Got a dark skinned friend, look like Michael Jackson/

Through the wire (2004):
all they heard was that I was in an accident like GEICO
They thought I was burnt up like Pepsi did Michael
I must gotta angel
Cause look how death missed his asss…

good life (2007)-sample
american boy
And I’m feelin like Mike at his Baddest.
The Pimps at their Gladist.

Knock you down (2009-recorded before 25th of june)
this is bad, real bad, Michael Jackson
now i'm mad, real mad, joe jackson

Hey mama (2005)
And you would give anything in this world
Michael Jackson leather and a glove, but didn't give me a curl :p

Amazing during 09 VH1 story tellers
Michael Jackson….AMAZING!

During interview on one high school his answer to the question who inspired him to rap replied: Michael Jackson…and then all burst out laughing.

What is your opinion about Kanye on mentioning MJ so often in his songs, is he making just fun out of Mike? I mean probably he is…but he definitely respect his musical works…

And…what i still don't get is why didn't he put his rap on mixed Billie Jean 2008 version? Anyone now reason? It sounds so quickly made…he made his last album in 2 weeks or so, this took him 2 mins…

Waits for the hate on Ye...

If one words goes with Kanye, and I know hes been a total dick sometimes in the past but the one word is "misunderstood."

Michael allways promoted judging by the music, not by the person.

That applies to all artists, not just Michael.

I love Kanye's music. Hes probably my favourite rapper.

Last edited:
Kanye is a genius..He's is the most talented artist out right now..imo..and one of my favorite rappers..

I don't really like his music and never did and also I don't like him!

I love Kanye. I like that he mentions MJ, it's never bad when he does.

Knock you down (2009-recorded before 25th of june)
this is bad, real bad, Michael Jackson
now i'm mad, real mad, joe jackson

I remember when this song came out around June, while Michael was about to do his shows and also working on new music, my cousin told me he was kissing up to Michael, so he can be on Michael's new album. Cause apparently, Michael was working on songs with various people.

Kanye seems to genuinely like Mike...

I don't like that he said that but what can we do? (like 'she got herself looking like Michael with my money...'

Mike heard that song and still let him remix his masterpiece, 'Billie Jean...' for Thriller 25 :shock: LOLS!

Edit: You know Kanye just keeps it real. He makes me laugh. :D Also, I think he really does put effort into his music (which I cannot say to most artist nowadays)...

Last edited:
Some of his songs are really good. But I dont like his choice of lyrics alot of the time, and not just those referencing MJ.

I like Kanye, a lot of songs mention MJ. It may even be worth making a separate thread about. I've heard one saying 'I stroll in the club with my hat down, Mike Jack style...' and just recently my mate was playing a song in his car that went 'She got that good good, she Michael Jackson Bad'

and just recently my mate was playing a song in his car that went 'She got that good good, she Michael Jackson Bad'

That comes from Lil' Wayne, which I lost all respect for as a man after he made some rather disgusting comments about Michael in another song. As far as Kanye goes, he's a genius, he may be a bit of a jerk in terms of personality, but as far as Music goes, he's one of the best. And by the way, that VH1 Storytellers album is amazingly good.

Well i respect that he included Mike in his music...But NOT ON Gold Digger...thats Messed up!

I personally like how he rhymes and stuff. He's good. He's got good taste.

I've been lenient on him even after the Taylor Swift incident because he lost his mother...and that must have been really hard. My heart goes out to him.

Tnx for sharing hun...:)

L.O.V.E.
Romi

I've been lenient on him even after the Taylor Swift incident because he lost his mother...and that must have been really hard. My heart goes out to him. Like a minute before he was guna perform on his show too.

Tnx for sharing hun...:)

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Yeah was real low what Jay Leno did on his show after that incident bringin up his mother and askin what she'd think. Talk about kickin a man while hes down.

Another lyric:

I be so spaced out dawg Id be on that moon talk
I wonder if God asked Mike how to moonwalk.

Yeah was real low what Jay Leno did on his show after that incident bringin up his mother and askin what she'd think. Talk about kickin a man while hes down.

Another lyric:

I be so spaced out dawg Id be on that moon talk
I wonder if God asked Mike how to moonwalk.
Is that Lyric new? and from what song does it come from?

Kanye is a clown. Sorry if there's fans around but it's just my opinion.

I find him interesting and it's clear that he's been influenced by MJ (amongst others) because what I get from his lyrics and the dates that the songs came out is - that he's done his research. The pepsi reference for example - hardly anyone knew that Michael'd been burnt during that ad (hence the leaking of the video last year) and that song was from 2004.

I think some people try to make parallels between Kanye and MJ because they're both black. No one does that with Eminem and MJ.

What I don't like about Kanye West is the way that some of his fans believe that he is bigger and better than MJ. He does have some crazy fans who are delusional enough to say that.

"I'm bad, real bad, Michael Jackson
Now I'm mad, real mad, Joe Jackson"

I love that line. So, so much.

And I like Kanye too. Good music. To be honest I'm at the point where incidents like last year's VMAs are part of what makes him so entertaining.

I don't like him personally, and I used to really like his music, but lately I'm not as into it....

I like kanye's music but i wouldn't say i admire him or his music, maybe cause his head is almost as big as a goodyear blimp. He makes me laugh though.

Last edited:
I haven't heard any of his songs... But having read those lyrics right now, well, he's a fellow MJ fan.

I am not fond of the way he throws Michael's precious name around like it's an ordinary word. Some MJ references of his are great, but others (like the one on that Gold Digger song) make me rather uneasy. I must also say that I dislike his self-absorbed personality.

I will say that some of his songs are worth listening to. Unfortunately, this poll is pretty black and white, giving only absolute yes/no/never heard of him options. There is no grey area, which is why I am posting this comment.

As far as admiring his music is concerned, the vast majority of it isn't worth the resources it took to make it (something tells me that's not entirely Kanye's fault.) Some of it, however, is definitely good. He is one of the few mainstream artists who devote some album space to songs about relevant issues/realities. That in itself is laudable, in addition to the fact that the guy clearly is good at his craft and can rhyme in a clever manner. It's a shame that whatever talent he has is sometimes eclipsed by his giant ego and other serious personality flaws.

On a positive note, what I like about Kanye is the fact that, when he really puts his mind to it, he can deliver good, powerful music. He should do that more often and distance himself from the bandwagon of sex-crazed rap artists that currently plague the genre.

I have got nothing further to add. In the end, Kanye is Kanye, a troubled yet talented man. One can love him, accept him, tolerate him, ignore him, or despise him, but in the end he will remain what he is.

Last edited:
Back