Newer fans of Michael

Mahatma

Proud Member
Note: I'm not referring to all of the newer Michael-fans

I've been a long time fan of Michael, since I was a child. Of course, some long time fans were picked on because they enjoyed listening to Michael Jackson and supported him throughout the trial. Unfortunately, I was one of those many fans. Kids were brutal to me, they'd call Michael "gay" and they'd call me all sorts of names that I'd rather not say on here. And that hurt me so much because I care so much for Michael.

After he passed away,all of a sudden, these kids who picked on me and hurt me every single day were wearing Michael Jackson shirts saying "Michael Jackson's the best, man!" I'm wondering, why are people like that? Once he died all of those Michael-haters, at least the majority, disappeared. I'm glad people are now realizing the person Michael was now and all of the good things that he's done in this world, but where were they when Michael was hurting, for example, during the trials? Most were cracking jokes about him.

I believe it's all mainstream really. Kids believe whatever they hear from other people. It honestly disgusts me to see people that made fun of me because of my like for Michael's music wearing Michael Jackson shirts and blasting his music.

What do you all think about this?

sigh. It's all so fake. Same at my school.

the only reason they "love" him now is because at the time when he died, he was super cool and it was "acceptable" to be a MJ fan. that's my opinion anyway.

Celebrities annoyed me too with all their tribute songs/performances.
I didn't see them publicly loving/supporting Michael when he went through his trials? they wouldn't of been caught dead with him then.

It's sad.

A few days after Michael died I wrote an angry tweet on Twitter as I was so annoyed at it saying 'some people with Michael Jackson signatures are the worst hypocrites' as I was so angry at these same people mocking me for supporting him during the trial and calling him, and myself, all sorts of names for doing so. Now these same people were saying how sad they were he died and what a loss it is, and I couldn't believe the hypocrisy of it all. I remember what some of them called me that's for sure, just because I liked him.

sigh. It's all so fake. Same at my school.

the only reason they "love" him now is because at the time when he died, he was super cool and it was "acceptable" to be a MJ fan. that's my opinion anyway.

Celebrities annoyed me too with all their tribute songs/performances.
I didn't see them publicly loving/supporting Michael when he went through his trials? they wouldn't of been caught dead with him then.

It's sad.
It seems to be that way everywhere. -_-

And I agree with your comment about the celebrities. That's exactly what I was thinking: now that he's gone it's acceptable to be a fan of Michael Jackson. It's disappointing that they do not even realize what us fans went through and what we've heard.

It hurts, it really does. :no:

It seems to be that way everywhere. -_-

And I agree with your comment about the celebrities. That's exactly what I was thinking: now that he's gone it's acceptable to be a fan of Michael Jackson. It's disappointing that they do not even realize what us fans went through and what we've heard.

It hurts, it really does. :no:

I couldn't agree more. :( :sigh:

Note: I believe it's all mainstream really. Kids believe whatever they hear from other people. It honestly disgusts me to see people that made fun of me because of my like for Michael's music wearing Michael Jackson shirts and blasting his music.

I think you answered your own question beautifully. Kids are impressionable. They generally follow the road others take because it makes it easier to fit in and gives them a sense of belongining. That you were strong enough to go against the tide says a lot about your own strength of character.

I also believe since his death many have taken the time to look behind media biased dripple. Michael's death had a cosmic effect. Even those who weren't fans, could feel something had happened in the universe when he died. Some who were on the fence about him or actually believed the worse felt an inexplicable loss, and went looking to find out why. I myself always loved loved MJ, but his death hit me harder than I ever would have expected even though he was my all time favorite all my life. That I grieve him like a close blood relative still confuses me.

In addition, the turnaround has been prompted by reacquainting the public with his talent. The news stories always showcased clips of his work, reminding people what an absolutely magical performer he was. That sent folks to youtube or other resources and appreciation for his talent was reborn. I was just in BestBuy yesterday and the racks with MJ's cd's and dvd's are the most empty. It made me smile.

There never should have been a need for a turnaround of opinion, but I guess it's better late than never that some are finally "getting" what a gift Michael was to us.

