Did anyone else think that Prince seemed angry?

000cozzie000

Proud Member
He was the only one that I couldn't figure out how he was feeling. Do you think he seemed angry? By angry, I mean the same anger that all of us felt when Michael died.

Angry at the way his father had been treated by people. I'm sure they knew what was going on around them.

Don't jump down my throat if we shouldn't talk about it, just let me know.

I think he tried VERY hard to not cry....

My feeling was that he wanted to show he's strong. Chewing gum reminded of Michael.

he has lost his dad days prior to this not weeks, hes bound to still be in shock by it all. Remember his father shielded them from all of this kind of stuff.

I liked the way he was eating that chewing gum. Jut like his dad:p

Both Michael and Prince mutilate the hell of of their gum. Watching Prince chew it made me lol so hard.

It was like watching Michael watching the rehearsals, chomping away - very cute. I thought the children were magnificent throughout. And that young girl Paris, what a wonderful young lady - a lot of the girls in this country (UK) could do with watching her and learning.

chewing gum activates your brains

Love

It didn't bother me to see Prince chewing gum---it might have kept Prince's thoughts off what was a VERY difficult time for the children.

:clapping:
VCBaby MJfan

My goodness---it is nice to see you here.
I remember when you were born---several members "sat up" with your Mummy and Daddy (Daddy especially) while you made your path into the world.
5 years old, already. my!! my!!.
Do you still have the "glove" that your Daddy made for you LOL
Dawn MJ'sOzfan

I remember when my dad died. I was 8 years old, almost 9. The way i dealt with it? I acted like i didnt care. I tried to be TOUGH. I tried to shrug it off. I wasnt old enough to know how to deal with it, or that it was ok to cry and show emotion.

Maybe he is experiencing all of this too. Maybe he was taking his cues from his uncles, who had the luxury of dark glasses to mask showing their emotion as much in their eyes.

Who knows, all I can think is BLESS THOSE CHILDREN.

He is a kid who has lost his father...it is nobody's business how he behaves during this memorial service.

he might have just wanted to get away and be alone but being respectful tried really hard to hold on..
Poor kids..my heart goes out to them

i hope he lets it out and cries when he feels comfortable, without all the necessary attention. he's hurt, you could see it in his eyes.. he was trying to keep himself together and not show his emotions.
and i loved when all the children got on the stage and sang heal the world.
poor lil Blanket crying and hiding his face..

Maybe he was a bit angry, hurt and trying hard not to cry. It must be difficult for a boy his age, you know, boys don't cry.

I remember my cousin was 12 or 13 when his father died and he kept his tears away during the ceremony and when people had left the cemetery he and my mom were left behind and I looked back and saw that he finally started to cry and my mom was consoling him.

Last edited:
He seemed to me like he really tried to not be emotional and not to cry, because he wanted to remain strong.

I liked the way he was eating that chewing gum. Jut like his dad:p

Yeah so true! And at one point Blanket opened his mouth and I could see this big pink bubblegum he was chewing, it made me giggle! They are the sweetest kids!! :happy:

on the subject of prince, I just think he may have been shy but he did stick his Tongue out at the paps once! So maybe not?

But he may Have just been trying to keep strong like Michael. :)

That's my take on prince anyway:)

I couldn't help smiling when I saw him chewing gum. It was like Michael was back in front of my eyes.

I got the impression that his state was something like... "This isn't really happening, I'm not really at my father's funeral." Honestly, he seemed like he was in a completely different world, like spaced out.
I still can't believe this whole thing happened, let alone his children...

You could see he was hurting, I would do anything to comfort those kids if I could.

God bless them :cry:

he has lost his dad days prior to this not weeks, hes bound to still be in shock by it all. Remember his father shielded them from all of this kind of stuff.

Yes, he lost his loving and caring father, he seemed shocked and insecure what to do, especially on stage.

I loved it when they all hugged each other.

I loved it too seeing them chewing bubble gum, that was so familiar.

Chewing gum reminded of Michael.

aw, yeah i agree kinga :yes:
they are all reflections of michael in their own unique,beautiful ways :better::angel: i love them so much ,bless their hearts. :wub:

Last edited:
Ppl I honestly think we should refrain from judging or speculating about the kids or their emotions too much by only looking at them when they (had to) act in front of billions of ppl knowingly.

In case they are coming here and they're reading here and we're only assuming wrong... it could be an awkward feeling for them. Please keep that in mind... they're kids.

I agree that was my thought about Prince also..lol he reminded me so much of Michael chewing that gum. He was trying to be strong I think. Probably in shock. poor babies.

Did you notice Blanket chewing that gum too...lol...like father like sons..

Prince was very strong. Michael would be so proud to see his son be so strong.

I can't say how he felt, but I think he just did his very best to cope with what is going on.

I think prince can act they way he wants to act. i dont doubt that he is in pain.

Back