Brian Oxman's law license has been put on probation

ginvid

Proud Member
Michael jackson - joe jackson's attorney on probation

JOE JACKSON'S ATTORNEY ON PROBATIONMICHAEL JACKSON's father JOE JACKSON has suffered another setback in his bid to receive a monthly stipend from his son’s estate - his attorney's law license has been placed on probation for two years.
Long-serving Jackson legal eagle Brian Oxman has been disciplined by California Supreme Court for failing to drop a 2002 federal lawsuit and ignoring an order to pay sanctions imposed against him.
He'll continue to represent Joe Jackson but Oxman's license could be suspended if he upsets lawmakers and regulators again.
The Jackson family patriarch has argued he should receive more than $15,000 (GBP9,400)-a-month. A hearing on his petition is scheduled for next month.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/joe-jacksons-attorney-on-probation_1127052

Re: Michael jackson - joe jackson's attorney on probation

lol..it's funny how they started the headline with Michael's name, to get attention.

lol..it's funny how they started the headline with Michael's name, to get attention.

hahaha I know right...

I still hope Joseph doesn't get it though... Or if he does at all, he should get a less amount.

I do believe MJ would funnel money to Joe through Katherine. My question is why is she cutting him off now?

If Katherine was the one giving Joe money she should give it out of her allowance. Who knows maybe Joe is still getting money through Katherine but wants an additional allowance. Knowing Joe it's possible. His attorney is a jackass and his license needs to be revoked.

I did not think of that. She could be giving him money still or she could be using him to challenge the will because if she does she will lose everything. I really don't know at this point but just speculating.

Jackson’s Attorney Has Law License Placed On Probation Over 2002 Case
Tags:

FIRST PUBLISHED: December 29, 2009 11:34 AM EST

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Records show an attorney handling Joe Jackson’s bid to receive a monthly stipend from his son’s estate has had his law license placed on probation for two years.

Last week’s decision by the California Supreme Court isn’t related to Brian Oxman’s work on the Jackson case. But the attorney will face scrutiny while he argues the Jackson family patriarch should receive more than $15,000 a month.

The discipline is for failing to drop a 2002 federal lawsuit and ignoring an order to pay sanctions imposed against him. Oxman signed an agreement stating his actions caused the defendants in that case “significant harm” and wasted judicial resources.
His law license could be suspended if regulators find he errs on the Jackson or other cases.

Oxman declined comment on the matter. It is the second time the state has disciplined him in 33 years of practice.
A hearing on Joe Jackson’s petition is scheduled for next month.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/joe-...ced-on-probation-over-2002-case_article_27147

I did not think of that. She could be giving him money still or she could be using him to challenge the will because if she does she will lose everything. I really don't know at this point but just speculating.
Isn't everything at this point mere speculation? Half a year has passed some thing's have become clearer others have remained as blurry as ever. I believe we will never know the full truth. I just know that anything's possible at this point.

wow..whether with family or not..Michael has three stars on the Hollywood walk of fame. i think that is a record.

I wonder how that guy got his law degree anyway.

Hysterical! I do agree with some of the posts that Katherine may be giving money to Joe and her other children as well. Maybe that's why Michael set things up the way he did. :worried:

Just after MJ died Brian was outside the hospital saying if it was proven MJ died due to prescription drugs, he would create hell and no one would shut him up.

He really lived up to that, eh? LOL! What a joke he has turned out to be.

From the looks of Brian Oxman alone I don't know how he has managed to practice law for 33 years, he just does'nt look as though he knows what he's doing to me and his actions in the past have proven that assertion by me.

He and Joe needs to go sit their butts down, Michael's Will is what it is, clearly he provided for the people he cared to provide for period!

When will the leeching stop!

It was only a matter of time b4 this happened. That guys jus' ridiculous.

it's good to know that people that have worked against Michael, eventually fall on hard times.

it's good to know that people that have worked against Michael, eventually fall on hard times.

:clapping:

Seriously - the MJ experience from since I could remember (about 4-5 yrs old) to now (38!) can stand as a witness to God's justice for Michael.

So true Michael's body was still at the hospital and he was outside running his mouth. He is the one to blame for all of the drug BS in the days after Michael died. And this guy was at Michael's funeral like he was a friend and not to long ago insulted Michael's beloved Mother in court.

Back