Little MJ-things that make you happy

Sorrowbird

Proud Member
Do you experience, in everyday life, little things related to MJ that just take the pain away for a few moments? I seem to experience these kinds of things all the time. It can be walking into a store and find that they are playing his music, or like today, they re-aired MSG 2001 on TV. But the things that make me happiest is seeing how the younger generation has found Michael. Two examples of this;

I was walking into a clothing store when I noticed a little girl, about 6 years old I'd say, standing by a rail of black sequin jackets. She was almost on the verge of tears, obviously asking to get one. Her mother told her that sorry, but the jackets would be much too big for her (it was not a children's store). The girl kept saying "Ohhh but I want one, I want one like Michael's!!" :)

And the other one, well my sister (she's 16) can do a pretty decent moonwalk. One day she had showed it to one of the little boys in our neighbourhood, I think he's 8 years old, who is apparently really into Michael. He obviously loved it because the next day the doorbell rang and as I opened the door I found him and a whole bunch of his little friends standing there. He asked for my sister, and as I went to get her, rather confused, I heard my neighbour saying "I'm telling you guys, she can really do the moonwalk! Just wait, you'll see! It's so cool!"

I remember i was at a kid's party and they didn't want other songs but MJ songs ! And this one kid had talent , i'm telling you ., He could do the circular moonwalk and stuff , and one kid was impressing me with his moonwalk and stuff ! Things like this makes me so happy ! Or going in to a store with a MJ song playing and just stay there until the song is finished , haha :lol:

my mj moment was when my son (11 months) discovered mj (he was 4 months then)...he never showed interest in music before ...but mike just caught him for good...even i seize to exist when mike's on ...and that just melts my heart...
i also happen to see things like wallpapers displayed in various places... in a bus station .. in stores...somehow everywhere i go something that either reminds me of him or related to him just pops out...

Yeah I always excited when I hear his music in the stores, I always wait til the songs finished :D. Or when I see little references to him, like I think the nano advert, a guy does the moonwalk (If I remember correctly).

What made me smile today was my little cousin. He picked up my sequined MJ glove and put it on and went AOW. Then asked me why does he wear plasters on his fingers. He is so into MJ and he's only seven. He sometimes just sings random MJ lyrics too when he's playing, it makes me :)

What a nice thread!!!

Every day there's an MJ moment - very true.

When I'm in dead locked traffic, suddenly I hear someone blasting an MJ song.

My daughter and I have this ongoing joke with Smooth Criminal. When she wants attention, she'll suddenly jump on me singing "mommy are you ok, are you ok?" and will sing it until we burst out laughing.

When I'm surfing the web - reading comments - especially on ONTD, they'll have the most amazing MJ gifs as responses - LOL!!

A week or so ago we were watching a show (don't know what about -- just some random stuff about daycare for kids or something, I think) and one tiny little kid no more than 3 suddenly stated with some seeming sadness, "Michael Jackson ist versterben." It means "Michael Jackson died" and it almost made me cry, but it was so innocent, you know. Like she just found out and had to tell the others the shocking news. It was a total surprise to hear that in a show that had nothing to do with him. :cry: That's one of those little things. To see that the little ones know him and care.

Oh, another less sad one ... we just walked out of a movie and went to use the restroom at the theater and on the speakers they were playing Say, Say, Say. So I had to pee to Say, Say, Say :lol:

I remember almost a month ago I went in to this craft store where I live called Michael's. And the last thing I had wanted to hear was Christmas music. But the one Christmas song that was played was Up On The House Top by the Jackson 5. And that made me happy for a minutes. I was even laughing a little. Because that song always has that effect on me. No matter how miserable I might be feeling. So that did made me happy. I was even more happier when I discovered the MJ items that they were selling. I had gotten a framed This Is It poster there that night as an early Christmas present.

When I was in River Island and I was looking at the MJ t-shirts they have. This seven year old girl who was in there with her mum suddenly shouted 'Mummy, mummy, Michael Jackson!' Then she saw my MJ badges on my bag and said to here mum 'mummy that lady's so cool, she has Michael Jackson badges on her bag!' I smiled at her and said 'thanks, I'm always happy to see fellow MJ fans!'

My little niece who adores MJ
she's only 6 years old and she fell in love immediatly.
She pays attention to every little detail of MJ, one day I came in the house with the keyboard shirt from "Beat It" and she jumps up and says "OMG that's from Beat It" lol.

Another funny as hell story was one day my nephew runs into the living and tells my sister "OMG there is this man on TV he looks so fresh, you have to see it hurry up hurry up!" so she's runs to the back of the house and what is on the TV??? Michael Jackson's "Rock With You" .

Kids love MJ so much.

It's so cute, it makes me so happy.

They see him as the "cool guy" :D

I know.... :)

MJ is my happy pill....

Somehow, I see him everywhere... :cheeky:

For instance: the Nano commercial (like someone mentioned above) made me smile because one guy did the moonwalk. Also, when I hear stores play his songs and when people bob their heads and sing along to the lyrics.... XD It just makes me feel so ridiculously happy.... :lol:

In addition, when people make cute MJ comments. My Grandpa got this really cool jacket and one of my cousins went, "Wow, that jacket has more zippers than a Michael Jackson jacket..." :lol:

Also, when we were singing Christmas songs... One of my cousin went, "Hey, give us a MJ song to sing along to...and we all sang Beat It" OMG, that made me so happy, you don't even know. I love my family.... :cry: :lol:

Great stories! :clapping:

It crazy how easily MJ can put a smile on your face :)

I remember one really early morning a couple of months ago on my way to work one guy had Man in the Mirror ringtone..and having heard just a little piece of the song I was suddenly awake and smiling :) People must think I'm nuts though, smiling silly seemingly without any reason.. :blush:

Children, The Elderly, Mother Earth, Nature, The Moon, The Twinkling Stars...and God..!

