Michael Picked #6 in CNN's Top 10 Most Intriguing People of 2009

KB50MJ

Proud Member
(CNN) -- The following is a list of the top 10 people who made the year 2009 memorable. It was compiled by CNN editor Jay Kernis, who acknowledges that it is entirely subjective. Kernis puts together a list each weekday of intriguing people, which runs on CNN.com.

6. Michael Jackson: One of the most influential and controversial entertainers in the world died at the age of 50 on June 25. The Los Angeles coroner treated his death from cardiac arrest as a homicide, given the combination of prescription drugs found in his body.

Beginning in the mid-1960s as a child performer with his brothers, Jackson had a continuing impact on music, dance and fashion and on how media covered the personal lives of celebrities. His childhood years, two marriages, the birth of his children, the creation of his Neverland ranch, his financial problems, the allegations of sexual abuse of children and his ever-changing appearance all played out in public.

According to IMDb.com, Jackson sold more than 750 million albums worldwide. He won 18 Grammy Awards. He once said, "Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight from their hearts and only asks to be lived."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/OPINION/12/28/kernis.10.most.intriguing/index.html

Last edited:
Re: Michael Picked #5 in CNN's Top 10 Most Intriguing People of 2009

"Intriguing..." < As in lets take the smallest thing and twist it to make it look interesting and scandelous although it makes Michael look bad?

I'm sorry.

I'm so suspicious of the media.

sure...BUT In MY Opinion, Michael has done MORE than any of these politicains combined together. Even the Obama's. It is a shame they only talk about Mike's music, and not about his philanthropy!

Thanx for sharing...

L.O.V.E.
Romi

I would place Michael above Sotomayor and Teddy Kennedy, at the very least.

sure...BUT In MY Opinion, Michael has done MORE than any of these politicains combined together. Even the Obama's. It is a shame they only talk about Mike's music, and not about his philanthropy!

Thanx for sharing...

L.O.V.E.
Romi
They werent even talking about his music for a while let alone his philanthropy
& humanitarianism....it was all about the trial and "MJ's weird behavior".
And as late as it was, they got back on track, meaning the music, after
he passed away.
Thats whats unfortunate.

Who cares what CNN thinks? I'm also suspicious of the general media and their agendas.

This is a pretty high position on this list considering that CNN concentrates mostly on hard-edged political news. I think their list is consistent with their journalistic focus.

That last part...
He once said, "Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight from their hearts and only asks to be lived."
I don't know, it sounds like they just wanted to put something about children in, it's a little bit random. That has nothing to do with his awards so didn't follow what they said. I don't know, I'm probably taking it out of context but it seems like they just wanted to get something about children in...

But, at least he's being recognised for something more than the allegations.

"Intriguing..." < As in lets take the smallest thing and twist it to make it look interesting and scandelous although it makes Michael look bad?

I'm sorry.

join the club

Sorry, but they were all about MJ and they put him number six.... should be number one (to me)

I'm sorry.

we'll probably compete in who is more suspicious of the media.

i made the mistake of giving them credit for not mentioning child molestation anymore, because he's dead, and, because of the new overdose buzzline. but not only am i tragically mistaken, but, they are now using the word 'abuse'. so it could mean multiple things to those who only like to read headlines, even though i'm sure everybody knows the media history of reporting on MJ. and they are bringing back all the other negative buzzlines about surgery, etc. and they're blaming him for starting to get personal with celebrities. so they're basically saying he's their biggest focal point for negativity, while saying he is only ONE of the greatest entertainers in history. so they think he's the biggest, so they can be negative, but they think he's only ONE of the biggest, when it comes to music. and then their last line is designed to make them feel good about themselves, after, once again, going to the bathroom, on MJ.

so no need for apologies to the media. also, no need for the apology, since there is only one reason why they are listing him, now. a lot of Michael Jackson envy in the media. they know and believe he's the biggest entertainer in History, and The King, but they don't want to admit it.

Last edited:

Thanx for sharing...

L.O.V.E.
Romi

yep. they ignore a huge part of him there.

Keep in mind this is from an American perspective...If you went all over the world and got a list from every country, Michael would be MUCH higher than 6. Also, CNN is a much more political oriented news cast therefore will have more politicians

Last edited:
This is a pretty high position on this list considering that CNN concentrates mostly on hard-edged political news. I think their list is consistent with their journalistic focus.

Agreed. I pretty much approve of the list... except for ONE thing. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE GET RID OF SARAH PALIN!!!??? I'm so tired of seeing her frickin' face. God, the lady is a complete LOONEY-TUNE!!

What a ridiculous guy.. Putting obama's wife and Sarah palin ahead of michael, give me a break!!!!

Yep, should have been number one, but basically he's number one on all other lists...so I guess they felt they had to "be different"...pffft....whatever. Anyway, I think it's funny how basically it's know fact that Michael WAS NOT BROKE...and yet they try and insinuate that with "financial problems". Plus the randomness of the quote....yeah whatever...they're just trying to spin because well we all know that it's been long enough with the positivity...time to be negative again but they just cant do it without being subtle. So yeah...whatever...

Back