definitely through the music he shared with so many." Dionne Warwick

"Michael's example of musical artistry was rooted in the proud tradition of black American music. His career trajectory — from the working-class streets of industrial Gary, Ind., during the post-World War II boom, to the heights of the entertainment industry — is a classic example of black American achievement, and of the American Dream." ~ Benjamin Todd Jealous, NAACP president

"Michael Jackson was born in Gary, Indiana, and our hearts are heavy, heavy here. Michael Jackson was the world's greatest entertainer but more than that he was great humanitarian and a great, humble individual. The people of Gary, our hearts are full of tears because of the loss of Michael Jackson." ~ Gary, Ind., Mayor Rudy Clay

Everything that Michael owns will go to his children, including his debt. That is, unless he willed some things to others...which I doubt.

Don't worry though, the lawyer for those kids will make sure they get what is rightfully theres. And I hope that Londell McMillan is one of those lawyers.

This is such a tragic loss and a terrible day. The incomparable Michael Jackson has made a bigger impact on music than any other artist in the history of music. He was magic. He was what we all strive to be. He will always be the king of pop! Life is not about how many breaths you take, but about how many moments in life that take your breath away. For anyone who has ever seen, felt, or heard his art, we are all honored to have been alive in this generation to experience the magic of Michael Jackson. I love you Michael. ~ Beyonce Knowles

I am so grateful to have worked with the King. He was a gift to the world, he is a bright light and I wouldn't be surprised if the world stopped spinning tomorrow. ~ will.i.am

I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news. For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don't have the words. Divinity brought our souls together on The Wiz and allowed us to do what we were able to throughout the 80's. To this day, the music we created together on "Off The Wall," "Thriller" and "Bad" is played in every corner of the world and the reason for that is because he had it all...talent, grace, professionalism and dedication. He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever. I've lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him. ~ Quincy Jones

This loss has deeply saddened me, with a heavy heart I composed this statement. May God cover you Michael. We all lift your name up in prayer. I pray for the entire JACKSON family particularly Michael's mother and all his fans that loved him so much. I would not be the artist, performer, and philanthropist I am today without the influence of Michael. I have great admiration and respect for Him and I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to meet and perform with such a great entertainer In so many ways he transcended culture. He broke barriers, he changed radio formats! With music, he made it possible for people like Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama to impact the mainstream world. His legacy is unparalleled Michael Jackson will never be forgotten ~ Jamie Foxx

The first album I ever bought with my own money was Thriller. His performance at the Grammys is a milestone in the history of American music. I watched it on TV and spent the next two weeks in my kitchen trying to learn how to moonwalk. ~ Mark Hoppus of Blink-182

A friend of Michael's for the last 35 years, I call on people around the world to pray for him and his family in the hour.I have known Michael since we were both teens, worked with him, marched for him, hosted him at our House of Justice headquarters in New York, and we joined together to eulogize our mutual idol, James Brown. I have known him at his high moments and his low moments and I know he would want us to pray for his family. ~ Rev. Al Sharpton

When I first met him, I was shaking like a leaf. ... Growing up, Michael Jackson could no wrong. Everything the man did was magic. ... There will never be another Michael Jackson. It's a really sad day for us. ~ Ne-Yo

Jermaine Jackson Speaks About Brother Michael's Death
June 25th, 2009 11:50pm EDT

Jermaine Jackson has spoken to the media just yards away from where his brother Michael died on Thursday afternoon.

The singer held a brief news conference in the auditorium of the UCLA Medical Center just minutes ago, and started by telling the journalists and photographers present, "This is hard."

Sighing deeply, he said, "My brother, the legendary King of Pop, passed away on Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 2:26 p.m... It is believed he passed away of cardiac arrest."

Jackson confirmed reports that his brother's personal physician, Dr. Tohme Tohme, was among those who tried to resuscitate the pop superstar when he suffered a cardiac arrest at his home in Holmby Hills, California and stopped breathing, and he told reporters that staff at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, where the singer was taken, did all they could to keep the pop star alive.

He explained, "A team of doctors, including emergency physicians and a cardiologist, worked to resuscitate him for a period of more than one hour but were unsuccessful."

