4 years..

ASIS

Proud Member
So yeah I was just browsing through iMDB's board and someone asks this question... Why did MJ say 4 years? what happens then?

So are we gonna do something about that??? Michael said it but what about us?? I feel we should all realize that and start doing something about the enviroment!!!

I've stopped using electric lights, and started using candels and so in the evening, all for love :)

So are we gonna do something about that??? Michael said it but what about us?? I feel we should all realize that and start doing something about the enviroment!!!
People are doing something about it. The worlds governments hold meetings about climate change and set targets to reach. And there are TV ads for climate change encouraging people to use less power and waste less. Though I think we need to get moving a bit faster. The problem is some countries are reluctant to change, so it's moving quite slowly at the moment. We're getting there though.

yeah.. Problem is I don't even know where to begin. I only go out on weekends so I don't use cars all that much. I throw everything in the trash so it can get recycled. I don't smoke... Seriously what can I do?

yeah.. Problem is I don't even know where to begin. I only go out on weekends so I don't use cars all that much. I throw everything in the trash so it can get recycled. I don't smoke... Seriously what can I do?
Make sure to recycle, switch off lights and electrical appliances completely when they're not being used (don't leave things on standby or leave things like laptops plugged in when it's not needed), try to use your car as little as possible, only turn on the heating in your house when it's absolutely necessary and keep it as low as you can, when you brush your teeth don't leave the water running as you're doing it, have showers instead of baths. That kinda thing.

This site has more information - http://actonco2.direct.gov.uk/actonco2/home/what-you-can-do.html

Last edited:
Thanks Nova for clearing that up I was wondering what it mean't I always try to do all those things you mentioned as it also helps to save money, people who don't are just throwing money away !

I've stopped using electric lights, and started using candels and so in the evening, all for love :)

Great question. I am somewhat sensitive to the environmental issues, I always recycle and use less paper. I have been doing these little thing for years now. But after reading your question, I want to do more. For MJ, and for us.

As a scented candle fanatic: I did some research.

Candles cause pollution, not just the scented one. I use less candles (even though I really love having candles around) and now mostly use plug-ins.

Candle pollution

• 22 June 2002 by James Randerson
  • Magazine issue 2348

NEXT time you light a candle, you could be poisoning your whole household.
It's been known for some time that burning candles with lead-treated wicks can release fine particles of the toxic metal into the air. However, adding lead to the wick stiffens it and gives a more even burn.
Lead is particularly dangerous for children because it hampers brain development. Now researchers at the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in Durham, North Carolina have found that burning a leaded-wick candle raises particulates to dangerous levels not just near the candle but throughout the house.
Shirley Wasson and her team at the EPA measured particulate levels from eight brands of leaded-wick candles made in the Far East.

You don't have to stop using electric lights, just switch to the "led" technology, it uses very little power and gives as much light as a regular lightbulb.

They use lots of poison för bananacultures and they who works with it get sick and people also dies.They use poison for other vegetables and fruits too.
Its not dangerous for us who eats it,at lest not at once, but for the workers.
You can buy ecological whenever its possible.
you can choose to buy food which grows close to your town.
You can buy second-hand clothes.

Something should be done with old computers and other electronic stuff.
I read they sent it to Africa and it just lies there. children picks copper and other things they can sell.

some think obamas 4 years to change things. if they want to make an effort about the environment they wanna sart with shops and departments stores that use up huge amounts with all the unescessary lighting that they have on. no one mentions these its all about ppl in their houses with little lightbulbs

some think obamas 4 years to change things. if they want to make an effort about the environment they wanna sart with shops and departments stores that use up huge amounts with all the unescessary lighting that they have on. no one mentions these its all about ppl in their houses with little lightbulbs

You know I thought about that but MJ himself said something like "the goverment alone isn't going to help" or something along those lines. He wanted the people to wake up and i think he's talking about nova's link. Nothing to do with politics.

seriously is there any point in recycling things like plastic....

