Votes: 23 5.3%
  • Christina

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Beyoncé

Votes: 28 6.4%
  • Pink

Votes: 3 0.7%

• Total voters
I'd nominate Diane Warren. She's been creating hits for decades and wrote for many of the singers in the list above.

Last edited:
Madonna! Not my favorite on that list, but I do think she has talent and for her to have had as much success and longevity as she has, she must be doing something right. She's had a big impact on pop culture and deserves the title of the Queen of Pop.

In terms of worldwide popularity and the impact she's had on the culture Madonna should win, but I voted for Janet who is the most exciting performer on the list for me.

I can't choose because Madonna and Janet are my top two. Madonna has been around for a long time, but Janet brought dance and excitement to pop for female singers.

speaking of queen of pop
i thinking of dana ross
2nd cher
3rd janet jackson
4th whitney
5th mariah
last on my list madonna
pink,beyoce and others i already forget about them
maybe next year while unheard/undiscoverd girls will come with new music
then music will be different then it now is?

In terms of media/public opinion then Madonna is the Queen Of Pop but I actually much prefer Whitney in terms of singing and Janet in terms of music/performance and music video. Cher should be a candidate I think since she has been around for a long long time and has a big fanbase and is known for putting on good shows.

Wikipedia among many other sites state that the title is already Madonna's. I think it's pretty much a no-brainer. *shrug*

Once again... people may not like her (just like not everybody likes MJ, believe it or not) ... but she is definitely The Queen.

I don't understand the hype around Madonna. I've even heard her mentioned in the same breath as Michael, Bob Dylan, Elvis, The Beatles et al, being called a "legend of music."

:O

To me, to be a legend you must be gifted at something. Bob is a gifted songwriter. Michael is a gifted singer, songwriter and dancer. Madonna is gifted at nothing! She is like the Britney Spears of the 80's. Come on people! I honestly don't get it. She may be an icon to many people but she will never be a legend.
I read this about her:
I don't mind that I see her face on every magazine cover; I certainly don't mind that she is obscene; I don't even mind that she can't sing, can't dance, can't act and is nonetheless the most famous person on the planet. What I can't stand about Madonna is that she thinks she's an artist.
.....!!

Back to the topic..haha, the queen of pop is yet to be crowned..

Madonna is actually a capable songwriter. She's co-written several of her hits. She does have talent. Britney doesn't write anythng for the most part, Madonna is much more talented than Britney any day, so not a good comparison imo.

Madonna is actually a capable songwriter. She's co-written several of her hits. She does have talent. Britney doesn't write anythng for the most part, Madonna is much more talented than Britney any day, so not a good comparison imo.

Hi, nice to be in discussion with you! :)
Well in my opinion, you could say Britney is a much better dancer than Madonna. Her talent lies there?
Britney has co-written some songs as far as I know. I know "Everytime" was at least in part written by her.

Hi, nice to be in discussion with you! :)Well in my opinion, you could say Britney is a much better dancer than Madonna. Her talent lies there?
Britney has co-written some songs as far as I know. I know "Everytime" was at least in part written by her.

Right back atcha!:)

What I feel seperates Britney and Madonna though is that Britney is more of a puppet to me. People tell Britney what to do, she might have some imput, but it's very minimal. As far as her songwriting goes, Britney hasn't written much at all. Maybe she's co-written a handful of songs, , while Madonna has had significant imput in many of her songs. She did afterall write "Everybody", "Burning Up", and "Lucky Star" among others on her own. She's a better songwriter than Britney (who's never written a song on her own). Madonna takes orders from no one. I feel she is more creative and more of a visionary. I think Madonna although not a great singer, is still a better vocalist than Britney. Just listen to the Evita soundtrack or certain songs on "Like A Prayer or "Ray of Light". Britney could never pull that off as she has no range. As far dancing goes, I guess it depends on which type of dancing you prefer but that's the only area where i'd say they're comparable.

Madonna's music is much better and more meaningful than Britney's though. Britney doesn't have much to say at all in her music. Madonna at least always had a point or was trying to push people's button's. Madonna is a much better artist overall imo.

Without a doubt its Madonna. No other female artist has sold more, impacts the media more and she's the biggest selling female artist of all time.

I don't think there is such a thing as Queen of Pop.

But it would be Madonna if I had to choose.

Madonna. Not one of my favourites, but has pretty much always been present and producing hits since the 80s, so I guess that deserves some recognition. Britney is the princess, Justin the prince. That's how I picture the royal family of pop anyway.
Although King Michael is totally in a league of his own.. he's the ruler. King of the Music Jungle! :D

In reality, Madonna is the Queen of Pop. However, I personally find Janet to be a better artist, but Madonna is undeniably the queen.

Without a doubt its Madonna. No other female artist has sold more, impacts the media more and she's the biggest selling female artist of all time.

:yes: Yep. Again, she is a controversial American public figure/icon just like Michael is, so many people do not like her (just like many dislike MJ)... but the crown is hers.

:yes: Yep. Again, she is a controversial American public figure/icon just like Michael is, so many people do not like her (just like many dislike MJ)... but the crown is hers.
People dislike Madonna for different reasons than Mike. Madonna is disliked for her persona for the most part, not her private life. Michael has few if any controversies for his music/image, it's more for what people think about his personality & private life.

People dislike Madonna for different reasons than Mike. Madonna is disliked for her persona for the most part, not her private life. Michael has few if any controversies for his music/image, it's more for what people think about his personality & private life.

Oh trust me, people have talked all kinds of shit about how Madonna has lived her private life. Also... there are MANY people who do not care for Michael's music at all. Of course... now more people do. :smilerolleyes:

Back