TII - DVD/Blu Ray (Deals and Packages) Thread

Speechless_UK

Proud Member
I thought it would be a good idea now that the DVD/Blu Ray is available for pre-order that in this thread we can post all the ad's/posters for the best deals around.
Each vendor will have their own unique selling point so its time to make a decision as to what you want! I think we all need to know whats on offer before we make an order!

Anyway here are two ad's that have featured in the press recently.
Play.com are offering the Special Collectors Edition 2 disc in a STEELBOOK and HMV are offering the Collectors Edition with some collectors tickets!

What else have you spotted!?
I'm holding out for Blu-Ray so I hope something gets packaged with that! .... and if you are from another country (especially the US) feel free to post what you have seen as I may be tempted with purchasing from the states with it being almost a month earlier on release!

7th Dec - THE UK BLU-RAY RELEASE WILL GET AN EXCLUSIVE 'UNFINISHED REHEARSALS' FEATURETTE

Here goes :

UK

PLAY.COM
Purchase the steelbook here £17.99
photo.jpg

HMV
Puchase the Collectors Edition from HMV here
untitled.jpg

iTunes
Exclusive - The Musical Experience Featurette
itunesl.jpg

US

BestBuy - Steelbook (apparently you get the Steelbook straight away! You don't have to wait until Jan!)
bb.jpg

Last edited:
Steelbook wow.

never heard of that before.

I've pre-ordered mine from Amazon and haven't heard what we get with it. I like the backstage passes though. But I want to know for sure the release date as surely they wouldn't release TII a month later in the UK than the US?

Blu Ray Listed features - in more detail :

• DVD: 1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen, English DD5.1
  • BD: 1080P 1.78:1 Widescreen, English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
  • English, English SDH, and French (Canadian) subtitles (Film only)
  • “Staging the Return: The Adventure Begins” Making-of Documentary - This in-depth documentary reveals Michael Jackson’s unique, groundbreaking vision for his ambitious return to the stage, with director Kenny Ortega and the entire crew from This Is It.
  • ”Staging the Return: Beyond the Show” Making-of Documentary - Director Kenny Ortega and the crew of This Is It discuss Michael Jackson's final rehearsals, and the purpose behind creating the concert film.
  • “The Gloved One” Costumes Featurette - Costume Designer Zaldy reveals the elaborate new costumes created for Michael Jackson to wear on the This Is It tour.
  • “Memories of Michael” Featurette - Kenny Ortega and the crew of This Is It share personal stories about working with Michael Jackson, and how they will remember their friend.
  • “Auditions: Searching for the World's Best Dancers” Featurette - A look at the high-stakes audition process, which began with over 5,000 applicants and ended with the selection of 11 exceptionally talented dancers.
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • BD Exclusive: “Smooth Criminal” Vignette - The full-length vignette starring Michael Jackson which was to be shown before the performance of “Smooth Criminal” at theThis Is It concert.
  • BD Exclusive: “Making ‘Smooth Criminal’” Featurette - An in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the groundbreaking production of the new “Smooth Criminal” film created for This Is It.
  • BD Exclusive: “Thriller” Vignette - The full-length vignette which was to be shown during the performance of “Thriller” at the This Is It concert.
  • BD Exclusive: movieIQ: connects you to access real-time information on the cast, music, trivia and more while watching the movie! Also includes the "This Is It" interactive playlist where you can bookmark your favorite songs featured in the film and email yourself a customized playlist!

Hmm.

No info on the 'Unfinished Rehearsals' featurette.

I'm getting confused now as to whether it really exists.

Germany can order a Blu-Ray Ultimate Collectors Steelbook with Booklet,4 Postcards and 3 lenticulars....
41T%2BG60RARL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Can be ordered from Amazon.de here

Wow is this drip-feed of information frustrating...

So far it seems as if there are NO special offers for the Blu-ray (outside of that truely fantastic looking German Amzon exclusive), though it does seem to include (according to some pics we've seen) a horribly misleading "Concert Program Booklet". I say misleading because this would NEVER have been the concert program had MJ still been here as they incorporate the FILM COVER into the booklet(!!), and the film never would have existed, etc., etc.

Then we have a horde of different exclusives for the 2 Disc DVD... steelbook, Backstage passes (again misleading), t-shirt and "Program" box set...

But most concerning of all is that the UK have to wait 4 weeks longer for this release than the US, despite it being released a day EARLIER in cinemas. This will harm R2 sales IMO as fans will import in Jan.

EDIT: And I will be savagely annoyed if they do give away actual O2 tickets with DVDs, as I paid £75 for the "privelege" of keeping mine... although if you zoom in on the Amazon.de pic you can see what appears, at least to me, to be ANOTHER design of a lenticular ticket... hmmm?

As I said above: frustrating...

The pictures on the lenticulars in that image are from TII rehearsals - they aren't the same as the ones we all paid for from Ticketmaster.

Yes the Program / Booklet with the Blu Ray seems to be a smaller version of the one that is already on sale in the states and on sale at the 02 exibition.

I am seriously annoyed about the release date change. I have links to Sony Pictures Europe announcing a Jan 25th date ... why has this been put back almost a month?

