EXCLUSIVE: Michael Jackson's guitarist Orianthi speaks out**FULL AUDIO INCLUDED**

ClassX

Proud Member
In just a few seconds of the song They Don't Care About Us, millions of fans understood what Jackson, Steve Vai, Carlos Santana and Eric Clapton, among others, have come to realize.

That the Australian-born Orianthi (full name: Orianthi Panagaris) is a dedicated guitarist who takes her craft seriously.

"Since I was three, music's been my life," Orianthi told MusicRadar in this excusive MusicRadar podcast. "I'm lucky that my family is musical. Music was encouraged. So when I saw Carlos Santana play and decided to really pursue the electric guitar in earnest, it was OK. My parents knew I was going to go for it."

Orianthi went for it alright, quitting school at 15 to devote herself to the guitar. A CD of hers made its way to Santana, who invited the fellow PRS-devotee to play with her on stage when he performed in Adelaide. "Since that moment, I knew I made the right choice," she says.
Big-time friends, big-time fans

"I can't believe I got to play with him, and I can't believe he's gone. It hasn't sunk in yet" Orianthi on Michael Jackson

Since that time, Orianthi has shared stages with Steve Vai, Jeff Beck, Prince and ZZ Top. But it was her star-turn performance with Carrie Underwood at the 2009 Grammy Awards that caught the eye of Michael Jackson's musical director. Asked to audition for Jackson's This Is It concert run, Orianthi nailed the gig on the first try.

All of which is now a surreal, bittersweet experience.

"I can't believe I got to play with him," Orianthi says, "and I can't believe he's gone. It hasn't sunk in yet." That today would have been the official start of Jackson's 50-date residency at London's O2 Arena hasn't escaped Ori. "It would have been so great, she says. "Michael really wanted to make those shows his personal best."

In the following podcast, Orianthi discusses working with Michael Jackson, and talks candidly about her last rehearsal with him. Switching gears, the 24-year-old superstar-in-the-making describes her early years as a player, her influences as a guitarist and vocalist, and she reveals details about her upcoming major-label debut.

For the audio just go to
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guit...jacksons-guitarist-orianthi-speaks-out-212824

very interesting
she discusses her fisrt audition before Michael
Playing BEAT IT _ and discusses how he directed her
and encouraged her on stage -

Also discusses how healthy and vibrant he was durung the last rehersal
and how he was directing and joking and did not seem wekl or sick at all.

I tend to believe those who were with MJ
during the 3 months of rehearsals rather than
those who try to portray MJ as a sick drugged out
washed out has been .. who couldnt perform his 02
concerts .. They have alterior motives for saying that.

If MJ was alive today
we would be enjoying his best work ever
and I truly believe that _ he was Still ..
The King Of POP

Thank you for this. It's good that those who were close to him these past months are speaking out.

Back