Votes: 11 2.4%
  • Not yet, but I will

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • I don't know if I will cry

Votes: 10 2.2%

• Total voters

dancemasterman

Proud Member
well I've been staying at my grandpa's and there is nowhere here for me to really dance. I used to dance like MJ for hours a day. the last few years I really haven't, no particular reason just haven't been. still would dance here and there to show people and competed in the talent show at my schoo,l and won I might add.

I did not think this news would hit me too hard, because I always thought it important to seperate the person from the entertainer. I knew I wouldn't cry, and on thursday I was more in shock and not really sad.

I've known for a few weeks that I was coming to visit my parents this friday for the weekend. Back when I used to dance hours a day it was here in their garage, because the floor was descent for dancing. When I found out the news I wondered if I could dance at a moment like this. but soon I planned on doing it either way whether it felt good or not as my own personal tribute. I put some songs on my mp3 player to dance to. while choosing songs from my cds, I noticed the demo for we are the world from Ultimate Collection. I had never listened to it somehow.

I planned on doing this at night after everybody else went to sleep. As Friday wore on I started gradually getting sadder and sadder throughout the day. Around 1:am saturday morning I went out to the garage to dance. It felt grudingly at first. I was making mistakes, not doing good. I kept coming off of my double spin off balance. then I stopped, took a break for 10 minutes, smoked a cigarette.

then I danced like I had never danced before. His voice sounded so emotional to me. The passion in his voice was so intense in a way it had never sounded before. You know how when you hear a song a thousand times it stars to loose it's effect on you? Well this was not the case at all. These songs were piercing right through me. I honest to god, no exageration danced better than I ever have in my entire life. and I'm about 3 or 4 years out of practice, not counting rare moments of showing off to people that I knew how to do it. I was so into it. I danced to so many songs, and smooth criminal several times. It's one of my favorite songs. then I stopped dancing and was just pacing back and forth smoking cigarettes outside with the mp3 player still playing in my ears.

I was listening to the demo for We Are the World. His voice was so emotional in this song. I was listening to it while I went inside to roll another cigarette really quick. I roll my own cigarttes. While in my room getting the tobacco ready and everything all I could think about was his voice in that song, the message, the life, the death. About two and a half minutes into the song he sings in a little more agressive voice for a few seconds and then it goes softer again. That was it right there. I started sobbing and I couldn't stop for hours. I just kept listening to that song over and over again crying every time. The emotion in his voice in that song is so intense. It's like he's crying out for help from beyond the grave and I couldn't stand it. His voice is so beautiful.

Well today is Saturday and I really, really, really feel really upset. I wish I could go back in time and try to prevent it. I honestly think last night was healthy. I just needed to say good bye in my own way, so I danced and I cried.

Yes. Today was the day I finally cried and I can't even imagine the pain that the Jackson family must be experiencing right now, especially Michael's children. It's a terrible loss. Absolutely terrible.

I was sitting in my chair, on the laptop reading the latest online. My 2 year old daughter was watching a Snoopy DVD. When the tabloids started saying he was dead, I didn't believe it at first....1st rule of being an MJ fan....don't believe in the tabloids. But then 1 by 1, all the major news outlets confirmed that he was in fact dead.

When everyone had reported he was gone, that's when it hit me. One of the channels played a song of his, and that's when i lost it. It felt like someone took a knife and stabbed me in the heart. I felt like I got drop kicked in my stomach. Sitting right there in my living room, I broke down like I lost my own brother. I just couldn't understand why? Why Michael? Why now? That's exactly what I said out loud as I wept...."why? Why! WHY!!!! Not Michael! Not now..please dear God not now!"

I remember when Freddie Mercury died in 1991, that was sad. I remember when my baseball hero Kirby Puckett died a couple years ago....I wept for him too...but this was by far the worst for me. I grew up to Michael's music. I stood by Michael through the allegations in 1993, and the more recent crap in 2003, 2004. I am hurt and sadden for Michael. This has not been an easy last couple days. Even today I was listening to his songs, and when I listened to Speechless and sang along to it, it was hard to get through the song without shedding tears.

God bless you Michael. Rest in Peace my friend

i was at work. got a phone call. then another and another. then at 230 got one saying he passed. punched the wall.clocked out, and went to pic up zac

I'm still crying.. I miss you Mike, its so damn hard. I keep hearing your songs and they makin' me cry!

My mom called me at work and told me. The first thing I though was that he finally succumbed to the stress and a broken heart. It was almost time to go home and before the news I was hungry but I quickly lost my appetite. I wimpered every 20 minutes or so during the drive home, and when I got home I threw up and I had a headache.
I'm still wimpering everytime I see the dates under his name, my heart sinks everytime (eyes water up). I haven't really had a big boo hoo yet, but I am sure It will come forth at
the funeral.

I was at work when my fellow mod Raylo informed me that an ambulance had gone to Michael's house, we followed the news coverage, step by step until the terrible news broke that he had passed away.
I started to cry immediately, tears just couldn't be held back, not even because I had collegues staring at me... when I finally told a work mate about what had happened she huged me and I officially broke down, cried like a baby for about an hour, didn't stopped all day long and until I finally fell asleep around 2 am, woke up around 5am still crying and it kept going for a few hours.
Right now, every other hour or so a tear goes down my face.

well I've been staying at my grandpa's...

Thanks for sharing that story, appreciate it!

I feel like I've done nothing but crying these last 2 days.

Tonight around 2AM I went to McDonalds to get me something to eat - on the way home I pushed down the windows, blasted "Rock With You", and tears were coming down.

It's like... the state of mind one is being in right now can't be described with words... it's like nothing I've ever experienced. For the first time in years I'm actually feeling "something".

Thanks for sharing that story, appreciate it!

I feel like I've done nothing but crying these last 2 days.

Tonight around 2AM I went to McDonalds to get me something to eat - on the way home I pushed down the windows, blasted "Rock With You", and tears were coming down.

It's like... the state of mind one is being in right now can't be described with words... it's like nothing I've ever experienced. For the first time in years I'm actually feeling "something".

great post BruceWayne i feel ya.....i've always loved reading your posts, if you got messenger or something i would like to chat... rhys87@gmail.com

YES. In random jaggs. I'll be just fine then suddenly a song, a pic, a thought ... boo hoos that last a few minutes then back to normal again.

God spared me a certain level of shock by His grace. I got the news in very light increments. I'd spent the night at a former co-workers house just as a much needed respite which was a load of fun which was a good thing cause I was in a great mood, and after I woke up from sleeping all day she and I jumped in the car and went on a pleasant drive and I heard a news flash from a radio announcer I SO didn't take seriously at the moment at all. Then got back to her house and saw cable and when I saw the report was from the L.A. Times I said, "yeh right". By the time I saw it on ABC I was prepared ... somewhat anyway or as prepared as anyone can be for something so sudden and shocking.

After I got over the denial I cried really bad. My only brother passed away form sickle cell on June 16th of 08 and one year and just a few days later my LOVE Michael Jackson passed away as well. I just can't explain the pain.
The strange thing is my older sister who was'nt as nearly in love with Michael Jackson as I was broke down today and cried so hard saying "I thought I would wake up and this would all be a bad dream" I was shocked! But that goes to show he touched everybody in some way.

i'm still crying... i feel very depressed

I didn't cry at first, and then suddenly it all hit me at once on Friday. I've cried several times that day, but I haven't cried today. I think I'm grieving, but I'm okay.

When I first saw the news on tv I was in shock and disbelief. My family was sitting with me so I held it in until later that night I just broke down. I still feel like crying all the time but I hold it in. I tryed to listen to his music but its just to hard right now, I havent really slept yet, I spent most of last night crying in my bed and just staring in shock. I still cant believe were even talking about him passin away, it just doesnt sound right, it makes me sick.

Last edited:
I'm still crying with deepest sadness........Michael, you are my hero, past, present, and future.

I've been crying on and off the past two days and I'm crying now. I haven't slept well and I have no appetite. I miss Michael. I miss him:cry:

Yes...Didn't cry right after I heard it from my sister. I think I was too shocked to cry. Hours later, when I got on the bus and the subway to work, tears just pouring down...Now I cry every day, feeling choked numerous times within a single day. Tears start rolling down my face before I even know.

I'm thankful that we are together here...sharing our sadness. If I ain't got you all, it would be so much more difficult to deal with this.

I was with my family (non fans) when I was informed that Michael had been transported to the hospital. I immediately left them and drove to my house. I left because I did not want to hear negativity and insensitive jokes. On the way home, I was extremely anxious and nervous. I was also in a state of disbelief and denial. I went home and ran upstairs to my TV. I flipped it to CNN and it said "coroner confirms Michael's death", my legs suddenly could not hold me up and I tumbled to my bedroom floor and cried more than I did in 8 years. Worst day of my life.

I am doing better now but I can't get over the fact that Michael won't be coming back. Like the OP said, I wish I could go back in time and warn Michael of what is to come. Only God knows why Michael had to go. I am still in a great state of depression.

I cried on Friday night when I saw the news on TV, I listened to the radio that morning when I heard that Jermaine had confirmed his brother's death...It was so difficult to tell myself that Michael would not be here with us now that I just not found the tears....But in hte evening, when I saw all that news on every news report, I was started crying and said why ? Why all the people stay to the King of Pop's death to say all the love they have !

Why people were sad with him and now claimed their love ? This world is so crual I said. Michael is (I will never say was) a man wih a child's heart and in his generosity, all the journalists and consorts always tried to rot his life ! In this way, he had an unhappiness life and that's why I always cry now !

Yesterday, to make my tribute to my idol, I listened to all his solo discography, I watched the reports on the TV, I watched video clips on MTV and MCM....I tried to continue my tribute by watching "Moonwalker", but it was too hard for me. When he start to sing "Music & me" I cried all the tears in my body, and today I feel very sad. I don't sleep very well, I always think about him. I make my childhood with his music, with his generosity, and I feel very bad to say that now he will not be with us...

I just confort myself, and I think you will do that too, by thinking that now he is in a better place, now he can live a better life and I hope touching the happiness. Yes, it will take a long time to accept the facts, but if he's not here now with us, he will live everywhere else in our hearts....Michael is a legend and I will do all the things I can do to pursuit his legend of King of Pop.

Rest in peace, Michael Jackson, I just can't stop loving you, from the bottom of my heart.

I found out the news when I was in the office. I didn't break into tears probably because I didn't buy the story (Even after I checked MJJC). I thought it was just a rumor or a sick joke. Maybe I was in denial. I was very normal throughout the working hours.

When I was heading home from work, I passed a music shop and they screened Dangerous the Short Film through multiple LCDs and a huge projector. A huge crowd gathered to watch it.

Then an electronic appliance shop broadcasted news of Michael's death from few TV channels through multiple TVs as well.

It gave me shiver down my spine. I almost choke up but I didn't cry.

I burst to tears when I reached home.

Cried ever since I heard about it. :( On and off every now and then... gosh, it's so painful. It's like I don't know how to function anymore.

Back