TII in Ireland

tarakino

Proud Member
Do you find it weird that Ireland is not listed in the countries showing TII?
I checked the new TII website and Ireland is not there.
Any ideas?

Or may be they merged it with UK.

Will it be shown in Cork? I guess yes.

Do you find it weird that Ireland is not listed in the countries showing TII?
I checked the new TII website and Ireland is not there.
Any ideas?

Or may be they merged it with UK.

Will it be shown in Cork? I guess yes.

It better be shown here... it must be in Dublin...

sweet holy christ if this isnt shown in ireland ill personally send fish to sony through the post. me and the girlfriend will go to dublin if needs be! would be class if it was in limerick though.

hey lads

So glad I am not alone in wondering this. I rang Sony BMG Ireland on Friday and told them Irish fans are confused about Irish release of film. Also do we have to register for tickets. Guy I spoke to said he was aware in UK you had to register, but not sure of Ireland.
That I should speak to Sony Pictures. I asked for no., but he didn't know it. I then found no. but no one answers or replies to e-mail.

Tonight I e-mailed Cineworld in Dublin and Omniplex Cinemas. I hope they reply.
I did find this though, which a friend told me about. http://entertainment.ie/movie-film-trailers/This-Is-It/1084.htm

Any fans like to meet up and go see it together?

I checked the Cineworld website and it TII is listed in its up Coming Soon section.
http://www.cineworld.ie/cinemas/75?film=2905

Woo hoo - I'm so excited about it.

Thank you for that. Why does it say next 7 days? Does that mean we can pre book on Sep.21st?

Is it true parts are in 3D? As if So, Cineworld show 3D films and would then be the place to see it.

aww!! I am so happy for you guys. You need to see Michael up close and feel like he is talking to you only..take a hanki please!!

I contacted UCI cinemas and they sent me an email to say tickets were being released on 27th Sept.

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Tickets, according to the information we have recieved, will be on sale on 27th September.

Yours

Odeon Guest Services

So i guess it will be the same in all Irish cinemas.

I've emailed Dundrum, UCI, IMC DL and Swords.... One of them HAS to be showing it!!!!

Michael loved Ireland, they wouldn't leave us out.... :)

I contacted UCI cinemas and they sent me an email to say tickets were being released on 27th Sept.

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Tickets, according to the information we have recieved, will be on sale on 27th September.

Yours

Odeon Guest Services

So i guess it will be the same in all Irish cinemas.

Whoops just saw yours there, well at least they know demand is high! ;)

It seems the information for Ireland is just as lacking as it is in England. I can't understand why we seem to be seeing less factual/confirmed information coming from Sony (and no registration page etc) than other countries. Bizarre. SonyPictures.co.uk STILL DON'T have TII listed as 'coming soon'!
Is Sony in the UK and Ireland just useless, or is it something else?

Go on Cineworld. Have been going to that cinema since I was 17!

^ yeah it is Emerald. I really hope they play it in screen 17! they have to. It's a huge screen where they used to have the old Imax.

It really seems to be the only one listing it. Incidentally I couldn't find it before because it's listed Michael Jackson: This is It, and I stupidly was looking under the Ts for This is It.

Great!!!! That's my nearest cinema in Dublin!
(I'm not from there but live there for college.)
I'm so excited but I know I'm going to be so sad watching.

I know. It's going to be heartbreaking. And I wouldn't go if I had any feeling that Michael wouldn't want us to see his genius at work. But I think he would have wanted us to see what he had imagined for us, even if it wasn't the completed version. I already told my husband that he should expect me to cry from beginning to end.

It's my nearest cinema too. I have the monthly subscription. That's how much I go there!

I emailed Dundrum, got this:

"Hi,

We have currently not received any word as to whether or not we will receive
a copy of this. Personally, I am pushing for it to be shown here as I would
love to see it. When we receive confirmation, we will have films times etc
advertised online.

Regards,

Conor Church"

Maybe I'll be trekking into Parnell Street too! Is Cineworld near Mountjoy square?

^ At the bottom of O'Connell Street turn left on to Parnell. You can't miss it. It's on the other side of the road so you'll have to cross. It's a good way down the street, past Tesco, Eddie Rocket's, the Woolshed, etc.

nothin about limerick- GAY! christ above they know nothing like.

^ At the bottom of O'Connell Street turn left on to Parnell. You can't miss it. It's on the other side of the road so you'll have to cross. It's a good way down the street, past Tesco, Eddie Rocket's, the Woolshed, etc.

Oh I do know where it is! Thanks that helped jog the ole memory there!

Reply I got from Cineworld today.

Dear Mr Harold

Thank you for your email.

'Michael Jackson: This Is It' is due to be released on 28th October
2009, programme information and booking details will be available a few
weeks prior to release.

Regards
Emily White
Customer Service

I live in Kilkenny but will travel to Dublin to see it. I go to Cineworld alot when in Dublin and I agree Screen 17 is ace. If I have to go to the moon for it I will.

You're welcome, mc8755!

Reply I got from Cineworld today.

Dear Mr Harold

Thank you for your email.

'Michael Jackson: This Is It' is due to be released on 28th October
2009, programme information and booking details will be available a few
weeks prior to release.

Regards
Emily White
Customer Service

TEAR! Thank God!
*sad but happy*

I sure hope Omniplex here in Derry shows the movie.

What is with the 'ticket' business too?

Why can't we just walk into the cinema on October 28th and pay the cinema price to see the movie??

Sony Pictures are being so complex.

Also has anyone noticed on the "This is It" Mosaic there was no there was NO Ireland on the list of countries, had to choose UK. I am disappointed at this.

I am in Donegal, I hoping to be able to book tickets for both Letterkenny or/and Derry cinemas.

It will be sad seeing it, will be thinking what it would of been like going to the concerts as I was meant to next Feb in London. :(

I sure hope Omniplex here in Derry shows the movie.

What is with the 'ticket' business too?

Why can't we just walk into the cinema on October 28th and pay the cinema price to see the movie??

Sony Pictures are being so complex.

That is what I can't understand. Do we here in Ireland have to register? Never heard of having to register to see a film before for other big films e.g Star Wars.
Also why won't Sony Pictures in Ireland answer phones. I got a no. from the net and ranf 11811 who had a different no., but still no luck.

Back