it gets shipped to china most of the time... and because of the decline in production there due to the world's economy,,,, they burn it! thus poisoning the people living next to the factories and the earth. ridiculous things like this happen all the time and most people don't even know about it. and then they worry about leaving a light on in their house. if i go out at night i am astounded by all the public buildings lit up like blackpool illumintions and then they try to make us feel guilty!?

and celebrities who tell us not to overfill our kettles but they are happy to fly around the world in their private jets. chris martin anyone?!

anyway, i'm not saying i dont do my bit, but sometimes i feel that they're taking the p. lol

seriously is there any point in recycling things like plastic...
what about al lthe chemicals and electricity etc that gets used in recycling? vicious circle

nd then they worry about leaving a light on in their house. if i go out at night i am astounded by all the public buildings lit up like blackpool illumintions and then they try to make us feel guilty!?
exactly

what about al lthe chemicals and electricity etc that gets used in recycling? vicious circle

exactly

glad someone agrees with me. i think a huge part of the responsibility lies on the packaging manufacturers to not make stuff that doesn't degrade. that way it wouldn't need recycling. there are ways i am sure to make packaging from things like rice etc for example there is rice based polystyrene stuff that is natural and degradable but when did u last buy something that was packaged in it. it's pathetic. also next time u go to the supermarket buy your vegetables and fruit loose instead of pre packaged. it's not only a waste but is a huge factor in food getting thrown away. people freak out if they see something 'out of date' in their fridge, when really it is ok most of the time. i know with meat it is a diff matter, but not with most other things.

omg think i need to join another type of forum to vent all my frustrations. or maybe buy a punchbag lol

Yes, a lot of responsibility lies with manufacturers and corporations. But a lot lies with us as well. We all have to do our bit to help the planet.
I totally agree about the issue of lights being left on in shops at night. It's such a waste. I know they need a bit of light to be able to identify burglars, but they use way too much.

But, like Michael said people always say "The government will do it, they'll sort it out" well... a few people sat in an office telling us we should turn our lights off isn't going to do anything. On the other hand, if well all actually DO something then things will change. "There's nothing that can't be done if we raise our voice as one".

thanks, Michael really knew about all this, i had no idea, now that he has said it, i dont know, he touches my heart, we need to do something, i really dont care that much about all the people only the good ones, but why does the earth has to suffer and pay for all that the humans do???, its not fair!! we need to save this planet for the good ones. I do it for the earth, only for the earth and the innocent.

Last night I woke up at 5 am in a sweat, feeling extremely strange, didn't know what was wrong with me, I was physically ill. I woke up when I was dreaming of Michael repeating over and over.. "we've got 4 years to make it right, or else it's irreversible damage..."

I feel so scared and helpless..

The worlds governments hold meetings about climate change and set targets to reach.
I am sure they drop it, wait and see.

Anyway FINALLY there is a demo - now that it's too late (they were asleep somewhat and voted for the wrong people, paid no attention) yet they SLOWLY realize and start to take action.
Michael was always right. Since he's gone I know there is no hope anymore. Get ready for the countdown - it's the beginning of the end

The world statements was heavily edited and the camera stopped before he finished as they didnt like what he was saying. He was talking about MJworld and to specific people. He was carefully trying to expose some stuff around how for 4 years the ones in the know did not do anything but allow alot of hurt and harm and that the damage is done and they are no longer innocent. He demanded that they find their higher consciencousness and if they each did one thing then the problem would be solved and that its simple...it doesnt take 4 years it only takes 4 hours or 4 days. He was deeply angry and hurt on how they turned their backs for 4 years and that there will be more bloodshed in the next 4 years if they dont do the right thing. He is saying that if they dont do something that they are just as guilty as the enemies because they are supposed to care and they are in the know of what has been going on for the last 4 years since trial. He was talking to people he counted on like tmez, mark geragis, brian oxman, the jackson family and a few friends. The last song he performed was 'they dont care about us.'

Search for "Devour the earth" on youtube. It is spoken by Paul. The facts are not new to me, but to some they sure are.