Note: I'm not referring to all of the newer Michael-fans

I've been a long time fan of Michael, since I was a child. Of course, some long time fans were picked on because they enjoyed listening to Michael Jackson and supported him throughout the trial. Unfortunately, I was one of those many fans. Kids were brutal to me, they'd call Michael "gay" and they'd call me all sorts of names that I'd rather not say on here. And that hurt me so much because I care so much for Michael.

After he passed away,all of a sudden, these kids who picked on me and hurt me every single day were wearing Michael Jackson shirts saying "Michael Jackson's the best, man!" I'm wondering, why are people like that? Once he died all of those Michael-haters, at least the majority, disappeared. I'm glad people are now realizing the person Michael was now and all of the good things that he's done in this world, but where were they when Michael was hurting, for example, during the trials? Most were cracking jokes about him.

I believe it's all mainstream really. Kids believe whatever they hear from other people. It honestly disgusts me to see people that made fun of me because of my like for Michael's music wearing Michael Jackson shirts and blasting his music.

Off topic, I like your Avatar. :D

I have never went through some of the stuff (mostly because I am a private fan and pure loner and shut in). And other than my dad I have not met other MJ fans or haters, only online is where I have seen them and most are just trolls.

If they have stayed fans this long (6 months) I think they are real, because people like that usually go back to the Jokes and cruelty after 3 weeks.

I think you answered your own question beautifully. Kids are impressionable. They generally follow the road others take because it makes it easier to fit in and gives them a sense of belongining. That you were strong enough to go against the tide says a lot about your own strength of character.

I also believe since his death many have taken the time to look behind media biased dripple. Michael's death had a cosmic effect. Even those who weren't fans, could feel something had happened in the universe when he died. Some who were on the fence about him or actually believed the worse felt an inexplicable loss, and went looking to find out why. I myself always loved loved MJ, but his death hit me harder than I ever would have expected even though he was my all time favorite all my life. That I grieve him like a close blood relative still confuses me.

In addition, the turnaround has been prompted by reacquainting the public with his talent. The news stories always showcased clips of his work, reminding people what an absolutely magical performer he was. That sent folks to youtube or other resources and appreciation for his talent was reborn. I was just in BestBuy yesterday and the racks with MJ's cd's and dvd's are the most empty. It made me smile.

There never should have been a need for a turnaround of opinion, but I guess it's better late than never that some are finally "getting" what a gift Michael was to us.
I couldn't agree with you more, Gerry. I just wish everything could of been the same as it is now when he was still here with us.

:no:

I understand totally because I got teased (still do) for sticking by him.

But since Michael died so many things about him were put in the public's face
and I think people are thinking twice...it just sucks that this is the way it had to happen.

And yes there are alot of hypocrites (Eminem) jumping the wagon.

I do understand about the celebs though. Didn't MJ set up something in relation to Hurricane Katrina charity after the trial and some singers didn't want to be involved. (I think because they thought that MJ was toxic for their careers. I wish I could have been a celeb at the time. I would have stuck by this guy!) I don't know about this story and I have heard about on this board but my memory in fuzzy when it comes to some things.

No matter when. 2003 through 2005 included. It was ALWAYS acceptable to be an MJ fan. All you had to do is do a little research on the internet with a clear mind without the media influencing your mind and you could see the real Michael. Its whether people really want to look at the man, the music and the talent. Its whether they will let themselves open up to not letting themselves being dragged around by popular views.
How is one persons quality in taste of music... or how is music supposed to advance today if people just follow what the majority do/say. People need to be there own people.

Just bandwagon jumpers I guess. Also whenever a famous celebrity dies people tend to want to learn more about them, listen to their music, watch their movies ect. Then they either get past it or become a new fan.

No matter when. 2003 through 2005 included. It was ALWAYS acceptable to be an MJ fan. All you had to do is do a little research on the internet with a clear mind without the media influencing your mind and you could see the real Michael. Its whether people really want to look at the man, the music and the talent. Its whether they will let themselves open up to not letting themselves being dragged around by popular views.
How is one persons quality in taste of music... or how is music supposed to advance today if people just follow what the majority do/say. People need to be there own people.
:clapping:

Back