Favorite Beauty Products

strawberrypie999

Proud Member
I was just curious what everyones favorite beauty products were. I'm a total girly-girl and addicted to trying new things...so I was just wondering what all is out there that actually is worth trying????

I used to work at Bath and Body Works so I LOVE them and have TONS of their stuff. Their Japanese Cherry Blossom body scrub is an essential lol, and I love Victoria Secrets Body Butter in Sweet Temptation, along with their Eau De Toilette. I ALWAYS have those 3 things, if nothing else.

What about you guys (or should I say girls?? lol) ??

Oh my sweet lord you just hit on one of my most favorite things in the whole wide world! I could talk about this forever.

I have ADD when it comes to skincare and makeup. I just can't seem to stick to a certain product no matter how much I love it. It's because of this that my skin sometimes pays the price.

My top favorites brands for makeup are Bare Escentuals (especially their foundation) and MAC (particularly the eyeshadows), plus I love their Back 2 MAC program.

Another foundation I really love is Rimmel London's Lasting Finish 16-Hour Foundation. It gives excellent coverage and feels and looks nice. The lightest color is still a bit dark on me though. I actually wear this on days when it's just too hot to wear BE (I'm the exact opposite of most people, BE ends up feeling like an oil slick when I wear it in hot weather).

As for skincare, I'm just all over the place. I like some stuff from Serious Skin Care (available on HSN) and some Clinique products. But lately i've been finding myself checking out more drugstore brands and found some good stuff.

My current skincare routine is as follows

Morning:
Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser (awesome stuff, I've been using off and on for years, again it's because of the "ADD" lol)
Aveeno Positively Ageless Rejuvenating Serum
Clinique Superdefense Moisturizer SPF 25
L'Oreal Skin Genesis Multi-Layer Cell Strengthening Daily Treamtnet Eye Serum
L'Oreal Advanced Revitalife Eye Cream

Night:
Everything the same except I use Neutrogena Ageless Restoratives Anti-Oxidant Night Moisturizer
Haha, see? I told you I could go on about this forever! :)

OMG You are just like me then! LOL I love it all, it just makes you feel good when you do stuff like that for yourself!

I love MAC blush and mascara more than anything. I kind of like their Lip Jelly but it is really sticky and I have kind of medium-long hair and it blows in my lips and gets all sticky too lol.

Yeah Netrogena makes great foaming washers. I use one of them.

I have Lancome lipglosses. My lips are so sensitive that I can't go out without applying one.

I used to love a mascara from a Korean brand but the price has soared so now I'm using Loreal's double extension mascara. It can be removed so easily that's why I like it.

These days 'baked type' eyeshadows and highlighters are fad in here.
I have some, but I usually don't wear them.

Ah. There are two sunblock creams I use everyday. They are Korean products, so I don't think you guys know them. LOL One of them is MISSHA's safe block 'water in Sun'.
It's just like 7 dollars! Not as greasy as many sunblocks from many international brands.

Ah. I wish I could buy one more bottle(?) of Vitamin facial massage oil of Jason. They don't sell in Korea.

Aveda, cleanser, exfoliator and moisturiser.
Foundation Mac Select
Eyeshadow, Mac eyeshadows
Mascara - YSL false lash
blusher -Mac
Lip gloss - Mac and Lancome

Perfume - Tom Ford Black Orchid, Creed Love In Black and Calvin Klien Secret Obsession

Hair products - Organix coconut milk shampoo and conditioner. Natural coconut oil. Redken heat glide and detangler.

Does anyone know of a mascara that makes your lashes really, really dark and also really, really thick but won't like flake off all over your face?? I have been looking for a good quality mascara FOREVER and needless to say i am still looking, lol.

I'm a MAC girl. I do not leave the house w/o my skinfinish, and my penultimate liner.

The only make-up I ever wear is eye make-up: currently rimmel eyeshadow and maxfactor mascara although I do chop and change as time goes by.

I HATE the feel of foundation on my face, especially when it's hot plus I'm so sensitive to everything that I have to be careful. I'm also very white so it just looks too dark on me and anyway I am embracing my "goth" skin lol. I have clear skin with a few tiny freckles under my eyes and I don't have wrinkles yet so I am enjoying being foundation-free for as long as I can get away with it.

On my lips, instead of using lipgloss I actually use nipple cream. That's not as crazy as it sounds lol, it hydrates my lips for the entire day and gives that same shine as lipgloss does plus a tube lasts ages.

As for skincare I have to use non-perfumed non-coloured non-soap non-everything as I'm so sensitive. "Simple" are a good brand. I also have to use sunscreen or a moisturiser with added sunscreen as I BURN in the tiniest amount of sun eek!

I was just curious what everyones favorite beauty products were. I'm a total girly-girl and addicted to trying new things...so I was just wondering what all is out there that actually is worth trying????

I used to work at Bath and Body Works so I LOVE them and have TONS of their stuff. Their Japanese Cherry Blossom body scrub is an essential lol, and I love Victoria Secrets Body Butter in Sweet Temptation, along with their Eau De Toilette. I ALWAYS have those 3 things, if nothing else.

What about you guys (or should I say girls?? lol) ??

I don't like wearing a lot of makeup, but when I do, it's minimal and accents what is necessary. I like bare essentials, PINK, and Cetaphil products. I also generally use drugstore makeup. I am a serious minimalist.

Back