A Nightmare On Elm Street (Remake) Thread (Updated) (New Photos)

Re: A Nightmare On Elm Street Remake Teaser Trailer Online!!!!

shame theres no robert englund :(

Yeah he used to scare me aswell. But anyways for those who clearly see robert englund is not reprising his legendary role as freddy and another actor jackie earle haley has taken over. For those who don't know who he is he played that masked character in 'Watchmen'. Besides robert had been playing freddy for 20 years and it's time to pass it onto someone else and from the looks of that makeup they sure went to great lengths to make him look like a real burned victim.

Oh Yeah, I can't wait until this is released and a perfect way for a return.

I found Johnny Depp getting killed on screen more frightening than Freddy!!!

My poor Johnny! :p

I see they kept a few "infamous" scenes from the original.....Rob Englund will always be Freddy to me, but I hope Jackie does a good job. My expectations are never too high for these "remakes" or "reboots", but I'm curious to see what happens with this one.

If they f*** up "Fright Night" or "American Werewolf in London", however, I just might give up on these flicks lol.

I see they kept a few "infamous" scenes from the original.....Rob Englund will always be Freddy to me, but I hope Jackie does a good job. My expectations are never too high for these "remakes" or "reboots", but I'm curious to see what happens with this one.

If they f*** up "Fright Night" or "American Werewolf in London", however, I just might give up on these flicks lol.

I hope the movie is done well also but this is taking place when he was much younger so he can't look like the older freddie.

I remember watching the old ones years ago. I must say this looks good from watching
the trailer. Just a bit crap that robert englund isn't playing freddie anymore.

It looks good but I'm gonna miss Freddy Being funny! That's why I was never scared when I was little cause Freddy was mad comical before he killed people..lol.

*Okies and for you all that don't know I heard they are gonna try and tell a lil of Freddy's back story on this. Well they did I think it was Freddy 5? the one with his daughter(movie child) in it and she killed him at the end cause she was the only one that could get into his mind.

Well Anyways, the reason why Freddy got burn is because they thought he was a child molestor and his daughter was taken from him. So his revenge was to kill teenagers in their dreams. Now in this film they are gonna make it as though Freddy maybe was not a molestor.

Don't read too much into to it. I thought I'd mention this because this was before the allegations with MJ but now that MJ is passed away it will make alot of people think at the movie theater when they go see it. I prob think it will make them think cause I'm a MJ fan but maybe the typical movie goer might not. Just thought it was interesting of how they put that bit in there.

I'm gonna go see it but Freddy posed to look like Freddy! lol. Wassup? but I think it will be good.

Unfortunately, i have high expectations for this film. I am a major fan of the originals, & Robert Englund was a damn scary Freddy. Lol. I do hope it's good, otherwise it's just another failed remake.

Unfortunately, i have high expectations for this film. I am a major fan of the originals, & Robert Englund was a damn scary Freddy. Lol. I do hope it's good, otherwise it's just another failed remake.

The "Halloween" remakes were sh*t - my sister was terrified of Freddy Krueger. I bought my brother a huge poster of him for Christmas one year and he stuck it opposite his bedroom door so she wouldn't go in nagging him....
When I see Robert Englund I think of him in "V" - anyone remember that, going back to the mid 80s now....
"they're "supposed to be doing a remake of "V" too.
"they" suck.....

Re: A Nightmare On Elm Street Remake Thread (Featurette is up!!)

The original 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' will be coming to blu-ray april 16.

Cant belive they are remaking this!
When I watched the origianal, it scared me for months!!
And you wonder why i prefere taking showers instead of baths??
All because of this film lol!!!
Too scary for me!!! Wont be watchin this one lol!

Good old, good old days... I have the original series in a collector's box - great movie!
I'm very curious about this remake now but too bad that Robert Englund isn't on anymore! :(

I concidently searched this on youtube a day or two after it came out , i also watched 2 and 3 on youtube a few days ago

Im looking foward to this though

I can't wait to see this. I've seen the original a few years back and I loved it!!!

I can't wait to see this. I've seen the original a few years back and I loved it!!!

Only a few years back? Not at least 10 years? :p

Only a few years back? Not at least 10 years? :p

No, I would've been only 11 and I don't think my mum would've allowed me to watch it then lol!!!

No, I would've been only 11 and I don't think my mum would've allowed me to watch it then lol!!!

Haha, now u got me! :D
Psssssst, tell u what - ten years ago I was 11, too! :D

New Photos
_1266866345.jpg

_1266866354.jpg

_1266866363.jpg

_1266866372.jpg

Second Theatrical One-Sheet Poster for Elm Street

Source:MySpace
February 23, 2010

The Nightmare On Elm Street updates are coming fast and furious these last few days. Hot on the heels of our set report, as well as our interview with new Freddy Krueger Jackie Earle Haley, not to mention the four pics that surfaced on-line earlier this evening, MySpace just debuted the new theatrical one-sheet poster for Platinum Dunes remake.

Rooney Mara, Kyle Gallner, Thomas Dekker, Katie Cassidy, Kellan Lutz, Clancy Brown and Connie Britton star in A Nightmare On Elm Street directed by Samuel Bayer. The film opens April 30th.

Nightmare-poster2.jpg
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=14238

Back