Cha'Mone - Mo' Fo' Selecta - A Michael Jackson 'Tribute'. Oh noo!

Rockin.

Proud Member
I've just seen an add on E4 for a program, that I think they said will be on on thursday. ''Cha'Mone - Mo' Fo' Selecta - A Michael Jackson 'Tribute'. You might not want to click on the link.. theres a picture that might offend.

Info about the series -
''Bo Selecta!

Everyone's favourite Transylvanian stalker Avid Merrion was let loose on poor unsuspecting celebrities in this unique Channel 4 comedy. ''

If you haven't heard of it he basically dresses up as celebrities, wears rubber masks of them and makes fun of them..

''Can I get a reeewind?

Avid Merrion returns to your E4 tellybox with an exclusive tribute to the late King of Pop. 'Cha’Mone Mo'Fo' Selecta! A Tribute to Michael Jackson' will feature super special appearances from David Gest and Uri Geller alongside famous faces and some retro rubber-faced favourites.

Expect highlights from MJ's life - including his early days with his brothers, behind the scenes in the recording studio and a heartwarming appearance on Oprah. ''
http://www.e4.com/chamone/about.html

I can NOT believe they are doing a special on MJ and have the cheek to call it a tribute!

I'll be writing to them. If you feel its bad taste to do this so soon after his death you can do the same.

This is the only place I can find to contact them, it goes to channel 4.

http://help.channel4.com/SRVS/CGI-B...56036,K=4874,Sxi=0,USETEMPLATE=contact_ve.tem

Last edited:
I've seen him before, he isn't that funny. But he isn't mean towards MJ. I remember always saying SHAMONE MOTHER .... :lol: I don't think he intends to offend MJ or fans. So I'll watch.

whhaa he makes fun of people. its just another chance to laugh at michael...to make people laugh at michael. so soon after his death too, i just dont its right... and that pic

this guy is a fucking piece of shit!!

I reported this guy a few months ago and my original thread is still in the tabloid trash section.

I hate him

Take it easy, I hate people who teasing MJ, but this man is not direspectful over Michael and the Jackson family.

I don't find it funny. He is making people laugh by making fun of MJ..

I paid no attention to him before. But now he's doin' this right after his death...

I just saw him on tv advertising it, dressed as mj in that horrid mask and it made me wana puke.

Each to their own I guess.

Placenta paintball.. hmm. quite disgusting.

He might not be being explicitly offensive, bt he's still takin the piss..and 'haters' love that. It fuels their image of 'freak' they have.

Maybe I'm being too sensitive..?!

Last edited:
Leigh Francis's Jackson tribute

Leigh Francis's Jackson tribute
BAFCE8986ED86A0562D59C26CA8E4.jpg

pa.press.net

Bo' Selecta star Leigh Francis has said he thinks many people will find his new Michael Jackson tribute TV show "sick and twisted".
On Thursday E4 will screen his hour-long special Cha'mone - Mo' Fo' Selecta, featuring guests including former Spice Girl Emma Bunton.
Francis regularly played a joke version of Jackson, complete with red leather Thriller suit, in the cult Channel 4 comedy and said the new show was his way of saying goodbye to the singer, saying: "It's a look at his career basically, and I think a lot of people will think that I've done something really sick and twisted, but I'm a fan of Michael Jackson, a genuine fan, and I think when people watch it they will know that I am - I've got some moves!"
He added: "David Gest is in it, which is our licence to say that we are not doing anything wrong - he said it was cool what we are doing, and he was Michael's friend."
Francis rejected the suggestion it was too soon after Jackson's death to make a comedy show about him.
"There's going to be all these musical tributes and concerts that are going to happen and if I could sing, I would've like to have been involved in that but I do comedy and this is my tribute I suppose, and I've always done a Michael Jackson [sketch] since Bo' Selecta, so it's kind of a goodbye to Bo' Selecta's Michael Jackson.
"It's an affectionate tribute as you'll see."

How could the first thought that popped into your head after his death be lets make a skit of his life. I hate people who try to make there fortune through shaming someone else, why must people be so cruel, people are still greeving, i cant see how this will be an ''affectionat tribute'', i wont be watching this!!!!

This one definitely won't be funny. In the advert it even shows a clip of Dr. Murray impersonation.

Maybe I'm being too sensitive..?!

No, I don't think you're being too sensitive. He died not even 3 months ago, I don't even know how they can call it a 'tribute', it's a piss-take. I've never found the show funny, I think it's complete crap.

"David Gest and Uri Geller" - Great friends they must have been, well we know for a fact Uri's a crock anyway and this proves it more. Releases a documentary and tells us all how sad he is and then goes on a show which takes the piss out of somebody he apparently loved.

Back