Yeah, right....we all saw what happened in Copenhagen about the "climate-agreement" _ absolutely nothing !!!!
Some ppl were warning the govermants and all around the world how dangerous everything is and that people must stop destroying the Earth. And no one listened...they were called Fanatics ! Well, that is just great.
We can have electric-cars right now and free energy from all over the world by using wind,water and sun.
But of course it won"t happen because then there would be NO MONEY FOR THEM.
Michael knew that all along and fought for a better world,we all know that. And that is the reason why he had to be ridiculed so that no one takes him seriously.
Whatever....now is too late.

A great great speech spoken by then 12 year old Severen Suzuki in 1992 see what this EARTH-Girl had to say:

Hello, Im Severn Suzuki speaking for E.C.O. - The Environmental Childrens Organisation.
We are a group of twelve and thirteen-year-olds trying to make a difference: Vanessa Suttie, Morgan Geisler, Michelle Quigg and me.

We raised all the money ourselves to come five thousand miles to tell you adults you must change your ways. Coming here today, I have no hidden agenda. I am fighting for my future. Losing my future is not like losing an election or a few points on the stock market. I am here to speak for all generations to come.

I am here to speak on behalf of the starving children around the world whose cries go unheard.
I am here to speak for the countless animals dying across this planet because they have nowhere left to go.
I am afraid to go out in the sun now because of the holes in the ozone. I am afraid to breathe the air because I dont know what chemicals are in it.

And now we hear about animals and plants going extinct every day — vanishing forever.

In my life, I have dreamt of seeing the great herds of wild animals, jungles and rainforests full of birds and butterflies, but now I wonder if they will even exist for my children to see.

Did you have to worry about these little things when you were my age?

All this is happening before our eyes and yet we act as if we have all the time we want and all the solutions. Im only a child and I dont have all the solutions, but I want you to realise, neither do you!
1. You dont know how to fix the holes in our ozone layer
2. You dont know how to bring salmon back up a dead stream
3. You dont know how to bring back an animal now extinct
4. And you cant bring back forests that once grew where there is now desert

If you dont know how to fix it, please stop breaking it!

Here, you may be delegates of your governments, business people, organisers, reporters or politicians - but really you are mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, aunts and uncles - and all of you are somebodys child.

Im only a child yet I know we are all part of a family, five billion strong, in fact, 30 million species strong.
Im only a child yet I know we are all in this together and should act as one single world towards one single goal.
In my anger, I am not blind, and in my fear, I am not afraid to tell the world how I feel.

In my country, we make so much waste, we buy and throw away, buy and throw away, and yet northern countries will not share with the needy. Even when we have more than enough, we are afraid to share, we are afraid to let go some of our wealth

And this is what one child told us: I wish I was rich and if I were, I would give all the street children food, clothes, medicine, shelter and love and affection.

If a child on the street who has nothing, is willing to share, why are we who have everything still so greedy?

I cant stop thinking that these children are my age, that it makes a tremendous difference where you are born, that I could be one of those children living in the Favellas of Rio; I could be a child starving in Somalia; a victim of war in the Middle East or a beggar in India.

Im only a child yet I know if all the money spent on war was spent on ending poverty and finding environmental answers, what a wonderful place this earth would be!
At school, even in kindergarten, you teach us to behave in the world. You teach us:
1. not to fight with others,
2. to work things out,
3. to respect others,
4. to clean up our mess,
5. not to hurt other creatures,
6. to share - not be greedy.
Then why do you go out and do the things you tell us not to do?

Do not forget why youre attending these conferences, who youre doing this for — we are your own children. You are deciding what kind of world we will grow up in. Parents should be able to comfort their children by saying everythings going to be alright, its not the end of the world and were doing the best we can.

But I dont think you can say that to us anymore. Are we even on your list of priorities? My father always says You are what you do, not what you say.

Well, what you do makes me cry at night. You grown ups say you love us. I challenge you; please make your actions reflect your words.

Some people are so naive. If the climate is going to change, it's going to change. There's nothing one can do if God wants things that way or if HE wants to end the world.

Back