Hopefully someone can answer this about the movie..

dmj09

Proud Member
Does anyone remember the scene ( I think it’s after billie jean) where Kenny tells someone to make sure that Michael has water ready for him…or I think Kenny tells MJ to drink water or something like that…anyway, MJ then says, waattterrr wattterr..in the cutest way possible..lol. I only ask this because I’ve been back to the same theater twice in NYC and that scene is missing. I also saw the movie once in a theater in upstate NY and the scene was missing from that showing too. I’ve been back to the theaters and been wanting to see the water scene soo bad but haven’t been able to see it since the first midnight showing. I remember this scene so clearly cuz the theater busted out laughing..it was great. My friend came with me all 4 times and we both noticed that the scene was gone but she saw it again last week by herself in another theater and she said that the water scene was in it! I was soo jealous!

I guess my question is, does anyone here work or know anyone that works in a movie theater? Do the theaters have the right to cut scenes because of time limitations in a particular theater or something? I thought all theaters got the same copy of the movie…I have no idea how that works..but I hope that part’s in the DVD atleast!! it was just sooo cute the way he said waaterr lol.. I’m soo sorry if this has been discussed already..

I remember seeing it the first time, isn't he cute:wub:

I'm now trying to remember if I saw it when i went again, and i honestly don't remember if I did?

It would be strange for theaters to cut bits out, maybe we just missed? :scratch:

I remember seeing it the first time, isn't he cute:wub:

I'm now trying to remember if I saw it when i went again, and i honestly don't remember if I did?

It would be strange for theaters to cut bits out, maybe we just missed? :scratch:

i knooow!! he was adorable!! :woohoo: lol...that's why i want to see it again sooo badly! The second time i thought i had just missed it. Then the third time I made sure I paid attention to it and it never came..i know it wasn't in it the 3 other times i saw the movie :(. It makes no sense..i thought i was going crazy lol..but my friend that came with me all 4 times noticed it too but she got to see it again when she went to another theater. Maybe it's a timing issue? I wonder if anybody else noticed the same thing..

I watched the movie 6 times (not in the US since I live in Italy) and I remember clearly the scene you're talking about after Billie Jean and it wasn't cut off here. It's very funny by the way...you'll see that again in the DVD I guess ;-)

I watched the movie 6 times (not in the US since I live in Italy) and I remember clearly the scene you're talking about after Billie Jean and it wasn't cut off here. It's very funny by the way...you'll see that again in the DVD I guess ;-)

I hope so..can't wait for the DVD now! :)

Hi,dmj09.
I watched TII twice here in Japan and I think the scene wasn't cut.

His voice wad so beautiful that I can remember it.

Oh,it's my first post.
Thank you.

strange. you defo sure it was cut off? doesnt make much sense to cut all of a few seconds off a film.maybe contact the cinema and ask them

Don't make sense if that scene were cut off. Seen it three times, and it was there in all of them.

A very adorable moment.

Ive seen this movie many times and indeed it looks like there are a bit different versions..?

i knooow!! he was adorable!! :woohoo: lol...that's why i want to see it again sooo badly! The second time i thought i had just missed it. Then the third time I made sure I paid attention to it and it never came..i know it wasn't in it the 3 other times i saw the movie :(. It makes no sense..i thought i was going crazy lol..but my friend that came with me all 4 times noticed it too but she got to see it again when she went to another theater. Maybe it's a timing issue? I wonder if anybody else noticed the same thing..

I've seen it 3 times in NYC as well and it was there every time. And I loved it every time.:D

Does anyone remember the scene ( I think it’s after billie jean) where Kenny tells someone to make sure that Michael has water ready for him…or I think Kenny tells MJ to drink water or something like that…anyway, MJ then says, waattterrr wattterr..in the cutest way possible..lol. I only ask this because I’ve been back to the same theater twice in NYC and that scene is missing. I also saw the movie once in a theater in upstate NY and the scene was missing from that showing too. I’ve been back to the theaters and been wanting to see the water scene soo bad but haven’t been able to see it since the first midnight showing. I remember this scene so clearly cuz the theater busted out laughing..it was great. My friend came with me all 4 times and we both noticed that the scene was gone but she saw it again last week by herself in another theater and she said that the water scene was in it! I was soo jealous!

I guess my question is, does anyone here work or know anyone that works in a movie theater? Do the theaters have the right to cut scenes because of time limitations in a particular theater or something? I thought all theaters got the same copy of the movie…I have no idea how that works..but I hope that part’s in the DVD atleast!! it was just sooo cute the way he said waaterr lol.. I’m soo sorry if this has been discussed already..

I missed this :(

I remember seeing it to...both of the times I've been able to see the movie, I remember it..cause its a scene that I thought was cute when he sang waattteerrr waaattteeerrr :)

The "water, water" singing part is at the end of a reel (next to last one I think). So....if the projectionist is not doing their job properly, they are starting the last reel before the previous one is over (most theaters use 2 projectors).

That's the only excuse I can think of !!

I seen it 5 times in UK an one screening, at the end of Earth Song when Michael says "It starts with us, its us, or else it'll never be done" it cut right into the next scene litterally as he finshed saying it, but there has always been a second or two gap unless Im corrected.

Obviously didnt bother me but this thread reminded me of it.

The part might have been damaged in the projector and they cut the whole scene out...

Ive seen this movie many times and indeed it looks like there are a bit different versions..?

Mmmm.... I have seen it 7 times so far, at three differ theaters and it's always the same version. If there were any differents, it was me that I hadn't noticed this or that detail previously :) I remember the 2nd and 3rd times I was like "Oh, this is different!" or "They didn't show this before!!" but at the 4th and so on, I just realized it was me and my memory playing tricks on me.

Could this be the case? If there is any single difference, I do want to know!!!

I have seen the movie twice and in both the movie was the same. I hope they aren't cutting off bits deliberatly!

And yeah, he's sooo cute and adorable when he says "waaateerr" with his soft voice. :wub2:

The "water, water" singing part is at the end of a reel (next to last one I think). So....if the projectionist is not doing their job properly, they are starting the last reel before the previous one is over (most theaters use 2 projectors).

This was my first thought as well. Or the film somehow broke/got caught/something at that point? I've seen the film six times in Germany and there's never been a cut there, btw. No problem.

Hi everyone,

Just an FYI, there were three different version of the movie released to theaters.
I have no idea why but there were.

I saw it ten times, and that scene was always there. In fact, when my best friend saw the scene, she told me NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU SING ALL THE TIME, because like MICHAEL, I tend to musicalize moments and words.

I saw it five times in three different theatres and it was in the movie each time.

I saw it 3 times in Pittsburgh, PA and it was never there. I hope its on the blu ray.

Ahhh I see, good explanation.

Hi everyone,

Just an FYI, there were three different version of the movie released to theaters.
I have no idea why but there were.

Really? Do you know for sure?

isnt it all digital these days?
so no more reels.. film rolls... etc

Back