Don't know what album it is ; but cd #4 is kinnda depressing

BillieJean84

Proud Member
I was listening to cd #4 in 'Ultimate Collection' & I found it to be, not quite what the MJ I knew ; It was very dark to me, somber. {with the exception of 'Not Alone' & 'Butterflies'}

Perhaps he was going through a rough time personally but its depressing to hear. Is it just me? or did anyone else find most of songs too 'sad' to listen to??
:mello:

:no::better:

No, I didn't find it depressing...Some are a little sadder, and I tend to not listen to this one as much though

Overall (over his entire career) I think MJ think had quite a few songs that talk about being alone, being lonely, not trusting and or being taken advantage of... even if they were upbeat tunes...

I think that in part is what made his songs so powerful... his soul was aching :sad:

I was listening to cd #4 in 'Ultimate Collection' & I found it to be, not quite what the MJ I knew ; It was very dark to me, somber. {with the exception of 'Not Alone' & 'Butterflies'}

Perhaps he was going through a rough time personally but its depressing to hear. Is it just me? or did anyone else find most of songs too 'sad' to listen to??
:mello:

:no::better:

yeah. very dark. MJ had many envious enemies, for no reason...except envy. it was his only outlet. but the songs are powerful. there is no other way to write a song, than from the heart. so, even if it depresses us, it still has the power it needs. and it's why MJ is a genius. it's one of my favs to listen to, because if there is one thing i hate, it's being fake. MJ was never fake. and, listening to those songs, helped me to remain aware, that MJ was hated for no reason. that's why i'm so passionate against his enemies, and don't feel paranoid about it, cus MJ said it was so, in his lyrics. besides..we all know MJ had those enemies. they hated him enough, to the point where they obviously couldn't hide it.

Hmm, I really like the tracks on CD 4 of Ultimate Collection.

I absolutely LOVE Stranger in Moscow, Childhood, and Fall Again -- wow I'm nuts about it. I can listen to Fall Again over and over and over again -- yes it's a sad song but I guess that's why I love it so much. Michael puts so much emotion into it. The vocals are phenomenal.

I really like On the Line, I think it has a great message. Beautiful Girl and Way You Love Me are gorgeous romantic ballads. I guess the only song on this CD I didn't care for was Butterflies.

All the rest are great.

I have to say though that sad songs overall are some of my favourite songs, and I think songwriters often write their best work when they feel depressed, lonely or sad.

If you think what a masterpiece Stranger in Moscow is -- Michael wrote it at one of the lowest points in his life. It's hauntingly sad and beautiful and I absolutely love it.

CD4 is the only CD I ever listen to from the Ultimate Collection.

Back