Artists Deaths That Have Touched You The Most

Cinnamon234

Proud Member
Many artists death's have touched me, but two artists I have always been fascinated with and whose deaths have touched me the most are:

:angel::angel::angel:

michael-jackson.jpg

Michael pretty much goes without saying. He was/is my favorite artist. His death has had the biggest impact on me of any celebrity. I was completely devastated and beside myself when I learned of his passing and I am still grieving right now. No matter what though, he will always be my #1. NO ONE can ever replace him in my heart. I am hurting so much for him. I really miss him so much. Sometimes I don't know what to do with myself. I love this man so much and he was such a big part of my life. Words can't even describe how much he means to me. I don't think i'll ever truly get over MJ dying. Things just feel so unresolved for me. I just can't make peace with his death, at least not now.

terrell-sm.jpg

Tammi Terrell

I've always loved Tammi Terrell since I was a kid and first saw the video for "Aint No Mountain High Enough". I loved her voice and thought she was so spunky and cute.

I've always wondered what my fascination was with Michael and Tammi though and now I think I know. Besides me just loving both of their voices and adoring their music, both had innocent, sweet child like qualities to them, which i've always found endearing. Well Tammi was a sassy little thing lol, but she was like a woman-child in many ways. She was only 24 afterall when she passed. Michael wasn't always Mr. Innocent either lol, but overall he was very caring and loving as we all know. Not too many adults have that innocent quality about them that MJ did. He was very unique and special in that way. I've never seen anyone else like him.

Michael and Tammi I have always loved and adored for some reason though. I wasn't even alive when Tammi died, but I have listened to all her solo records, read books about her and just became a huge fan over the years. I sometimes wonder if I'm the only hardcore Tammi Terrell fan. I don't know of too many people who love her like I do and there isn't much information about her out there.

Either way, their deaths have touched me more than anyone. I know not everyone believes in the afterlife and heaven, but I do and it comforts me in some way to think that both Michael & Tammi are up there in Heaven smiling and singing away with their beautiful angelic voices. I love them both so much. I really wish I could have met them . One of my biggest regrets is that I never got a chance to see Michael in concert. Don't think I can ever get over that one. I've seen everyone else that I wanted to see except Michael...it just sucks so much that he's not here.

Karen Carpenter, of The Carpenters, was my favorite female singer, and now Michael Jackson, whom I have been a fan of since the 70's!! The King Of Pop will always be in my heart, as will Karen.

Michael Jackson and Anna Nicole Smith. They both had life styles that are just completely uncomprehendable to a 'normal' person like myself. Fascinating lives! I was more interested in the whole saga of Anna Nicole's son dying, then all of the sudden she is gone too...now who gets baby Dannie-Lynne?? It was so sad. I feel a lot more compassion for Michael's life and his passing because he did so, so, so much more for the world than Anna Nicole did...

Beside the greatest loss, Michael, one death that touched me was that of Freddie Mercury. I was very young but I have memories of watching I want to break free and just loving it. I found out a few years later, still young, that Freddie had passed away and remember just being incredibly upset and sad. Freddie and Queen, aside Michael were my introduction to music. I'll always remember Freddie Mercury, the second greatest performer and singer of all time.

Freddy Mercury and now Michael Jackson.

I thought Freddy was extremely brave in the face of his life sentence which AIDS is. He fought it bravely and he didn't let on to the rest of his band until it was obvious to see he was dying. Like Michael, most of Freddie's later songs were about his life and about how life must go on, etc.

MJ as we know sung about the shit going on in his life from the media.

So far only Michael. I know however, whenever Stevie (Wonder) leaves us, if he leaves before me, it'll be tough.

I also think some of the heavy weights of 80s pop music, whenever they pass will also affect me. People like Prince, Madonna, George Michael, Janet. I think maybe not as much for their works, although I'm a fan of each of them to varying degrees, but because they provided the soundtrack to my childhood.

