Would you see TII (the concerts) without Michael on stage?

Would you go and see THIS IS IT concerts without Michael onstage?

• NO!

Votes: 153 61.2%
  • yes I would! Because..

Votes: 37 14.8%
  • I'm 50/50 about this..

Votes: 60 24.0%

• Total voters

stineLOVESmichael

Proud Member
If the TII team decided to take TII on the road now without Michael to show his fans what this is it would actually look like with the "lightman" and all the other effects we saw in the movie. But using an impersonator or another artist singing Michael's songs, maybe one of his brothers or anybody!
(or maybe even as a hologram!)

would you go and see it?

my answer:
I'm not sure I could do that..
it would feel so wrong.
because to me it was ALL about MICHAEL and nothing else..I don't care for the effects, the lighting, the sound or anything..I just wanted to see HIM.

But I know of a few fans that would..because they want to see how everything would look in person with or without the man himself.

Last edited:
Im not sure, in a way you can feel michael with you whilst watching all of it....BUT you just think...that should be michael there! So im not sure! Unless they can have michael dancing in the big screen at the back or something then maybe! (like at thge mtv tribute)

I think that would just make me feel sad and depressed, personally... :(

No...without Michael, it would be just a lot of special effects without the magic!

This is something I have been asking myself since watching TII in the cinema.
And the answear is YES I'd really like to see the final product, the way Michael's vision would have come to life had it have the chance.
Obviously there would be a mix of feelings but still each time I watch TII I keep wondering how magnificent this show would have been once everything was in place and ready to go.

I could, I want to see it so badly, and with a hologram is even better, but with the real michael would be the best :(

I could, I want to see it so badly, and with a hologram is even better, but with the real michael would be the best :(

the hologram thing..
I'm curious..did they really do that with elvis..?
is that even possible to get a full Mj concert in a hologram way onstage? (just asking)

No I wouldn't. Especially if they put in an impersonator. That makes it even worst.
Its one thing to try and present the digital effects in a type of.... "event" related to Michael Jackson's legacy. But to continue a full blown concert with an impersonator...Hmm I couldn't do it. And I think many would feel the organizers are just cashing in again.

I'm going to say no.
I have a dvd of Queen and Paul Rogers live,and granted Paul Rogers is a very talented singer,but he isn't Freddie Mercury.
Just take a look at this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSLZNA1B5E0
They had a video of Freddie singing on the screen,but when Paul comes out it completely kills it. I think it would be the same thing with 'This is it'.

This is a really good question. I finally got my Blu-ray TII the other day and watched the whole thing and the special features last night. I was very depressed after watching the special features, to say the least.

TII was going to be like the nuclear bomb of all concerts. . . it would have blown everyone's concerts and shows out of the equation of best show ever. Michael was the most important piece of that concert and it would not be the same without him.

However, if the TII team would perform the show once or twice just to get the essence, feeling, message, masterpiece of Michael's last great creative work. . . I'd be interested in seeing it. They are all still his ideas. But I'd want it to be kept just the same as Michael intended.

When I watched the Earth Song tribute, I know it pales in comparison to the real thing. . . but it did get the message across and it showed what Michael was planning for the concerts. I thought Usher, Smokey, Carrie, Celine and Jennifer did a great job singing with Michael's vocals and perhaps that's the way it could happen if the TII concerts were to be performed once.

I put 50/50. It depends on who's participating and if everything is going to be kept the same.

I think it would be interesting if Cirque de Soleil would take TII and do it since there are talks of them creating a show around michael's music.

This is a really good question. I finally got my Blu-ray TII the other day and watched the whole thing and the special features last night. I was very depressed after watching the special features, to say the least.

TII was going to be like the nuclear bomb of all concerts. . . it would have blown everyone's concerts and shows out of the equation of best show ever. Michael was the most important piece of that concert and it would not be the same without him.

However, if the TII team would perform the show once or twice just to get the essence, feeling, message, masterpiece of Michael's last great creative work. . . I'd be interested in seeing it. They are all still his ideas. But I'd want it to be kept just the same as Michael intended.

When I watched the Earth Song tribute, I know it pales in comparison to the real thing. . . but it did get the message across and it showed what Michael was planning for the concerts. I thought Usher, Smokey, Carrie, Celine and Jennifer did a great job singing with Michael's vocals and perhaps that's the way it could happen if the TII concerts were to be performed once.

I put 50/50. It depends on who's participating and if everything is going to be kept the same.

I think it would be interesting if Cirque de Soleil would take TII and do it since there are talks of them creating a show around michael's music.

I agree on what you said..THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN the most spactacular, amazing concerts ever!..EVER! Other artists wouldn't bother to go onstage ever again because they could never top it ever :D even now, no-one (to me) has topped what Mj has allready done before with dangerous++ the atmosphere and everything you know..
so to see MJ top his own concerts would have been something..:yes::mello:

I'm interested in Michael's creativity and talent. After all, these are his songs and dance routines. Especially if there was an impersonator. It would be so unbearable. I love watching Michael Jackson because he was doing his thing.

No, I definitely wouldn't want to see it...Albeit, it would have been a fantastic show, none of it matters without Michael....He's the one who puts the true magic into it...

It would probably slow down the healing process for me, or it'd start all over again..:cry:

Interesting question though...

Back