Brittany Murphy Dies *UPDATE: Husband Found Dead As Well* (Merged)

Bee

Proud Member
Brittany Murphy Dies

Posted Dec 20th 2009 1:37PM by TMZ Staff
1220_britney_murphy_ex_getty_94463366.jpg

Brittany Murphy
died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.
She was 32.
A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ.
We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Murphy starred in such films as "Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word."

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/20/brittany-murphy-dies-cardiac-arrest/#ixzz0aG1oQcEf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wtf.....this better not be true & sounds awfully recognizable.
Anyone knows more? :mello:

Re: Brittany Murphy Dies (is this true???)

No, no, no, oh God I pray this is not true.

I just Googled and all the articles say the same thing and use TMZ as the source. It's probably true. :(

Edit: No details yet.

Oh I really hope this isn't true. *searches the internet*

WHAT????

OMG... Brittany Murphy???

WHAT?!!?!!!? I hope this isn't true!!!

what is with 2009 taking celebs away from us :'(

what is with 2009 taking celebs away from us :'(
My thoughts exactly!! What a fucked up year, condolences to her family. Hope she didn't leave kids behind?

No way! :cry:

reading the words ''cardiac arrest'' ''los angeles'' and ''pronounced dead'' made me think of june 25 all over again.

This is a very sad day for us all again..I personally thought that Brittany was a good actress....I will pray for her family....thank God she had no children...:angel:

also she was only 32 kind of young for a cardiac arrest...probably suspicious circumstances...but I guess we will have to wait and see.

also she was only 32 kind of young for a cardiac arrest...probably suspicious circumstances...but I guess we will have to wait and see.

It does sound suspicious. :( But Maybe she had a heart condition that she sadly didn't know about.

Last edited:

Its all over the net. This is so shocking. What is with this year and so many young celebrities away from us? It seems rather odd, 32 year olds dont just have cardiac arrests.

god this is true.. this story seems so familiar at the moment :( I hate hate hate HATE HATE hate 2009. HATE IT.

oh my god...I'm blown away
yep it's so familiar...it makes you sick to your stomach

Omg! :( I don't know what to say , this is just awful.
Her family and friends are in my thoughts.
R.I.P xxxxx
Gone too soon. xxxx

You know some people carry heart problems since birth without even knowing about it.
From time to time you see these athletes that just suddenly dies of cardiac arrest.

But all these "famous star", "cardiac arrest", "Los Angeles" is starting to get a bit too repetitive now.

I'm also just gonna wait and see what will come out the forthcoming weeks - no matter how she died, it's really, really sad.

This is just so unbelieveable! She was only 32! Thats not an age at all.

May she rest in peace. My sympathy goes out to her family, friends and fans.

Gosh, I can't believe it, I hate this feeling. 2009 is a big pain in the @$$ (

damn whats up with these heart attacks my heart is in pain right now Shout out to BM and her family may she rest in peace damn she so young NYC is buggin out right now especailly times square people are crying. :pray::pray: :heart: 2009 wasn't a good year for me at all to many people i lost and celebs just gone to soon

Back