Jeff Buckley's death really upset me. I discovered him only a couple of months after he drowned after a classmate recommended Grace to me. I immediately fell in love with him when I first listened to it. I'm still sad about his death. So much talent and potential and he seemed like such an awesome guy, incredibly interesting and he was completely committed to his music. If he hadn't gone into that river, he'd still be alive. :(

I can name a few that saddened me for a day or 2: Leath Hedger, River Phoenix, Freddy Mercury and a handfull of dutch singers/ actors that died.

I'm 32 years old, very down-to-earth-girl, realy don't understand what's happening with me, cause now with Michael Jackson I'm saddened already for three weeks and I just can't let go. And I wasn't even a fan so much for his music.
Heath Ledger for example, I liked his movies... was more sad that I wouldn't see any new movies of him.. But I didn't realy care for him as a personality. I loved M.J. for his persona, for his kindness, his message, his caring, his loving...

michaels passing has effected me like no other not even family members that have passed made this impact on me.im devastated

Michaels hurt me more than anything ive ever felt

i was saddened by heath ledger aswell, especially after i seen the dark knight

To be completely honest, Michael's death is the only celebrity/artist death that as touched and affected me the most. It's crazy because I've never gotten this way over any celebrity dying. Nobody. I was sad for the person and the family but I never cried or had it affect me this deeply. Very strange feeling that probably won't go away for a long time.

If we're talking artists, then the only one I can think of was James Brown.

As for celebrities in general, I'll have to say Steve Irwin and Heath Ledger's deaths made me pretty upset too.

But nothing compared to Michael of course.

Karen Carpenter, of The Carpenters, was my favorite female singer, and now Michael Jackson, whom I have been a fan of since the 70's!! The King Of Pop will always be in my heart, as will Karen.

I remember when she passed away. My mom listened to her music and I remember hearing about her passing. It didn't hit me because I didn't know who she was compared to her music. But then I remember watching some primetime special they aired not long after her passing and then I realized who she was and then it hit me.

I'm sorry if this seems insensitive, but Kurt Cobain's death didn't mean **** to me. The fact that he had a kid made me sad, but other than that, I didn't care. To me, I was like...well....I hope this finally kills "grunge" rock. That's what I'm saying. That's real. Sorry, yall. I just hated all that early 90's B.S. with all the flannels and doc boots and all that.

The only other "celebrity" death that hit me was probably actor Jimmy Stewart and President Ronald Reagan and James Brown. There's probably more, but I've put them in the back of my mind so I could get on with living.

But no passing away has had more impact than MJ for me. He meant more to me than any other living figure during my lifetime. The only other human being that meant more to me was/is Jesus Christ, but as far as mortal human beings, Michael Jackson was/is IT. MJ had such a major influence on me as a kid growing up in the eras of Thriller, Bad, and Dangerous...and as a teenager during HIStory and a married parent during Invincible.

Honestly, speaking for ALL generations (my parents included)...I don't think any artist "death" will ever have more impact than MJ. Elvis and John Lennon were huge yes....but Mike was MUCH bigger than either Elvis or The Beatles (sorry guys...I dig Elvis and Beatles, but I gotta be honest here). And I think his impact postmortem will be even greater will alltogether be greater than ANYONE before him (and probably anybody in the future).

Jeff Buckley's death really upset me. I discovered him only a couple of months after he drowned after a classmate recommended Grace to me. I immediately fell in love with him when I first listened to it. I'm still sad about his death. So much talent and potential and he seemed like such an awesome guy, incredibly interesting and he was completely committed to his music. If he hadn't gone into that river, he'd still be alive. :(

Me too...
I love Jeff as much as I love Michael. They both held me together when ive been really down.
Jeff could have been the only other person to reach Michael's level had he lived :( in my opinion.

morbid morbid topic...I hate it when people are fascinated with death. "which one is worse - this or that?" it should be about what we do life not how we die

Me too...
I love Jeff as much as I love Michael. They both held me together when ive been really down.
Jeff could have been the only other person to reach Michael's level had he lived :( in my opinion.

Oh, yes. Jeff Buckley. I have listened to him for years now and it was only a year after discovering him that I found out he had died and the way in which his life was taken was so tragic. Jeff was incredibly talented. I adore his voice, so haunting.

Back