:angel:Heal The World...We Are The World...Knowledge IS Growth...Education IS The Key~~~

Oh man I have one more story I cannot believe I forgot to tell it

A few weeks after I paid about 30 dollars for the Bucharest dvd they had it on sale at Virgin Megastore for 10 bucks (Virgin was such a rip off lol), so inside the store the tour was playing on the tv screens, I keep seeing everyone stopping to watch it (which I never seen happen) and then when I went on the line to pay for my stuff and I saw so many people in the line with the dvd in their hands.

The next day I went to work and my co worker (one of those MJ haters that listens to his music:scratch:) heard me listening to his music and was telling me how he was in Virgin over the weekend while Michael's tour was playing and he was like how everyone just had to stop and watch it because it was incredible.

Long live Michael

Oh man I have one more story I cannot believe I forgot to tell it

A few weeks after I paid about 30 dollars for the Bucharest dvd they had it on sale at Virgin Megastore for 10 bucks (Virgin was such a rip off lol), so inside the store the tour was playing on the tv screens, I keep seeing everyone stopping to watch it (which I never seen happen) and then when I went on the line to pay for my stuff and I saw so many people in the line with the dvd in their hands.

The next day I went to work and my co worker (one of those MJ haters that listens to his music:scratch:) heard me listening to his music and was telling me how he was in Virgin over the weekend while Michael's tour was playing and he was like how everyone just had to stop and watch it because it was incredible.

Long live Michael

There are so many little Michael things that Brighten my day. :)

The other day i went for a working interview in a nursery where i had to spend the day working with the 2-3 year olds for an hour! Well they were getting ready for there Christmas play rehearsal and there was this little boy he was playing a wise man and ge was not happy ha ha! Half way through the rehearsal he stopped doing what he was meant to do stormed of and went "I wanna be Michael Jackson" it was the cutest thing ever. I had to go over and console him and i sware we sat for about half an hour talking about Michael. It was amazing to have this conversation with a child who had a fave song and fave outfit really made me smile! :)

:lol: I saw that happen too!

It was during August... I decided to buy Michael's Motown solo albums collection in HMV. I went there and they were playing the Bucharest concert in loud speakers. I swear, so many people just stop and watched it. People were walking in HMV simply to watch the concert. And what I love about it even more was that most of them were old people- the generation that grew up with Michael. Many of them look so nostalgic. I even saw a lady with her husband CRYING as Michael was singing Man In The Mirror. It made me feel emotional too, to be honest. Many people looked so genuinely sad. :(

After the concert... (yes, many just stood there to finish the whole concert), MANY of them bought MJ albums. I guess, they were there with the same plans as I had. It was a beautiful moment. It truly hit us that the greatest was gone. :cry:

RLMAO that reminds of when I went to the Apollo and there some people in a circle singing MJ's earlier stuff, I think it was "Never Can Say Goodbye" but some of them didnt know the words and there was this little old lady, she had no teeth and she was just yelling at them saying "SHADDUP! GET OUT OF HERE YALL MESSING THE SONG UP!"
Rlmao!!!

I feel you on that last part, I tell you no one can unite people like Michael. He is still so powerful, be brings people together.

I love you guys' stories :)
Here I go tearing up again, GEEZ!

And yeah, Michael unites people like no other. I'm telling you, at a concert he could make people just hug random strangers...it's a feeling I can't even describe.
That's why all of us fans are here :)

I love you guys' stories :)
Here I go tearing up again, GEEZ!

And yeah, Michael unites people like no other. I'm telling you, at a concert he could make people just hug random strangers...it's a feeling I can't even describe.
That's why all of us fans are here :)

Thats so true i remember the first time i saw Michael at the Dorchester i was on my own because my mum had gone to get the car (silly women) when Michael appeared and i just randomly grabbed this lads hand and then burst in to tears which then made him hug me and we have been friends every since :D

Thanks Michael :wub:

Actually, on Christmas Day, this was really sweet of my boyfriend, cuz he really does understand how much I love Michael and all the little things....We were having Christmas dinner, and my dad was talking about something, a crime or something like that...I don't remember the exact conversation...my dad (whose name is Terry) says, "well, i wouldn't want anyone to think I was stealing it or anything" and my boyfriend says, "Ya, Terry, you wouldn't want to be a Smooth Criminal" and then my bf gave me this little sly look and winked at me, like he knew I'd love that little comment! I love stuff like that...

Also, my ringtone on my phone is WBSS, but basically it's just beginning part before he starts singing, but my sister's ringtone is Stranger in Moscow, but in hers, he's actually singing, so everytime her phone rings, we both yell across the house, "Michael's calling you!!" lol...We always have fun with that one...

Our little lady makes me smile daily with one of her "Michael Saves" observations. :) Now, she hears "Jackson" as the Finnish word for "save" (as in save money, for instance). She sees a pic and shouts: "Mom! There's your Michael Saves!" She can even recognize the words "Michael" and "Jackson", though she can't read yet. Today, out of the blue, she wanted to know where my "Michael Saves" T-shirt is. I told her I don't have one and she proceeded to inform her dad of this sad fact too. She's so precious. :)

Oh, and she can even find me the Michael Jackson section in an online store and spot Michael's videos on YouTube.

Back