Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Janet Has Been Named Executor of Mike's Estate

Thanks

Default Janet Has Been Named Executor of Mike's Estate

I didn't see this posted anywhere...I'm sorry if it has.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06282009/news/...tate_176467.htm

Michael Jackson's pop star sister Janet has been named executor of the singer's vastly complicated estate, a family member said yesterday.

"She's in charge, she has the documents, she has control of his stuff," the relative said.

Jackson died Thursday with a vast array of assets but also crushing debt that has been estimated to be as much as $500 million.

A spokeswoman for Janet Jackson declined comment, saying she did not know details about the arrangement.

Janet was seen yesterday at the rented home where her late brother died. Wearing dark glasses, she drove up in a Bentley as movers loaded her brother's belongings into trucks.

Her being named executor seems to deep-six claims made by Alvin Malnik, a Florida accountant and old friend of *****'s, that the singer had asked him in 2004 to look over his estate if anything happened.
    <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_4018880-->
    "Even though they have declared open season on Michael Jackson, they'd better watch how they take aim. Misloaded weapons have a way of backfiring."

Thanks

Default Re: Janet Has Been Named Executor of Mike's Estate

and it's sickening and downright disrespectful of NYPost to use the J-word at this time...LET IT GO!
    "Even though they have declared open season on Michael Jackson, they'd better watch how they take aim. Misloaded weapons have a way of backfiring."

Thanks

kick ass go 'head jan

awwwwwwwwwwwwww janet is in charged of it all
    www.twitter.com/trelljj
    www.youtube.com/letrellmj

I, LETRELL OLIVER LOVE AND MISS YOU MICHAEL JACKSON
    REST IN PEACE MY IDOL....LOVE YOU

Hallelujah!

Thanks

I think it was a good decision...hope she'll do all the right things.

Thanks.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must
    still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a
    world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
    Michael Jackson

Thanks

Im assuming, if true, that this is in accordance with Michaels will. I just want his final requests to be honoured, whatever they may be.

Thanks

OH THANK GOD... I was worried for a while there. Janet will take care of his stuff for sure!

This is great news to hear, I'm happy its Janet.
    We shall always love you, Michael!

Thanks

I don't believe the post.

I feel for Janet so much. Michael was the closest sibling to her.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SexyMamaJo View Post
    I don't believe the post.
    Same here... Im not too sure. Wat is the source? & how come CNN or BBC are not reporting it?

Its been 3days, where is the "Will" or wen will it be made public?

Thanks

Well this isn't confirmed in the slightest is it. Another bloody rumour

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yazman View Post
    OH THANK GOD... I was worried for a while there. Janet will take care of his stuff for sure!

This is great news to hear, I'm happy its Janet.
    if it is her...she is the BEST choice....she is in the business ...already has the structure to deal with things and loves her brother...

Larry King was playing a recent interview with Janet when she was promoting her things...and she said...."I am his little sister and I always
    have my brother's back"...

it was good to see and hear her say that...I always felt that

aside from his mother.. Janet is the next person he can trust ...his mother is up in age....
    Sony/ATV, a joint venture between Sony Corp (6758.T: Quote, Profile, Research) and pop star Michael Jackson, expects more music catalogues to be put up for sale this year as people look to cash in profits in a slowing economy, said CEO Martin Bandier in a telephone interview.

"To the extent that large acquisitions become available, Sony/ATV is in a particularly good place," he said. "It's hard to overpay for a great Picasso...if you're buying quality music that will last for generations. Great songs are a rarity."

Sony/ATV is a traditional music publisher which makes money every time a piece of music is used on a variety of outlets including radio, movies, live performances, advertising as well as a share from recorded music sales.
    http://blogs.reuters.com/mediafile/2...gital-beatles/
    Reuter, 17 Apr 2008

Michael P. Schulhof, president and CEO, Sony Corporation of America, said: "Michael Jackson is not only the most successful entertainer in history; he is also an astute businessman. Michael understands the importance of copyrights and the role they play in the introduction of new technologies. In joining us for this new venture, Michael recognizes Sony's leadership in developing and realizing new technologies that serve to expand the creative horizons of artists such as himself.

He added, "To have Michael Jack son's song catalogues joined with ours will enable both Sony Music and Michael Jackson to aggressively build on a publishing portfolio filled with songs that are acknowledged as the cornerstones of popular music today."

Jet Magazine, Nov 1995
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_/ai_17793656

Thanks

If this is true, Michael made the best choice choosing Janet as excutor of his estate. Not only because she was the closet and most like him. But also because Janet is the only other Jackson to have solo success as an artist and knows who to run a successful business as she is one of the most successful female artists of all time.
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Rasta Pasta View Post
    if it is her...she is the BEST choice....she is in the business ...already has the structure to deal with things and loves her brother...

Larry King was playing a recent interview with Janet when she was promoting her things...and she said...."I am his little sister and I always
    have my brother's back"...

it was good to see and hear her say that...I always felt that

aside from his mother.. Janet is the next person he can trust ...his mother is up in age....
    Exactly. I hope it's true.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast