Randy Phillips responds to ticket rip-off claims!

randomchild

Proud Member
AEG chief executive Randy Phillips last night angrily dismissed claims that the company was cynically trying to cash in by offering fans souvenir tickets for Michael Jackson’s London shows instead of a full refund.
Everyone who has paid for a ticket will get either a full refund or the special hologrammed tickets.
He insisted the dancing hologram on the tickets had been created by the dead star, saying: ‘Michael was involved in every aspect of designing those tickets. It was his idea to come up with the dancing hologram of himself on the front. We didn’t just come up with this idea after he died.

These are the real tickets, they were ready to be put in the post when he died. My art director and head of marketing were ready to jump out of the window of their offices at one stage because it took Michael four weeks to approve the eight designs featured on the tickets.

'Ok, he didn’t draw the designs himself but he came up with the idea and told our art director what he wanted. It was his creative vision.’
There are eight different ticket designs. People will receive the actual ticket they would have received – with the date and seat number printed on the back.
Mr Phillips added: ‘We have talked to all four major ticket agencies. None of the tickets has been released yet. That will start after the funeral.’

Randy Phillips didn't even address the real issue. The issue, Mr. Phillips, is why the hell are you charging us the full ticket price for the ticket only????

Way to dodge a bullet.

Randy Phillips didn't even address the real issue. The issue, Mr. Phillips, is why the hell are you charging us the full ticket price for the ticket only????

Way to dodge a bullet.

You're completely right. He doesn't talk about what the fans have been complaining about at all.

We need another live news report & the presenter to ask this question to his face live.... try & squirm your way out of that one then Randy.

There is no problem that MJ designed them, it is good, but He's gone, and the tickets do not worth anything without him...

This is still ridiculous!! any fan would be happy to have one of these just for the fact that it was to something literally HISTORIC! but!!! for a full cost of the show , that we was going to get a ticket to anyway!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !! dont you get it Randy!! We are not happy with the fact we have to pay full price for something we was getting anyway, its obvious how much Michael loved us! He designed these tickets to say wow!! he gave us the best show on earth! he gave us the performance of a lifetime! and he EVEN gave us an amazing keepsake our hologram ticket! BUT instead because of some very sad event, we get nothing!! and if we want something we have to PAY through the nose for it!!

Randy not being disrespectful, but WAKE UP!!

Terry

I really hope this helps but i sent this to AEG Live!!

Dear AEG LIVE and in Particular Mr Randy Philips.

Last edited:
Guys, give me some idea what you think of this? Please!!

T

Well after a lot of deliberating , and holding in there to see if we got any response from Randy , or any AEG i have asked for my refunds! All of them, wish i could have the ticket but im not paying £85 for something we was to get in the first place and also see our idols show he wanted to give us!

Im very disappointed in this, becuase even if you work out that if they where to give us these tickets for £20.00 then 20x 750,000= 15.000.000!!

so if hardly any of the 750,000 take the tickets they are going to lose so much!! I urge everybody not to be sucked into this now, Michael didnt want us to pay for these tickets, but he did want to give us a show that was so good that we would want to keep those tickets which he had made especially for us!! To remind us of the night we would of shared with him.

Terry

BTW if NOBODY got a ticket and all refunds AEG would lose 63 750.000!! and thats not taking into account the VIP tix!!

Yup, we paid to see Michael not for the tickets. That was like, the very smallest part of it! I'm disgusted, but I can't really talk because I kept 2 of my tickets. I must have mug written on my head.

Does anyone have the right email address for the uk aeg customer services? Not only are they ripping us off they can't even be bothered to keep us informed of when they expect to dispatch these tickets.

Its fine, but im sorry i have waited for a response but there is nothing forthcoming makes me sick, but to be honest i really have my doubts about AEG now, especially after there lack of support and consideration the other day at the vigil! I for one , although i wish i didnt have to , have asked for full refund of all 5 tickets! You know what if nobody got these tickets AEG would stand to lose £64 million! and i would love it now after there lack of support and compassion!

Terry

Its fine, but im sorry i have waited for a response but there is nothing forthcoming makes me sick, but to be honest i really have my doubts about AEG now, especially after there lack of support and consideration the other day at the vigil! I for one , although i wish i didnt have to , have asked for full refund of all 5 tickets! You know what if nobody got these tickets AEG would stand to lose £64 million! and i would love it now after there lack of support and compassion!

Terry

i've had my doubts about AEG from day one to be honest. the stage set up when michael did the announcement at the o2 was tacky. the promotional video was tacky. the website was tacky. everything seemed to be done on a budget and i cant help but think they just wanted to make as much money as possible and give as little as possible back.

Good on you for sending that. I believe everyone should get a refund - I really don't think Michael would want us paying so much for the ticket - in fact I think he'd be horrified, why not get a refund and donate some of it to a charity in his memory?

Back