who were some of the other famous people at the memorial?

daft gran

Proud Member
Mike Tyson was there
The Kardashian family.
Any others (not talking about those who performed who gave speeches)

Some that I've read that were there are P. Diddy, Chris Brown, Corey Feldman, Wesley Snipes, Dionne Warwick, Spike Lee, LeVar Burton, Mickey Rooney. I personally saw Lil' Kim on my way out of the stadium. Probably tons more...

Last edited:
Yeah, see, the memorial was focus on the stage and you couldn't really see who was really there. But a lot of celeb friends were there. Earth, Wind and Fire were there.

Babyface was giving commentary with Katie Couric on CBS' coverage. He talked about how he met Michael in the early 70s (he's also from Indiana), and other stories of his time spent with Mike. But he wasn't actually in the building. He was outside with Katie.

Some that I've read that were there are P. Diddy, Chris Brown, Corey Feldman, Wesley Snipes, Dionne Warwick, Spike Lee, LeVar Burton, Mickey Rooney. I personally saw Lil' Kim on my way out of the stadium. Probably tons more...
I thought he was in jail for some kind of tax thing.

Mike Tyson was there. Don King as well.

The great Lou Ferrigno of course too.

Kathy, Rich and Nicky Hilton - if they are famous enough.

Nicole Richie and Joel Madden

Little Richard, Patti Austin, Teddy Riley

Greg Phillanges(sp?) who played Keyboards on the Bad Tour, and was the musical director for the Dangerous tour was there and played with Michael's This is It band.

People reported that Tyler Perry was there. Natalie Cole was there, recently recovered from her kidney transplant. Cecily Tyson talked to CNN after the memorial. Patti Austin was there and interviewed on LKL last night. Akon and Sean Combs (P. Diddy) were there.

John Singleton (director of Remember the Time and other movies) was there.

we were seated behind usher,magic johson,kobe bryant and his wife,the kardashians,robert townsend, and omarion were behind us. Evan ross, and jesse jackson were on our left,james ingram sat in front to our right,larry king was also a few rows ahead of us. kyla pratt sat in the tiers kind of by ecas,and that black guy who played sweetness in roll bounce. Terry crews and missy were there. it was alot of celebs. oh and tiffany "new york" pollard was outside of havenhurst with the fans after the memorial

Liz Taylor is kinda frail, it's probably not good for her to do a lot of going around. Everybody in Mike's life can't be there, Sophia Loren wasn't there, and I'm pretty sure many of the non celebrity members of the Jackson family wasn't there either. I know they have relatives in Louisiana.

liz said mj wouldn't want her to put her grief on a public stage. she was respecting that

um spike lee's ass was two rows in front of us taking pics. robert townsend but then he moved cuz he was at the wrong seat.

evan ross and jesse jackson were not on the floor but on the (facing the stage) far left side.

lori petty was also near them.

the kardashians were two rows behind us, kobe was in front of us and magic in front of him. jon mayer was in teh same row as them. gladys knight was near us and miko brando.

gil, jan's bestie and choreographer was there in the row ahead of us on the far right. tyler perry was near spike.

so many but we were in a daze

we didn't see him at the public one.

and new york was a straight up mess. u had 'fans' trying to take pics with her. she brought some walmart flowers in some 99cent store vase.

Back