Jermaine concluded the press conference with, "May Allah be with you, Michael, always."

Jackson's body has been transferred from the hospital to the coroner's office in Downtown Los Angeles by helicopter. An autopsy will be performed on Friday.

Lenny Kravitz (Twitter page) "There will never be another talent like Michael Jackson. Many people are saying what a performer, what an icon. How many Grammy’s he won, how Thriller was the biggest selling album in history. They speak about the controversy and countless other things. But the truth of the matter is he was a boy that God blessed with the most angelic voice. Just listen to an early Jackson Five album and listen to that voice. The purity, the feeling, the interpretation of the lyrics. At the age of ten, he was on par with James Brown and Aretha Franklin. But the thing he had that they could not match was the fact that he was a child. But at the same time he sang as an adult. That line between child and experienced adult took his expression to an unmatched level. I heard somebody on the BBC news tonight say that he was a great singer but didn’t have feeling like James Brown. That somebody is not listening carefully. As a child he did it all. Even if he had not done Off the Wall or Thriller, he would still be a genius in my eyes. I got to work with Michael on a track that has not been released and it was the most amazing experience I’ve had in the studio. He was funny. Very funny and we laughed the whole time. I also saw what a beautiful father he was. He was a beautiful human being. I am deeply saddened this evening. He was the first live performer I ever saw. I got to see him at Madison Square Garden when I was eight. If not for him, I wouldn’t be doing what I’m doing. He gave me joy as a child and showed me the way to go. He was music. Period. His hugeness as a star was great but before he was the King of Pop,he’d said it all. May you rest in peace sweet Michael. You gave us all you had to give. Lenny."

Lil bow wow reacting to the news. There are 4 parts, this is the 1st one, but you'll find the others in the user's channel. He's called Soulja boy, he's trying to call Chris Tucker, JD..

Mika: I am so sadened by MJs death. I clung to those records throughout my childhood. A complete musical hero of mine. May he rest in peace.

Sean Lennon: I have no words... My heart goes out to everyone who loved him, especially his family.

I don't know where to put this but...

Bob Sanger, Michael's lawyer during the trial:

Bob Sanger: This is what I want to say. I do think it's appropriate to speak out at this point in honor of Michael. First of all, he was a great musician and performer, and his impact on music goes on today. I saw something on television today, I forgot who it was, but I looked at it, a current star doing a music video, and thought, 'That's Michael Jackson.' You can just see where all that came from that didn't exist before he started doing that sort of thing. The beat, and the music and everything else. That's an impact that he'll have forever, or certainly for a long time. I think that what people don't appreciate about Michael Jackson was as a human being, which I got to see, was privileged to see this, because he does have a lot of people around him.

When you represent him, which I did, unfortunately - unfortunately for him that we had to do this, but you do get very close to a person, and I sat next to him for four months in the criminal case - it took a full four months, and he was there every day. But what I did learn in the years that I represented him - particularly in that last case - is that he is a very kind person. Truly from his heart. And his whole family is like that. His mother, Katherine, and his sisters, LaToya and Janet - they have their own personalities onstage and everything, but they are the kindest, sweetest people you'll ever want to meet. And his brothers are very nice; they offer to do what they can for you.

I remember having a family meeting out at the ranch, in a room out there that was nicely appointed, as everything was. And we were all going to sit down and have a big meeting. And Janet says, 'Bob, you don't have a place to sit.' I told her it was okay, I could stand, and she said, 'No, no, no, I'll get you a chair.' She walks out the door, and I figure she's going to get someone to bring me a chair. She walks in with this big wing-backed armchair that she's carrying into the room - Janet Jackson - for me to sit in. It wasn't remarkable in that it was any different that what you'd expect from anyone in that family, or from her.

They were very kind. You would go to the ranch, or a house elsewhere where we met on other occasions, and you couldn't get away without being offered something to eat or drink. And personally, and I don't mean snap your figures and someone comes to do it, they would be very concerned and very kind and generous about everything. And Michael was the same way. He believed that one of the things he could do in life in addition to entertainment was that he could really help children. And I know that's going to immediately get some kind of sarcastic response, but it's absolutely true.

