View Poll Results: Do you think Michael could have done all 50 shows? Was he fit enough?

Voters
440. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELL YES!! He could have done 50 AND MORE! (please explain below)

97 22.05%
  • Yeah, I think he was ready for 50, with the breaks here and there. (please explain below)

236 53.64%
  • No, he was not healthy enough to do 50 shows. (please explain below)

107 24.32%
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: So...do you guys think he could have done all 50 shows?

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 903
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,670 Posts

Default Re: So...do you guys think he could have done all 50 shows?

^ Well, definitely not speaking for me. While I admit I wondered how his performance quality would be at his age and after being off the stage for so long.. Seeing that the last "long" performance set we've seen was 30th Anniversary in 2001..

I never in my wildest nightmare thought Michael would pass away. Even when watching the news as he was being taken to the hospital did I believe it.. People calling me, saying sorry for what is happening, and I said.. "Let's not believe what we see on the news yet. You know how they are with Michael"

my brain could not process a world without Michael Jackson!

The questions I had were.. "Will he pull off a show that would impress the doubters?" I even thought "I hope no shows are canceled or delayed for whatever reason." as there has been shows canceled before.. But when I bought my ticket, I never thought.. I would not be able to see him!!

And when I saw him 7 days prior to his death, stood outside of The Forum and listened to rehearsal I was PUMPED!! "HE'S STILL GOT IT"..
    **He lives forever within us**

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moonstreet View Post
    if people were really honest, those of us around in 2009, here on MJJC and in offline fan community, deep in our hearts we knew he couldnt do all the shows. No one ever said it but those of us who were buying multiple concert tickets were only buying tickets for the shows in July, August September 2009. No one was really planning for the later shows, everyone were really desperate for tickets for the first shows. I know some of the fans who were in LA, at the house and outside rehearsals hadnt even booked flights to London on June 25.
    It's a good point. I remember people posting clips of MJ leaving Dr Klein's and clearly being drugged. It wasn't a good sign and some people here commented on it at the time. There were concerns that he had a drug problem but of course they were shot down by some.

Aside from the drug and sleep issues I think it's fair to say that a 50 year old man who hasn't toured in over 10 years and barely performed live at all in that time would be out of practise and unless they were a fitness freak already it would take a herculean effort to get back to fighting fit, even if they were sleeping properly and not taking any form of drug. I don't believe that MJ kept himself in particularly fit physical condition in his last decade, though I could be wrong, I think his lean figure was due to his sleep issue and poor diet. His performance style was very physically demanding and I've said this before, but he should have reduced the amount of dancing and concentrated on live vocals. A man in his 50s CANNOT put on the same physical show that a guy in his 20s or 30s can. It's physically impossible, yet that appeared to be what MJ was attempting to do. The result would have been disappointing to many. BUT if he had relaxed and done a good job of singing live the audience would have been forgiving. We know his vocals were still on point! I think even the critics would have been realistic and given him credit for making the right choice, but they would not forgive a 50something attempting to dance like a 20year old while miming and wheezing his way through show after show.
    I also don't think MJ was putting in sufficient hours in rehearsal to to justify an argument that he was capable of doing the shows to the best of his ability. Also, it appeared to me that there wasn't sufficient time to allow him to gain the fitness he needed. Yes, I think he could have done many, many shows. Despite what I have said above I think it's even possible that he could have completed all 50 shows. The schedule actually seemed quite relaxed IMO. I think better than many residencies in Vegas. But I think his performance would have been better during those shows if he maintained his fitness throughout his life and kept performing regularly after the HIStory tour and adapted his performance style to suit his age.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 903
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,670 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MJTruth View Post
    It's a good point. I remember people posting clips of MJ leaving Dr Klein's and clearly being drugged. It wasn't a good sign and some people here commented on it at the time. There were concerns that he had a drug problem but of course they were shot down by some.

Aside from the drug and sleep issues I think it's fair to say that a 50 year old man who hasn't toured in over 10 years and barely performed live at all in that time would be out of practise and unless they were a fitness freak already it would take a herculean effort to get back to fighting fit, even if they were sleeping properly and not taking any form of drug. I don't believe that MJ kept himself in particularly fit physical condition in his last decade, though I could be wrong, I think his lean figure was due to his sleep issue and poor diet. His performance style was very physically demanding and I've said this before, but he should have reduced the amount of dancing and concentrated on live vocals. A man in his 50s CANNOT put on the same physical show that a guy in his 20s or 30s can. It's physically impossible, yet that appeared to be what MJ was attempting to do. The result would have been disappointing to many. BUT if he had relaxed and done a good job of singing live the audience would have been forgiving. We know his vocals were still on point! I think even the critics would have been realistic and given him credit for making the right choice, but they would not forgive a 50something attempting to dance like a 20year old while miming and wheezing his way through show after show.
    I also don't think MJ was putting in sufficient hours in rehearsal to to justify an argument that he was capable of doing the shows to the best of his ability. Also, it appeared to me that there wasn't sufficient time to allow him to gain the fitness he needed. Yes, I think he could have done many, many shows. Despite what I have said above I think it's even possible that he could have completed all 50 shows. The schedule actually seemed quite relaxed IMO. I think better than many residencies in Vegas. But I think his performance would have been better during those shows if he maintained his fitness throughout his life and kept performing regularly after the HIStory tour and adapted his performance style to suit his age.

Seeing him leave Kleins office 1,2,3 (how many ever times we saw) one time I believe in a wheel chair.. I do recall wondering what is he up to? To be honest I thought maybe more so getting physical work done before the tour over drug related.. that was my thought at the time!!

It's true that we could not expect a 50 year old to put on the same performance as a 20-30 year old.. But where I'll have to have a different opinion is this!

It wasn't the same show he was putting on in his 20's or 30's..

* The most obvious take on that is no touring, it was a stationary show
    * The days between shows were fairly smooth
    * Was not the same sped up tempo as his performances in his 20's early 30's
    * the show was built in a way that he would get extra rest - you better believe that a big part of the "special effects" like various 3D films, pre recorded footage etc. was built into the show to distract fans from the fact he's resting..

Think about it this way.

Light Man - no dancing yet
    WBSS
    Jam
    The Drill - 3D portion (rest)
    TDCAU
    Human Nature (slower song) - Stranger in Moscow was also rehearsed, its not clear of he was going to perform both or swap..
    Smooth Criminal - 3D portion (rest) and the dancing infront green screen could have also been set for pre recording (possible more rest)
    The Way You Make Me Feel
    Motown Medley (that whole dance break with the dancers - Michael rests)
    Rock With You
    IJCSLY (slower song)
    Thriller - 3D portion (rest) we don't know if the part with the black window kicks off the song or after he "disappears" (while gone resting again)
    Dirty Diana - (Bed sequence slows it down physically)
    Beat It (before he shows up, he's hiding/resting)
    Black or white
    Earth Song 3D portion (rest)
    We Are The World (without Michael - resting)
    Heal The World
    You Are Not Alone (slower song)
    Billie Jean
    Will You Be There
    Man In The Mirror
    Plane Exit

My point is, it was really put together I way to give Michael much more rest than ever before.. Some of these 3D films were over 5 minutes long.. and these are just things we know..
    Last edited by KOPV; 19-11-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    **He lives forever within us**

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post: