L.A. Mayor says it's rediculous to try to make Michael's family pay for his funeral

MJ generated several billions for US. and to think some fans donated to LAPD...

Ahhhh Santa Barbara happily nearly went bankrupt trying to bring him down, but LA don't want to pay for his funeral. Bar stewards.

Maybe people wouldn't be so hesitant about donating money to help pay if they were at least allowed to watch the memorial on a screen outside...

I could understand maybe the family giving a donation, if they felt that they wanted to. Since the city was very courteous to them. But they shouldn't have to pay for the entire thing. There shouldn't be any obligations for them.

And I agree, maybe the fans would feel much more apt to donate if the memorial was geared more towards the fans. I know that it is a memorial and it is personal, and I know that they were given tickets to come inside and watch, but did the Jackson's honestly have 9,000 personal friends that felt they needed to come and grieve for Michael? I'm sure that there were 9,000 fans somewhere who would have loved to be there...

I'm just saying! Take my two cents with a grain of sand because I may be one of the few people who think this...

Janice Hahn is onto something. She is gonna make the point that money was actually made by the city from people coming in and buying goods and staying in hotels, etc to attend the event.

bullshit. aeg can pay.it was THEIR arena that 'hosted' this and THEIR idea to do a PUBLIC memorial. im sure if they had THEIR way THEY'D have charged fans....but oh well.

Back