I went to the HIStory statue in Best (Holland).

Dudie

Proud Member
It was hard to go there in a way coz i knew it would be hard and i would cry again a lot. I was hoping that it wouldn't be to crowded coz i don't like crying in public at all, not that i'm ashamed or anything but i dunno. We were on our way for just like 5 min and i allready was in tears. When i saw the statue i was crying again and when i was walking closer it was a whole waterfall. My mom was close to crying aswell. In my tears i heard a group talking about me and they kept looking at me in a strange way. They where just people who happened to pas by and chatted a bit about MJ and shouting AOW!! every once in a while. There was a fan playing music from his car there which was nice. After a while just standing there thinking of him it felt like it was time to really say goodbye. I mean i can't stay there standing forever. Me and my mom bought a Milkshake and we walked back to the statue to just be there while finishing our drinks. When i was finished it was really time to go and i said my last greeting "I love you more and see you again in a few months!" I'm going there again on his b-day.

Because there where not really much people, sometimes it was just me and the guy who did play the music, so it felt like a moment between Michael and me. Not Michael and a lot of other fans. When driving home i felt really calm somehow. To know he finally found his peace he so deserved.

A few pics i made:
mjhen.png

mj2.png

I wasn't really planning to make pics but my mom said just take your camera just in case.. I'm glad i did. I bought white lily's, a white rose and a card. Unfortunately the Lily's where not open yet, i hope they are today.

It took me quite a while to think what i should write on the card but assoon as i started it the words just popped in my head.

Dear Michael,

Thank you for all your wonderful music and all the good things you did in this world.
I hope you finally found the rest you deserve. I've been a fan for many years and i always will be eventhough at times it might be hard because i miss you.
As you always said.. I love you more! You will always have a special place in my heart.

:angel:

EDIT: The tumbnails weren't working somehow so i posted the normal sized pics.

Last edited:
today, fans are gathering at the statue at 2 pm. I'm leaving very soon. There will be a sea of flowers and a sea of fans.

Hope you can make it there today also.

Geen idee maar ik denk dat het zowiezo wel de moeite is om te gaan ookal is de meeting al over. Het kan helpen bij het rouwproces.

today, fans are gathering at the statue at 2 pm. I'm leaving very soon. There will be a sea of flowers and a sea of fans.

Hope you can make it there today also.

Please guys.
This a desperate call out to you all especially the dutch fans. :(
I live in the U.K and Ive booked a flight over for this coming tuesday just so I could see the statue.
I booked it long before this happened and now it has I really dont want to be there own my.
Is there anyway possible if any of you can make it on this day?
I hope so Please because I couldnt handle being there crying on my own I need someone who understand with me.:no:

If there is It really will be appreciated as I cant handle being on my own right now,I need the fans.

Last edited:
Please guys.
I live in the U.K and Ive booked a flight over for this coming tuesday just so I could see the statue.
I booked it long before this happened and now it has I really dont want to be there own my.
I hope so Please because I couldnt handle being there crying on my own I need someone who understand with me.:no:

If there is It really will be appreciated as I cant handle being on my own right now,I need the fans.

At what time will you arrive in Holland? And where will you arrive?

Please guys.

Aw, i totally understand that you don't want to go alone and that's not a good idea either. I was so glad my mom was with me otherwise i dunno what happened. I was shaking and such. I might be able to come on tuesday but i'm not sure. And i dunno how to acces it without a car. Best has a trainstation but i have no idea if there is a bus going to the Macdrive and which that might be.

Another good idea is to go to Amsterdam Paradiso this thursday. There will be a MJ tribute 'party' and i am going there without ANY doubt.

Maybe that's a good idea too then i can go to madame tussaud aswell (is it free if you just want to go to see the MJ statue or do you need to pay full price there?). Do you know anything more like a time? I need to work on thrusday but maybe i can manage something.. this week gonna be hectic anyway.

It was hard being at the statie.
I sat there for about 4 and a half hours straight and all I could do was stare at the fence and not at the statue.
Even though I have an amazing 30ft Michael in front of me all the messages just took my mind away from it and all I was think was why and just crying to myself.
But what the fans left there wasso touching and beautiful.
I bought some read roses and left them for him

I just love your pics and I so badly wish I could go and see that statue. I so hate living where I do here in the U.S. I so wish I could live in Europe. Where I more closer to other MJ fans. I just hate living in a town full of MJ haters. Who don't understand us MJ fans.

Thanx. I'm so glad i have a place like this to go too eventhough it's a parking lot of the macdrive there. There is also madame tussaud in Amsterdam which has a wax figure of MJ but it's not the same as the statue.

I've been on google a few times this week coz i wanted to know more about the statue since there is so much i don't know about it. How many of those are there? I heard 2 but i dunno, i mean where is the other then?! And if i remember correctly back in the days it was so that the statue would only be there for 1 year. And it's still there. Will it stay there or did they just borrow it for a few years?

And it seems it's not that well known that we have a statue here?! Or is that just me?

omg. If I knew before 1 I would so come! school ended 10am:lol: so enough time to get there since it's 2 hours away. Are you guys planning to go again next week or something?

I plan to go there again on his b-day for sure. So i hope the media won't ruin my idea and show up there on that day. And maybe sooner but i don't know about that yet.

I don't want to go to offtopic in other threads so i decided to bump this thread if that's ok?

Last time i didn't bring candles only flowers. Now i want to bring candles or insence. I think insence is more safe considering i don't plan to climb the fence to place it at the satue and it's a parking lot. But in a way i don't really want to bother people with the smell of insence. What do you think?

I love it but yeah..some people dont like the smell of it `(i know from expierience since i brought it with me at the O2 on july 13)..

But anyway,its open air so i think its okay.

Im having a bad time dealing with the death of Michael! I still can't find closure...I cried everyday from 25th june till 14th of july.Now every time i see pics of him on tv or read something bout him or hearing his wonderfull songs still brings tears in my eyes.
I really want to go to see the statue...But since i dont have a car yet i need to take the train. Does anyone know if there is a bus going from the train station??

I heard there is a bus going to it.. But i need to check on that. I plan to go by train aswell this time. Not that i didn't like it my mom drove me last time, I'm glad she did coz i wasn't able to go alone, but i don't want to bother my parents again to take me there and next to that the parking space there is limited.

I decided i gonna buy a white rose again and i burn some rose insence.. Or some other flower smell i have. Some people might not like it though but hey there might be people smoking aswell which i don't like.

where do you live?

I am from the north/east (overijssel) and wouldnt mind picking you up if it is more or less on my route.

I just realise there have been no further pics in this thread. I'll post mine:

5162_102853770881_514375881_2618453_3342652_n.jpg

4933_103202930881_514375881_2625761_2798583_n.jpg

4933_103202935881_514375881_2625762_2372848_n.jpg

5162_102853765881_514375881_2618452_5243242_n.jpg

5162_102853760881_514375881_2618451_903528_n.jpg

4933_103202940881_514375881_2625763_7529245_n.jpg

6260_113133825881_514375881_2796879_6473349_n.jpg

Lovely pictures Suzanne!

I don't know about this statue...I thought it was such an empty place and at first I found it weird if I would go there..don't exactly know why actually. :mello:
But there's this vigil on the 29th...hmm...maybe I'll go there. Are any of you going?

Thanx for posting these up :) Lots more flowers and cards:yes:

Janena I'm from Tilburg. That's a lot out of your route to Best. I decided to check for bus routes and I need to take bus 144 and then get out at the stop Eindhovenseweg Zuid. From there it is 2 min walk according ov9292.

Back