Sydney Australia Fans.

Daniel.San

Proud Member
I think it needs to be done personally. Hyde Park in the city would be a great place to gather since it's pretty central to everything.

The date and time is something that i'd rather leave up to us as a collective group to decide on. I'm sure we all want to be home for the funeral to watch it on TV, so I guess we'll rule it out for that day.

I'm thinking July 13, the same as London. We should probably coordinate our with other cities across the world if we want to make it special.

Last edited:
i concur... i'm (hopefully) flying into the states for the funeral. but i want to make this as well. These are the last things i can ever do for michael....

I'd need some help in organizing something. I'm 21 and my best friend will help, but of coarse we want it to be special, and meaningful with as many of you as possible.

Yeah theres something you can sign there I think. I'm not sure, but i'll head in there sometime this week, probably tomorrow.

I'm in Newcastle, 2 hours north. I really want to do something. I could catch the train with a friend, I doubt my parents would take me. We HAVE to do something.

There are two different threads on here now talking about plans in Sydney. Is there a way to get everyone to merge into just one? The other thread said something about the 4th of July which I think is a great idea as far as Michael being from America and it being a holiday and all. Plus it gives a little bit of time to plan it out right. What ever does go on, I want to be there.

I went to the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney today and right after you get your ticket for the day (is $10) there is a small tribute to Michael. It has a Bad tour jacket, bubble gum, trading cards, the Michael doll from the mid 80's (which was weird to see because I actually had one when I was a kid) and it also has a condolence book you can sign. I had to wait 25 minutes in line just to sign it and the line got longer as the day went on. It was amazing to see people writing in different languages and some had their children signing.... it was very moving. If you have the chance to go see it and write in the book, you should.

I went to the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney today and right after you get your ticket for the day (is $10) there is a small tribute to Michael. It has a Bad tour jacket, bubble gum, trading cards, the Michael doll from the mid 80's (which was weird to see because I actually had one when I was a kid) and it also has a condolence book you can sign. I had to wait 25 minutes in line just to sign it and the line got longer as the day went on. It was amazing to see people writing in different languages and some had their children signing.... it was very moving. If you have the chance to go see it and write in the book, you should.

Reghead, do you know how long this Powerhouse tribute will go on for? I would have never guessed the museum will do all this for Michael...

Reghead, do you know how long this Powerhouse tribute will go on for? I would have never guessed the museum will do all this for Michael...

I have no idea. I never even thought to ask. I'm hoping it will be there for at least a week. I do know that they were in the process of preparing other items of his for an 80's music display that is going on in December. But as far as this goes, it might not hurt to call them and ask how long they will keep the display/book open for. I hope you get to see it. It wasn't much, but it was great they are doing it.

I have no idea. I never even thought to ask. I'm hoping it will be there for at least a week. I do know that they were in the process of preparing other items of his for an 80's music display that is going on in December. But as far as this goes, it might not hurt to call them and ask how long they will keep the display/book open for. I hope you get to see it. It wasn't much, but it was great they are doing it.

Thanks, mate. I will definitely go in a few days to sign the book. Definitely.

Back