Productions & Guest Appearances

DuranDuran

Proud Member
Marlon produced Betty Wright's 1983 album "Wright Back At You". The album also has some songs written by some of the other brothers and also has Luther Vandross singing background on a few of the tracks. This song is called I Promise You
[youtube]RpI8_E41ee8[/youtube]

This is a song from 1978 Jermaine wrote and produced for Switch, who he also discovered.
I Wanna Be Closer

Jackie performs background vocals on White Heat from Madonna's 1986 album True Blue. Richard Marx is also on background.

Last edited:
When I was in elementary school, they used to show this film Free To Be... You And Me every year in the library on an ancient device called a film projector. :p I have it on DVD now. This is Michael with Roberta Flack singing When We Grow Up.

Last edited:
This is a video by Jermaine Dupri called Gotta Getcha. Janet appears in the video, but is not on the song itself.

Last edited:
Barry White wrote this song Rio de Janeiro with Marlon & Carol Jackson, which appears on Barry's 1981 album Beware!.

Last edited:
Marlon produced Betty Wright's 1983 album "Wright Back At You". The album also has some songs written by some of the other brothers and also has Luther Vandross singing background on a few of the tracks. This song is called I Promise You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqSSL3lpt1E&fmt=18

This is a song from 1978 Jermaine produced for Switch, who he also discovered.
I Wanna Be Closer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF8GJ8nlkNw&fmt=18

Jackie performs background vocals on "White Heat" from Madonna's 1986 album 'True Blue'. Richard Marx is also on background.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6fysAU8v3o&fmt=18

Jermaine has some good ears, because Switch and later DeBarge are a great group. I didn't know he discovered them.

Mike wrote and produced You're The One for Jennifer Holiday on her 1985 album Say You Love Me.
George & Louis Johnson co-wrote This Had To Be with Michael and appears on their 1980 album Light Up The Night. Mike is also on background vocals.

Last edited:
Kenny Loggins ~ Who's Right, Who's Wrong

Mike sang on Kenny Loggins 1979 song Who's Right, Who's Wrong. Richard Page, who was later in the band Mr. Mister also sings background.

Last edited:
From Kenny Loggins 1979 album Keep The Fire.
[youtube]6RCuROaJ7EI&fmt=18[/youtube]

lol...sounds like on this one, Michael, Loggins, and Earth Wind and Fire got together, had a conference, and decided to share ideas, and there were two outcomes. this song, and 'After The Love Is Gone' by Earth Wind and Fire. and the latter won out for the pop charts. lol

*one of my many appearances on threads of this subject matter, too. lol*

Joe King Carrasco & The Crowns ~ Don't Let A Woman (Make A Fool Out Of You)

Mike is singing backup on this 1982 tune from Joe King Carrasco

Last edited:
Luv Me Luv Me

Janet is singing the hook on Shaggy's Luv Me Luv Me. But she doesn't appear in the video.

Last edited:
Boyfriend/Girlfriend

Janet sings with Blackstreet on Boyfriend/Girlfriend, which also features Eve and Ja Rule. It was contained on Blackstreet's 1999 album Finally.

Last edited:
Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me

This is Kennedy Gordy AKA Rockwell. At the time Rockwell was Jermaine's brother in law, and he also grew up with the Jacksons. Jermaine asked Mike to sing on this tune, and Jermaine sings background vocals also. Another son of Berry's named Kerry was in a disco funk band named Apollo who released an album in the late 1970s.

Last edited:
Elton John & Janet Jackson - I Know The Truth

Here's a Elton John & Janet Jackson duet from 1999.

Last edited:
Bill Wolfer

Keyboardist Bill Wolfer released the album Wolf in 1982. Jon Gibson is doing the lead vocals on this track So Shy, and Michael performs background vocals.
Mike is also on background on this remake of The Temptations hit from the same album.

Last edited:
Melissa

Jermaine performs a duet with Spanish pop singer Melissa on the song Confesiones which was released on her 1986 album Melissa III.

Last edited:
Syreeta - To Know

Jermaine produced Syreeta's 1983 album The Spell. He also sings the background vocals on this track from the album, a remake of the Jackson 5 tune.

Last edited:
Beenie Man

Janet appears on Beenie Man's 2002 single Feel It Boy.

Last edited:
When I was in elementary school, they used to show this film "Free To Be... You And Me" every year in the library on an ancient device called a film projector. :p I have it on DVD now. This is Michael with Roberta Flack singing When We Grow Up.
[youtube]EwJaDK02CAk[/youtube]

I remember the TV special and I had the album (and now the CD) when I was little (I still have it) but unfortunately, Michael wasn't on either. It was a different cast from the film. They probably showed this film at my school but I don't remember it. Wish I could.

On the album from the TV special, it's Diana Ross who sings "When We Grow Up". Here is her version:

http://www.freetobefoundation.org/audio/when_we_grow_up.mp3

And the theme song "Free To Be, You And Me" is now being used in a commercial. Every time I hear it I'm eleven years old again. It's so folksy, hehe. We sang this song in school chorus.

http://www.freetobefoundation.org/audio/free_to_be.mp3

Roberta, Michael and Marlo:

photo_mirror.jpg

MDLT Willis

e8a3fb5f9c27ae4f4cf6fa22318345c743df2ad1.jpg

The J5 wrote and produced two songs for a group of sisters called MDLT Willis in 1974. The letters MDLT were the initials of the siblings 1st names: Maxine, Diane, Laverne, & Tina. The songs were on a single that was released on Joseph's short lived label called Ivory Tower International Records. The record didn't go anywhere so the other songs the group recorded were never released.
7e93b67a5207f449a1547013da8a495e0a460c80.jpg

Last edited:
Tramaine Hawkins

Tito (with Vassal Benford) produced these 2 songs on gospel singer Tramaine Hawkins' 1987 album Freedom.

On the song Freedom, Tito, Randy, Jackie, and Jermaine does the background vocals and the vocal arrangements.
Power was written by Tito, Vassal Benford, & David Ritz.

Last edited:
Paul McCartney

This duet with Mike appeared on Paul McCartney's 1983 album 'Pipes Of Peace'. Say Say Say was also on that LP.

Last edited:
Steven & Sterling

Tito produced this 1982 album from twin brothers Steven & Sterling.
n2ib8j.jpg

11m7rj4.jpg

[youtube]-sbNqH-geA4[/youtube]

Last edited:
Ralph Tresvant - Alright Now

Mike co-wrote this song with John Barnes. It appears on Ralph Tresvant's 1990 self-titled album.

Last edited:
i read somewhere tht jermaine did some work on one of ushers recent albums but i cant seem to find it

Donna Summer ~ State Of Independence

Here's 1982 studio footage of Donna Summer and other singers (including Mike) recording State Of Independence.

Last edited:
Usher

i read somewhere that jermaine did some work on one of ushers recent albums but i cant seem to find it
That's another Jermaine, who is part of a hip hop production team called The Runners. There's also a basketball player named Jermaine Jackson.

The Newtrons

Jackie & Randy sang background on this 1990 remake of I Want You Back, and Jackie also co-mixed it with Louil Silas Jr.

Back