A two-year-old child loves and tries to imitate Michael Jackson :-)

BUMPER SNIPPET

Guests
Hello all,

I am really astonished :bugeyed by the deep impact Michael Jackson creates on people of all age.

I just wanted to share this little experience with you.

Quite often I listen to many different styles of music:punk:, however my two-old-year son apparently has already his preference - Michael Jackson:clapping:. Strangely he didn't react to any other music :bugeyed

He heard the song "Beat it" :punk:and in the beginning he thought that the name of the singer was "Beat it":D. Of course I corrected him and now he calls him Michael Jay:cheeky:. Two months later he already shows which song is his prefered - Smooth Criminal:smilerolleyes:.

Today (2 years and 5 months), he takes any microphone-like object or assembles lego blocks so that it ressembles a microphone and sings "I'm baaa(d), I'm baaa(d), r u ok, annie r u ok, beeeeeat iit" :punk:and wants me to sing and dance with him and/or for him:clapping:.

I must say that never did I try to influence him whatsoever, because among all the different music styles I listend to there were only four or five MJ songs on the CD which was full of other MP3s. My son just spontaneously selected the song "Beat it" in his mind and sang it:bugeyed. My wife and I were really surprised:bugeyed:bugeyed. Only after I showed him some videos of MJ only once and he really enjoyed it:clapping:.

What is funny in all this is that he regularly asks me to play a MJ dvd as often as Mickey Mouse, The Cars, or Wallie cartoons:bugeyed:)!

Parallelly to all this I wanted to be sure if he really liked MJ or if it's only the tone of the song that he liked:mello:, so I showed him a few videos of cover songs among which Usher, Maya and Whitney Huston's "Wanna be startin" somethin'" performance at MSG concert:punk:, but my son was yawning:(, bored:no: :agree:and asking for Michael Jay:wild:! I concluded that it was indeed Michael's voice:yes: and dance:dancin: moves that he wanted to see and listen to:clapping:.

You can't fool a child, can you :cheeky:.

Bumper

That's such a nice story about your child. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Now all he needs is a sequined glove and a fedora and he's all set!

:dancin:

Back