TV Alert: Michael Jackson's Public Memorial

Dorothy_Marie

Proud Member
Hello everyone,
I am making this thread to keep everyone updated about the channels and times the memorial will be broadcasted in your area or country. If you have a time and channel you may post it here but I will keep all info in this first post that you post that way you don't have to search through posts just to find out when it will be shown in your area. I will have it sectioned off in countries that way it can be easier for you to search for your time and date. Forgot to say if you do post a time here please post the time,channel, and country for which it is for. Thank you.

USA:

ABC:
CNN:
MSNBC:
E! Entertainment:
Fox:
NBC:
Tv Guide:
CBS:

Still trying to find out the times on these stations but cannot find info at this time will keep it updated. Keep checking back please.

There are constant ads for the memorial on Sky Channel.

In the UK/Ireland digital. You will find it on Sky News and Sky Arts Channel. Sky Arts will probably best to stay on without any interruption. E! is also on the digital.

Without a Michaels casket and Michael in it..., it will mean nothing!

Its said that Michael will be buried today, so... what a public memorial without Michael?

I can listen to MJs songs at home, reminisce about (my) Michael and dont go there.... or watch it.

the same was with Apollo memorial, ... boring...

UK TV ALERT

Full coverage of the memorial will be broadcast on Sky News / Sky Arts & Sky Arts HD

from 1730 pm on Tuesday

People in UK, I read from digital spy that BBC will show the memorial live but ITV will only show highlights...

I just hope BBC would confirm...

Will it be on in the UK? I'm almost certain it will be.

I am almost 100% positive you will get to watch this LIVE via MSNBC. That's how cool they are.. I like watching MSNBC Live over CNN. We'll have to wait and see - it often shows as a BIG LINK on their web site on the day of certain events that are huge and they want to cover it.

There is a large probability that RTL Nieuws in Holland is going to have a live stream on their website Tuesday. Confirmation will follow, I will keep you up to date.

Austria: ORF live from 6.05pm

Germany : still not sure which TV station... probably more than one... and probably N24 will be one of them... ok it's confirmed in Germany N24 7.00 pm will give live coverage!
http://www.n24.de/news/newsitem_5196416.html
Seems also the main station DasErste (formerly ARD) is planning something also as there is planned a 'Brisant-extra' at 6.50pm. But no information about the content of this show yet.
http://programm.daserste.de/detail1...7.2009&sender=1&dpointer=22&anzahl=38&ziel=22

Last edited:
Without a Michaels casket and Michael in it..., it will mean nothing!

Its said that Michael will be buried today, so... what a public memorial without Michael?

I can listen to MJs songs at home, reminisce about (my) Michael and dont go there.... or watch it.

the same was with Apollo memorial, ... boring...

BORING!???? This is not for your entertainment! This is to show respect to the man we loved. it sounds like you want a circus, or get some kind of kick out of knowing that his body is in a casket in front of us all!? We would give ANYTHING not to see this. BORING? Im disgusted. Sorry if you didnt mean it this way, but your post sounds so shallow. Like all you want is a spectacle, a show!

Memorial on Dutch tv on Tuesday:
Live from 18.00 on Nederland 3 and SBS 6.
Special broadcasts from RTL 4:
18.30-19.30: RTL Boulevard
20.00-20.30: Boulevard Extra: Michael Jackson, De Herdenking
22.30-23.00: Boulevard Extra: Michael Jackson, De Herdenking
To be confirmed: live stream on RTL website

Confirmed: RTL will air the livestream from the ceremony on their website (www.rtlnieuws.nl) on Tuesday. This will be from 19.00 CET (Central European Time), which is 18.00 GMT.

Request bbc big screens to broadcast

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE: BBC BIG SCREEN WILL BE SHOWING BBC NEWS COVERAGE ON THE BIG SCREENS IN:

BRISTOL (confirmed) 6pm GMT Tues 7th July
SWINDON (confirmed) 6pm GMT Tuesday 7th July

The other screens have been offered the choice, you will have to contact all other/your local BBC to see if they have decided to broadcast the memorial on their screens. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Contact your local BBC, they are having a meeting today on whether or not to broadcast Michael Jackson Memorial service tomorrow, july 7th, on the BBC big screens around the country live.

The more enquiries made, the more like they will decide to broadcast these on the big screens. so contact your local BBC as soon as possible.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bigscreens/

they have BBC big screens in :

Bristol Big Screen
BRISTOL, MILLENNIUM SQUARE

BRADFORD, CENTENARY SQUARE

cardiff big screen
CARDIFF, THE HAYES

Derby screen
DERBY, THE MARKET PLACE

HULL, QUEEN VICTORIA SQUARE

LEEDS, MILLENNIUM SQUARE

LIVERPOOL, CLAYTON SQUARE

MANCHESTER, EXCHANGE SQUARE

Middlesbrough Big Screen
MIDDLESBROUGH, CENTRE SQUARE

Norwich
NORWICH, CHAPELFIELD PLAIN

Plymouth
PLYMOUTH, ARMADA WAY

Portsmouth Big Portsmouth Big Screen
PORTSMOUTH, GUILDHALL SQUARE

Rotherham Screen in All Saints Square
ROTHERHAM, ALL SAINTS SQUARE

swansea big screen
SWANSEA, CASTLE SQUARE

Big Screen Swindon
SWINDON, WHARF GREEN

waltham forest big screen
WALTHAM FOREST, WALTHAMSTOW TOWN SQUARE

Last edited:
They're showing it at 6.30pm on channel 5 in the uk

It' live.

Swedish channel TV4+ and TV4 will brodcast the whole cermony live from 7 pm.

Back