ATT: Australian Fans Memorial Gathering!

kindofdisco

Proud Member
bannerprac.jpg

Hi everyone,

I'd just like to let any Australian fans here know that there is a planned Memorial Gathering for Michael next Saturday (4th of July) outside the Virgin Megastore, in the city of Sydney.

We are enlisting the help of the Megastore to play us music and provide loudspeakers, and we are contacting the nearby channel 7 studios for their support too. Please pass this onto any fans in our country, as there has been no public events planned for MJ's memorial as of yet.

Thanks!

Edit: Please join the facebook page for more info - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=114965545395

Last edited:
That would be great, dude! Spread the word, we're trying to get as many people together as possible. We might make the news and really make an impact for the Australian MJ community!

Gosh...I'm in Melbourne.
It would be nice if all Melbourne fans held a vigil for Michael outside Flinders St station near federation square.

It's sad to bring this up, but when Michael was accused in 2003, a protest was organised outside Flinders St. Station underneath the clocks and it was quite successful.
I was there along with a group of other fans that had been posting on a message board called Operation Alliance which was a board for Michaels Australian fans. Sadly, the board shut down a couple of years ago.

I think all Sydney fans should do their best to remember Michael. If only I were closer to you guys. Although, if there are no Melbourne fans who want to get together, I will take a plane trip up to Sydney to be with you all and remember Michael.

Any Melbourne fans up to doing something to remember Michael?
I would really appreciate it...I feel so lonely in my grief, It would be really nice if the Melbourne fans got together.

I know im properly been going on too much bout this..but a mj melb fan memorial meet up would be lovely

So we have two Melbounre fans (8710girl and I) who have said they want to have a memorial for Michael. There are plenty more Melbounre Michael fans than this.
Any others?
Do you know of any other friends or fans you know who would also like to attend 8710girl?

Host: Restless Entertainment
Type: Party - Club Party
Network: Global
Start Time: Friday, July 3, 2009 at 9:30pm
End Time: Saturday, July 4, 2009 at 5:00am
Street: 117 Lonsdale St
City/Town: Melbourne, Australia

View Map
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#
Google
MapQuest
Microsoft
Yahoo

Phone: 0394260800
Email: guestlist@restless.com.au

dysFUNKtional : Every Friday Night @ The Loft
---------------------------
Friday 3rd July
MICHAEL JACKSON
R.I.P 1958 - 2009

THE KING OF POP

A night dedicated the biggest recording artist of all time

A Musical tribute to the legend that is Michael Jackson
Playing all the tunes we love from the years gone.
He will be forever remember on our dance floor. R.I.P 1958 - 2009

Resident Djs Damion De Silva : Ken Walker : K Dee : $uga
Playing R&B cutz, fabulous Grooves & whatever the Funk keeps you movin’
For Guestlist Visit : http://restless.com.au/090703_kingofpop.php
--------
For functions or general enquiries call Restless Entertainment on 9426 0800
or email guestlist@restless.com.au or visit our website http://restless.com.au
--------
Become A Fan Of Restless Entertainment On Facebook And Receive All The Latest Updates
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Restless-Entertainment/14909657877

So we have two Melbounre fans (8710girl and I) who have said they want to have a memorial for Michael. There are plenty more Melbounre Michael fans than this.
Any others?
Do you know of any other friends or fans you know who would also like to attend 8710girl?
well a friend of mine said she will come

and i have asked a few friends on another forum ( of another singer)
if they fans of mj as well... they are welcome to come

Hi everyone,

I'd just like to let any Australian fans here know that there is a planned Memorial Gathering for Michael next Saturday (4th of July) outside the Virgin Megastore, in the city of Sydney.

We are enlisting the help of the Megastore to play us music and provide loudspeakers, and we are contacting the nearby channel 7 studios for their support too. Please pass this onto any fans in our country, as there has been no public events planned for MJ's memorial as of yet.

Thanks!