Looking forward to seeing what other vendors are going to have. I especially like the look of the thicker box that MJLover has posted... want to find out whats in it - probably just a T-shirt though?

Looks like Japan and Canada are also getting a Blu-Ray Steelbook...

untitled.jpg

so whats on this DVD? as it says exclusive 2 dvd special edition.is it the same as the collectors edition of the deluxe collectors edition? is the only difference the tickets/passes u get as xtras?

Wow is this drip-feed of information frustrating...

So far it seems as if there are NO special offers for the Blu-ray (outside of that truely fantastic looking German Amzon exclusive), though it does seem to include (according to some pics we've seen) a horribly misleading "Concert Program Booklet". I say misleading because this would NEVER have been the concert program had MJ still been here as they incorporate the FILM COVER into the booklet(!!), and the film never would have existed, etc., etc.

Then we have a horde of different exclusives for the 2 Disc DVD... steelbook, Backstage passes (again misleading), t-shirt and "Program" box set...

But most concerning of all is that the UK have to wait 4 weeks longer for this release than the US, despite it being released a day EARLIER in cinemas. This will harm R2 sales IMO as fans will import in Jan.

EDIT: And I will be savagely annoyed if they do give away actual O2 tickets with DVDs, as I paid £75 for the "privelege" of keeping mine... although if you zoom in on the Amazon.de pic you can see what appears, at least to me, to be ANOTHER design of a lenticular ticket... hmmm?

As I said above: frustrating...

The picture from Amazon.de appear to show lenticular images from the REHEARSAL and NOT the pictures used for the concert tickets!

I've ordered the standard BluRay and both the HMV and Play.com Exclusives!!!

BD -single with additional AV not available on the DVD
• Packaging: (amaray) litho + o-ring (embossed), "theatrical art- white" (key art on litho and o-ring should match)
• AV content:
• Meet the Dancers featurette (10-12 min)
• Meet the Band featurette (15 min)
• Meet the Singers featurette (10-12 min)
• Creating A Comeback Featurette (30 min)
• Theatrical Trailer
• The Gloved One - Costumes featurette :)20 min.)
• Memories of Michael featurette :)20 min.)
• Dancing Machine (20 min)
• Photo gallery
• Plus Smooth Criminal Short film 2-D :)05)
• Plus "Making a Smoother Criminal" :)20)
• Plus New Thriller Short Film (2-D) (5 min)

2DVD

Features: (bonusy)
DVD-double with additional AV (Account Exclusive ONLY!!!!)
Whichever key art you have selected for your NATIONAL SKU, the other key art will be for your account exclusive.
• Packaging:
(amaray) litho + o-ring (embossed) , "theatrical art black", (key art on litho and o-ring should match), will have banner on o-ring and litho to call out 2-disc special edition

AV Content: First disc AV content is the same as the single disc DVD
- Meet the Dancers featurette (10-12 min)
- Meet the Band featurette (15 min)
- Meet the Singers featurette (10-12 min)
- Creating A Comeback Featurette (30 min)
- "This is It" Music Video (NEW) - Pending from Sony Music
- Theatrical Trailer
-The Gloved One - Costumes featurette :)20 min.)
-Memories of Michael featurette :)20 min.)
-plus Dancing Machine (20 min)
-plus DVD photo gallery

1DVD

Features: (bonusy)
DVD- single disc with 60 mins of AV (rental and sell through)
• Packaging : (amaray) litho with "theatrical white" art, NO O-Ring
• AV Content:
- Meet the Dancers featurette (10-12 min)
- Meet the Band featurette (15 min)
- Meet the Singers featurette (10-12 min)
- Creating A Comeback Featurette (30 min)
- "This is It" Music Video (NEW) - Pending from Sony Music
- Theatrical Trailer

Blu-Ray has this free book of photos:

12424897.jpg

And these features:

2 Making Of Documentaries
The Gloved One - Costumes Featurette
Memories Of Michael Featurette
Auditions: Searching for the World's Best Dancers Featurette
Theatrical Trailer
Meet the Dancers Featurette
Meet the Band Featurette
Meet the Vocalists Featurette
The Unfinished Rehearsals Featurette
Dancing Machine - Choreography Featurette
Michael Jackson's This Is It: The Photo Collection
'Thriller' and 'Smooth Criminal' Vignettes (5.1 audio)
Making 'Smooth Criminal' Featurette
BD Live with movieIQ featuring This Is It interactive playlist

:D

it looks like there is no special edition or with backstage passes with t-shirt edition of the DVD/ Blu Ray for USA. Why oh why?

I like the look of this one too (and I am planning on buying the Blu-Ray) - although I think these box shots have been released early.
Pre orders have already started in the UK but in the US I don't think they start until the 24th Dec??

WTF is going on!?

Half of the places are listing the 'Unfinished Rehearsals' featurette and half of them aren't.

Does it exist or not!?

so the 2 DVD edition will have the THIS IS IT MUSIC VIDEO and PHOTO GALLARY which the BD will not have.

I am not that rich enough to buy all these 1-2 disks editions, i will be saving money for bigger editions :D I still believe 4disk edition will be released someday :D

Back