I was there at his ranch when he wasn't even there on at least two occasions when he had a giant group of kids come up. One, a bunch of kids who were from hospitals down in LA -- children's wards -- came up with their families and everything else, and another time it was disadvantaged kids with their families, they were brought up and came up on buses - he had a couple of buses - and he would bring people up and it was like they were at Disneyland. His staff was there, and at one point he had a hundred-something people on staff. They would be offering everybody candy, and something to drink, and play in the game room, and go to the movie theater. And you'd see these kids, and it was just remarkable to see these kids and their eyes so wide and being treated this way.

And the third thing was that Michael was extremely well-read.

I didn't know that.

No. Few people did. In trial - and I knew Michael, but I got to know him a lot better at the trial. The judge was doing jury selection, and it was time for break. Judge Melville said, 'Ladies and gentlemen, I want you to know that jury service is very, very important.' He's trying to convince people not to have stupid excuses to get out of jury service. All judges do this. He says, 'The jury system is a very time-honored system. It's been around for 200 years. We're going to take a break and come back in 15 minutes.

We stand up and the judge leaves, and Michael turns to me and says, "Bob, the jury system is much older than 200 years, isn't it?' I said, 'Well, yeah, it goes back to the Greeks.' He says, 'Oh yeah, Socrates had a jury trial, didn't he?' I said, 'Yeah, well, you know how it turned out for him.' Michael says, 'Yeah, he had to drink the hemlock.' That's just one little tidbit. We talked about psychology, Freud and Jung, Hawthorne, sociology, black history and sociology dealing with race issues. But he was very well read in the classics of psychology and history and literature.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/michael-jackson-lawyer-bob-san/

Stevie Wonder's people issued this statement:

"Stevie is not available for any comment for the time being. He is emotionally distraught & chose to be quiet right now".

I am supposed to be seeing Stevie Wonder and John Legend this Sunday. I hope I can see it, but if he pulls out, I can certainly understand.

JAPAN:

...Even government ministers expressed their sorrow over the passing of the 50-year-old.

"I feel sad as I had watched him since he was a member of Jackson Five," Internal Affairs and Communications Minister Tsutomu Sato, 57, told reporters.

"With a lot of popular songs, he built a generation," said Defence Minister Yasukazu Hamada, 53.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/438668/1/.html

Shocked Australian singing sensation Delta Goodrem hailed Jackson's towering talent.
"I feel so thankful for him sharing his brilliance," she wrote on the Internet microblogging site Twitter.
Her fiance, the singer Brian McFadden, said Jackson had been his "first and greatest idol."
"It's strange how I cry and grieve when I've never even met (him). Just feels like a big part of my life."
One of the members of the Australian group The Veronicas said Jackson's musical legacy had altered her life.
"I wish I got to tell him how much his music existence changed my life," Lisa Origliasso wrote on Twitter. "He was my biggest inspiration and will forever live on in my heart."

Lil bow wow reacting to the news. There are 4 parts, this is the 1st one, but you'll find the others in the user's channel. He's called Soulja boy, he's trying to call Chris Tucker, JD..

Thanks for this, cozzie. At first, I thought it was morbid but he didn't upload the video on youtube himself. And apparently, it's common for him to interact with fans like this...his reaction reminded me a lot of my own.
I was on the phone with a friend on the phone for hours while following the news, listening to her cry. It was after I put down the phone that I finally broke down.

British Culture minister pays tribute to Michael Jackson

michael_jackson_papho_04.jpg

Ben Bradshaw MP praises the late singer's contribution to music

British Secretary Of State Culture, Media And Sport, Ben Bradshaw, has added his tribute to Michael Jackson this morning (June 26).

The singer died of a suspected heart attack in Los Angeles yesterday (June 25).

The cabinet minister who, had his first dance at his civil partnership to the singer's 'Ben', praise the Jackson's contribution to popular music.

"I am deeply saddened by Michael Jackson's death," said Bradshaw. "Michael Jackson was a superb artist and musician who inspired and brought joy to millions around the world. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones at this time."

http://www.nme.com/news/michael-jackson/45620

Back