Edit: Please join the facebook page for more info - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=114965545395

I think this is a great idea! I've really wanted to connect with other fans since this happened and it's been really hard on me being in Australia instead of the US where I'm from and my friends are... I'll definately be there. I can't think of a better way to spend the 4th of July.

Melbourne fans, TONIGHT Fed Square are airing "The Michael Jackson Story" as a tribute - 7:30PM

Details here: http://www.federationsquare.com.au/i...1&eventID=1561
^
Well, like I said in the thread about this doco, I will not be watching it at fed square or even at home. I do not trust chanel seven to show anything respectful of Michael.
Sorry, but if Michael is disrespected by this chanel, even in death, my anger will REALLY flare up. It's on now...I will not even be turning on the TV.

@ 8701girl, It's nice to know that I have some fans to meet up with if anything ends up going ahead.
I think we should meet for the funeral at flinders st or fed square.
Would any other Melbounre fans want to join us if this ends up happening?

I wish I knew earlier I would have been there :( Im 2 and a half hrs from Melbourne.

I will be in Sydney probably this weekend.

@ 8701girl, It's nice to know that I have some fans to meet up with if anything ends up going ahead.
I think we should meet for the funeral at flinders st or fed square.
Would any other Melbounre fans want to join us if this ends up happening?

I couldnt go tonight anyway.....:cry: :cry: :cry: :(.....we found out today my great grandfather passed away tonite :cry:

Hey guys, just to let you know, the location will probably be moved to Hyde Park (we need to get council and police approval) which is only like 5 mins walk from Martin Place anyway (which is booked out)

I'll post details tomorrow hopefully.

Gosh...8701girl I'm sorry to hear that. I still hope to see you at the Melbourne memorial if it goes ahead. It's comforting for all fans to know that they have each others shoulders to cry on...especially when everything is so hadr for us at the moment.

*sending a hug out to all aussie fans*

sorry double post...

All the more reason to give *more hugs*

I was hoping to go to the Virgin Megastore to buy Blood On The Dance Floor (The only album I don't have). But Hyde Park will be fine. Just give a confirmed location and time, So I can see what trains to catch.

This is going to sound a little silly, but can someone describe where Hyde Park is in relation to Virgin Megastore? I've only been in OZ for two months, still working out where things are. I'm coming from the Campbelltown area so I was going to train it in to the Quay and then jump a ferry in to Darling Harbour (i love the ferrys so it was like an excuse to go around by boat...). Should I change the way I get there? Any advice would be really appreciated.

Gosh...8701girl I'm sorry to hear that. I still hope to see you at the Melbourne memorial if it goes ahead. It's comforting for all fans to know that they have each others shoulders to cry on...especially when everything is so hadr for us at the moment.

*sending a hug out to all aussie fans*
Thank you so much..its really comforting for me that i have you guys for support.I have been crying all of 2 day, feeling guilty coz most of my pain is coz of mjs passing. It feels like my whole heart and soul has been ripped out from me, and it kills me that im never going to have the security that mj's music and him just being him gave me ever again :(. I have spoken with my mum bout the melb memorial, and she said if my great grandad's funeral is finshed in time i might be able 2 come. Although my family needs me at this time, i really need u guys too.

Virgin Megastore is at the very end (bottom, George St side) of Martin Place. Walk UP the hill (Martin Pl slopes upwards) and get to Macquarie St (right at the top of Martin Pl).

Turn RIGHT on Macquarie and follow it all the way down (i'm pretty sure it links up to Elizabeth St) and you should see Hyde Park across the road. It's huge, you cant miss it.

I was hoping to go to the Virgin Megastore to buy Blood On The Dance Floor (The only album I don't have). But Hyde Park will be fine. Just give a confirmed location and time, So I can see what trains to catch.

I haven't even seen the Virgin Megastore in Sydney yet. I don't know if you mind walking a bit, but if you wanna go check it out at some point I'd go!

Back