why were they all wearing sunglasses?

Nuu

Proud Member
Did anyone else think it was odd that the Jackson family were all wearing sunglasses at the memorial service? I noticed the gloves too, and thought that was sweet, but why the sunglasses?

but it was a memorial service! surely people would have understood if they were crying..

to keep some privacy! you can look through the eyes into ppls soul at times. But not everybody wants to give you that entry.

Well, there's no rules with regard to these memorials per se. I went to a couple of funerals, one of a victim of a murder-suicide and another of a murder victim and I remember that the vast majority of people were wearing sunglasses. People don't like to show weakness I suppose.

I thought it was because Michael wore sunglasses no matter what.

Michael always wore sunglasses to award shows. They all looked so united together, it was great to see.

:doh:

Peeps always wear subglasses at funerals and such. Its to hide the pain and tears.

Yes actually that's the truth and to honour Michael, I think it was wonderful to see them wearing white gloves and sunglasses, it was beautiful!!!

Blanket showing love to his father by showing some sock and wearing those loafers was very touching as well.

i reckon for both the fact Michael wore sunglasses a lot to award shows and such, and to hide the tears and the pain they felt, which you can tell from someone's eyes.

I loved how all the brothers wore matching outfits, it was so sweet x

I thought along with the glove, it was a tribute to their brother

you are exactly right this is why they wore the sunglasses they also had on the white glove. I think they thought people were smart enough to get the connection.

WOW y don't u call them and tell them that they didn't need to wear the glasses. they were crying constantly and needed to present a united front for michael's CHILDREN.

I was watching a clip of Michael wiping Prince's face and he was wearing sunglasses.....in the house lol. But no seriously, like everyone has said it was probably just a comfort for them....

I assumed it was a tribute to Michael seeing as he NEVER took those damn av's off :p

You know, I think it also worked really well as yet another way to put the focus where it ought to be, especially regarding the press. Now the press has to print photos of the entire Jackson family in sunglasses, presenting a united front and honouring their brother. I'm sure they'd much rather have a few nice shots of say, Janet's bloodshot eyes and running mascara if they got the chance, and all of a sudden everything would be much more sensationalized. This way, they could mourn in peace and pay hommage to Michael at the same time.

Back