Janet Jackson, along with dancers, will be paying tribute to Michael Jackson at 2009 MTV VMA's.

Jermaine

Proud Member
I found this on Wade Robson's bulletin on MySpace:

WADE ROBSON, MIA MICHAELS, BRIAN FRIEDMAN, CRIS JUDD, TRAVIS PAYNE, TINA LANDON, DAVE SCOTT, TYCE DIORIO, JERRY SLAUGHTER, LAURIE ANN GIBSON & GIL DULDULAO ARE PERFORMING WITH JANET JACKSON ON THE MTV VMA AWARDS ON SEPTEMBER 13TH IN TRIBUTE TO MICHAEL JACKSON.

MTV has also confirmed the performance:
Believe what you heard. Janet Jackson WILL open the 2009 MTV VMAs on Sunday, September 13 with a very special musical tribute to her late brother, Michael Jackson.

A Janet Jackson appearance is enough to keep you glued to your TV, but Janet Jackson paying tribute to Michael Jackson's memory is going to be simply unmissable.

We'll let you know more once we get to Radio City and give you backstage access to the VMAs all weekend.

But until then, watch Janet and Michael Jackson team up in their epic "Scream" video -- it won three VMAs in 1995 -- and tell us how you think Janet Jackson should open the 2009 MTV VMAs.
SOURCE: http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2009/09/0...as-with-a-musical-tribute-to-michael-jackson/

Excited!

Last edited:
yay! I figured when her friend and Choreographer Gil posted on FB that he just got done with tryouts/rehearsals for the MJ MTV tribute. I had a hunch Janet would be a part of it :)

Ohhh this is going to be nice! And I am sure very touching too.

This will be nice, bcuz Janet is not about to let anyone or tv awards show half step on her brother since she is involved..

Wow! Tina Landon and Janet Jackson?? Together?? They haven't spoken in years! Not sure what think of that!

No! The only thing that has cooled is their relationship, which is over since about 10 years!

Well, this is kinda off topic! To make it short, Tina's bf cheated on her and Janet got wind of it and thought it's not her place to tell Tina about it... apparantly Tina thought it would have been Janet's place to tell her!

This is exciting! I would think it would be very emotional for Janet though. But maybe it's helping her too.

Anyone know anything about the World Music Awards? Isn't Janet going to appear and accept an award for Michael. I think it's going to be taped at the end of the month.

*falls out of chair*

OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

This must be a tribute to Mike for his influence on dancing!! All those people listed are choreographers!

OMFGGGGGGGGG!! I'M SO EXCITED! JANET'S GOING TO SHUT IT DOWN!!

I think it was on Extra and Wade gave an interview about Michael and I think he said they were going to recreate Thriller

It sounds really great!!! Nice... I'm remembering MJ's MTV VMA95 performance:)
That's one of his greatest perform, I think

Is MTV promoting this in their commercials for the award show? Or is this supposed to be a "suprise"?

I can't wait to see the tribute. I know Laurie Ann Gibson worked with MJ on the prison version of TDCAU.

does anyone know a live streaming site that will air it or know if Australian television will be airing it live on foxtel?i wish i lived in america lol

Great news if true! Janet is the person i'd like to see most take part in an MJ tribute because she is family and talented in her own right. I think she would do a great job. I hope this actually happens.

What do you think they're going to perform?? The dangerous performance maybe??? A medley with billie jean, beat it, thriller, bad, smooth criminal dangerous etc...???

Interesting...

Back