MJJC LEGACY PROJECT INTERVIEW with Cris123

TheChosenOne

Proud Member
Hello Everyone

MJJC has been able to score interviews with some very impressive people as it relates to Michael Jackson.

So as not to be left out, the Legacy Project has met up with MJJC's very own Cris123 of Heal The World for Children, who has some exciting news to share with the Michael Jackson fan community.

Enjoy!

When did you become a Michael Jackson fan and what attracted you to Michael?

I have been a MJ fan since 1992, during the Dangerous tour, and the first thing that attracted me to him was his angelic voice. I was just a child back then but I felt his magic right away. My lifelong dream was to meet him, and the fact that God gave me this chance right before Michael left us changed my life.

Tell us about the Heal The World for Children: who started it, why and what are your plans and goals?

After Michael died, a few of his fans, some of whom got the wonderful chance to know him personally, felt that the best way to honor Michael and keep him alive is to continue his work and share the love. Michael Jackson was so much more than the greatest entertainer of all time. His kind heart and his endless efforts to heal our world have inspired us to follow in his footsteps. With this non-profit organization, our goal is to put a smile on the faces of children whose lives are troubled due to poverty or illness.

We are not affiliated with Heal the World, the estate or his family.

Our website is www.healtheworldforchildren.org

How many fans are involved with HTWfC?

At the first event we organized- a Children's Festival, on August 29, on Michael's birthday in LA, our group numbered around 25 people, from various locations around the globe: LA, NYC, Mexic, London, Spain, etc. We have more supporters joining on our forum and facebook page, willing to help with the upcoming events.

Here is a video of our first event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU78t...layer_embedded

What is happening on 20 November and what do you hope to achieve?

In celebration of Universal Children’s Day, Heal the World for Children will be taking toys to sick children in hospitals around the world: LA, NYC, Mexico, London, Poland. In NYC, we will also organize a drawing and face painting contest with the kids.

Is there a particular reason why you chose 20 November for your event?

The UN declared November 20 the Universal Children's Day. Michael's dream was for all the nations to celebrate children at the same time.

How can other fans get involved?

We would be delighted if more and more fans join our cause. You can help by donating through paypal for the toy run (healtheworldforchildren@gmail.com), joining our website, mailing list and facebook page, and spreading the word. You can also help by purchasing t-shirts with the organization logo on the website.

In the future, you can get involved in organizing our next event in your local city, by emailing us.

Together, let’s make Michael proud. Let’s show the world how much he cared and how he influenced us to care about the world.

What plans do you have for the future?

We will continue to organize events inspired by Michael's humanitarian spirit. Every year on Michael's birthday we want to hold a Children's Festival in many cities at the same time. Throughout the year, we are looking to make a difference by organizing hospital visits and other fun events. We are also looking forward to incorporating our organization as a non-profit.

Do you have any words of advice for other fans who are looking to start a similar project?

If you are passionate about keeping Michael's dream alive, you can make a difference, by starting small. Have an idea, share it with others who want to help, get organized and just make it happen. You don't need to be a proper organization or to have huge funds to be able to put a smile on somebody's face. Spread the word, be dedicated and Michael will be proud of you.

Is there anything else you would like to say the fan community?

As someone who had the immense privilege to meet Michael and talk to him, and see his wonderful persona behind the superstar, I would like to see his legacy growing and his message of love becoming stronger, and heard by the world. We are his army of love. If not us, then who?

Thank you so much Cris123 for taking the time to talk to us. Everyone at MJJC wishes you the best for the future.

Thank you, too.

I think this is a great thing you all are doing for the kids. It's sorta got me thinking about what I could do locally in my area for some kids on that day but not sure what yet.

Wish you guys success on your event and hope fans who can participate, do so. :flowers:

Thank you for the interview. what a great initiative. I donated for this year's event on August 29th, because I felt so sympathetic to it, and I will do so next year as well. If I lived closer I would come and help out.
Good luck with organizing this coming Children's Day Cris123!!

Great Interview
Thanks Chris123 and MJJC Legacy project

This is a wonderful way to keep Michaels
legacy alive and help heal the world.

Re: MJJC LEGACY PROJECT INTERVIEW with Cris123!

Thanks so much for this interview. Cris123 and team, what a wonderful idea!
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

(Too bad that I cannot watch the YouTube video (also on the Heal The World For Children Website, it's not available in my country. :( Can this be changed somehow? Thanks.)

Thankyou for posting Nancii!
I really admire what these fans are doing, it really is what we should aim to stand for as a whole. You are an inspiration!

Cris123, what a wonderful initiative!
This is exactly what Michael wanted to achieve - to inspire others to do good in the world. This was his message, and it's his legacy. It's so heart-warming, he would be so proud! :)

Thanks for the interview.
L.O.V.E.

Wow! This is awesome! You guys are doing a great job. Wish you could get some media attention like the TINI crew. At least you are doing something positive in Michael's memory!

Great interview. Very inspiring.

Thank you Nanci & Cris123

Wow! This is awesome! You guys are doing a great job. Wish you could get some media attention like the TINI crew. At least you are doing something positive in Michael's memory!

Yes, you are right. We were on TV in LA though on August 29, they covered briefly the Children's Festival. We need to make it bigger the next year.

Thank you for your support.

I agree! It's always good to see people, common people, doing wonderful things because of Mike. I think Cris is so right when she says there is not need to be that big, that organized, have so many resources... we can still change some things today, in our small way :)

Thanks so much for sharing the information.

Wonderful!

smile3525.gif
smile3525.gif
smile3525.gif

Wow ! :) Thank you Cris123 and Nancii for this great interview. This inspire me so much. I' d want to do this with you guys This is awesome :yes:

:clapping::clapping::clapping: for Heal The World for Children :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thanks Cris, this is great and inspiring :)

At the risk of sounding a little strange (lol, well that's me) I want to say that you know how Michael said he was 'channeling' at night, getting ideas from God about the shows? I think this idea (the toys to the hospitals, etc) is one of those broadcast messages back to us from Michael. My husband and I don't have kids and we're never in touch with any really, but in the last 3 months I've had dreams about going to hospitals to entertain sick kids and the other day about giving a toy to a little boy with cancer. Thank you for forming Heal the World for Children, you guys!

Great interview Cris123 and Nancii. I am very inspired. I just checked out your website. I am also interested in helping the children in Michael's name. Thank you for sharing and I'm so glad you got a chance to meet Michael. I'm sure it was a wonderful experience. I will be sending an email through your website. I want to help. Thank you.

Peace and love.

"though we're far apart, you're always in my heart..." :angel:

Hi guys,
Just a quick note to let you know the visit in NYC went great today. The staff was very very nice with us and thanked us a lot for the nice presents. We actually spent some time with a few kids, saw them smiling and happy with the gifts. A little girl was very busy coloring Tinkerbell and Michael and sticking Hello Kitty stickers on top :)
We also handed out flyers and they treated us to a tour of the facilities. We took pictures and promised to return sometime in December to hand the rest of the toys (I still have some left). They mentioned that they need DVDs and CDs to keep the kids entertained on a regular basis, so next time in December we're trying to collect these and of course there'll be a lot of Michael stuff :)
I'm so happy. I hope the event went well in other cities. I hope Michael is proud of us.
Love
2rrv281.jpg

Reactions: Bee
Back