Monologue on Jennifer Hudson's performance

Arkar13

Proud Member
"Jennifer Hudson’s performance was “backed” by the real Michael Jackson singing, where he, during the spoken monolog of the song she performed, mistakenly substituted the word “PainS” with an S for the original word in the text: “Pain” without an S ! How many viewers noticed this faux pas or …. did not ? Was it a hint, a deliberate “throw it out into the crowd and see who catches it” hint ?" See the original version of the monologue, michael jackson says Pain! "

Ive found this somewhere :S can someone explain it ?

I have heard about this difference too. So the original wording is "my pain" and the version at the memorial sounded like "my painS" and the plural also is shown on the onscreen lyrics (as I watch the youtube video).

Could it be an alternate take of the recording, or a sound recording from a previous live performance?

So I'm not the only one noticing this... :)
A guess would be that Michael was supposed to perform WYBT during TII and since they've recorded the rehearsals (probably including multi track vocals/instruments), they went back and took out the acapella or the entire track from a rehearsal where Michael might have sang his own lyrics "wrong".
If you listen to the sermon from the memorial it does sound a bit distorted and "lofi", which makes me think it's not from a studio recording but more from a rehearsal or something.

But again, this is just my guess.

Back